Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Yorkshire Brick Show 2015

Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
YBS starts tomorrow at the National Coal Mining Museum nr Wakefield in The wonderful county of Yorkshire.

Comments

• CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,280
    I will be there on the Sunday and Monday, so look forward to enjoying an event I have not attended before!
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    edited May 2015
    I'm there all three days so pop by and say hello!

My stuffs in front of the Brickshire banner in the centre. My RL name is Kevin Hyatt. Surprise!
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,516
    Awake at 2am?

6am and i'm already behind schedule.
    Kevin_Hyatt
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    @CapnRex101 Will we see you off your seat this weekend? ;-)

• CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,280
    @SirKevbags - I will make a special effort just for you :)
    SirKevbags
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,485
    Sadly can't make it this weekend :(
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    @CapnRex101 come say hello to me in the marketplace! Be good to meet another bricksetter!
    @TheBrickLadd went in traders bit today with Jen and John, must have seen you. Which is your stall? Will say hi tomorrow
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    We're there too! (Nick was there today, but it's my turn tomorrow, was at Red Dwarf convention today) and we'll both be there on Monday. Come say hi in the vendors hall :)
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    @SirKevbags Thanks to your post above a random image of @CapnRex101 sigfig falling in the mixer dunk tank has popped involuntarily into my head. Ferris Wheel, Fairground Mixer, Star Wars all in one thought, all good.

Hope everybody has a great time in Yorkshire.

@MinifigsMe Red Dwarf convention sounds good. Hope you LEGO awesomised it for them!
    MinifigsMe
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    @Kevin_Hyatt I'm the one selling all the framed pieces ;)
    Good to meet a few Bricksetters today and put faces to names.
    TheBrickLaddMinifigsMe
    Does anyone have pics, for those of us currently far too busy with life and work to have time off this weekend? :(
    @Paperballpark I'm posting a load of pics I took today and yesterday onto facebook in a few minutes.
    SirKevbags
  • Craigster10Craigster10 Member Posts: 54
    It was a really good event and it was nice to meet @CapnRex101
    Can anyone link to some photos?
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    Here's a photo. Pretty much sums it up
    Lego_Star
    oooooo the crown of shame
    That would be the Crown Of Victory I believe :-)
    TheBrickLaddCraigster10caperberry
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,238
    What's the story with the crown, it's a very random picture to use to sum up an event,
    edited May 2015
    There was a building contest on Saturday night and the challenge was to build a Trebuchet.........

Well on our team we heard Faberge (They don't just make eggs) so decided to make a fine looking Crown or Tiara depending on your opinion. Points were avoided for a variety of things, most of which escape me but anyway we ended up in a three way tie for the victory.

So the sudden death decider was a test of the firing mechanism and its accuracy. Well at first glance it would appear a crown doesn't have one, but place it onto a crazy persons head who is feeling rather fuelled and that person will fire the minifig from his mouth, hitting the target box, scooping up all the prizes and delivering a victory for himself, Tim, Robert, Steve and Sally.

Others felt it was a controversial victory, however we survived an independent enquiry and that is good enough for me ;-)  
    ShibLostInTranslationCapnRex101Lego_Starandhe
    That's not a crown. It looks more like a trebuchet!
    SirKevbagscaperberry
    edited May 2015
    Free the trebuchet three !!!

Which refers to the three poor souls who actually made a trebuchet and lost to @SirKevbags ability to spit a minifigure across a room lol

Its still the crown of shame as we named it first :wink: 
  • kendalbrickskendalbricks Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2015
    I popped along to the show on Sunday, my first experience of a Lego show since childhood! There were some great models, I was particularly taken with Iain's spacecraft and wildlife - and it was inspiring chatting with several builders about how they go about building their creations. It was a really friendly atmosphere, and I'm giving some serious thought to joining a LUG to take part in the community although my building will need to improve somewhat before displaying! It was also a good opportunity to chat to Mark and the Bricks team and have a look through a packed marketplace - all in all a great event, thanks to the exhibitors and organisers :smiley: 
  • j4chin6868j4chin6868 Member Posts: 6

Hi Craig

do you think we will let the T3 incident rest ???

the hairy fairy minifig launcher is not a trebuchet (and he is no Faberge neither lol)

Craigster10
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,516
    We let Kev's team off as half his prizes went to charity and that minifig he spat out was on the floor at least 20 times.
    Shib
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,238
    Sounds fair, you had to give them points for ingenuity. 
  • j4chin6868j4chin6868 Member Posts: 6
    mmm ingenuity is not my first thought !!!
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    To be fair, we didn't expect to win in a million years. We just decided early on that we'd be rubbish at building a trebuchet and decided to have fun instead.
    I still have no idea how matters escalated to the point where we actually won! Perhaps going first in the judging meant we gained a lot of sympathy points.
    Hilarious night. In fact all the nights were hilarious. A great event.