Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

71009 LEGO Minifigures - The LEGO Simpsons Series 2

Ladder19JTKLadder19JTK Hudson ValleyMember Posts: 209
With the Simpsons Series 2 MF slated for release the beginning of  next month, has anyone seen them pop-up in stores yet?  As we all know, Target and TRU have a pretty good track record in breaking release date rules!
just2good

Comments

• Ray1204Ray1204 USAMember Posts: 69
    Or anyone have the Target DCPI for these?
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,356
    I'm just glad they are out. Not because I want them ( I do not), but because it saves me money toward getting the 'monsters' CMF line which should come out in the fall.
  • norm103norm103 Member Posts: 283
    edited April 2015
    DPCI 204-00-1379
    they are hard locked for 5/1/15 in the pos. 
    Also they are $3.99
    sidersdd
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,333
    We have a walmart that just opened a few weeks back. They have tags up for "simpsons minifigures" I'm assuming series 2 as its a new store.....all they had was boxes of series 13...which was great because everyone seems sold out around here and my daughter was looking for a paleontologist 
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 944
    Waiting for Minifiguresplus on eBay to post and buy from him.
  • Ladder19JTKLadder19JTK Hudson ValleyMember Posts: 209
    Is Target getting strict with their street dates? A CSR pulled an unopened box from the stockroom and when I went to pay the computer wouldn't allow the item to scan. The store manager tried to do an override but the computer did not give her that option.
  • jedijason1138jedijason1138 Member Posts: 150
    I found what looked like an untouched set of the minifigures yesterday at a Target in Missouri, but when I price checked, they didn't come up. I didn't even bother taking them to the front.

I went back today, and they had all been pulled, unless someone bought them all up, which I doubt.
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    was hoping to get some early
  • MinifiguresPlusMinifiguresPlus Member Posts: 155
    @1265 ;The official word for our supply of Simpsons Series 2 is that pre-orders will begin May 1st. Products will ship mid-June.

The price point will be $238.49 per box with free domestic shipping.
    1265Thanos75
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 944
    @1265 ;The official word for our supply of Simpsons Series 2 is that pre-orders will begin May 1st. Products will ship mid-June.

The price point will be $238.49 per box with free domestic shipping.
    You plan on selling through Bricklink?
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,241
    ^ Think they usually do the box sales through ebay.
  • wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 394
    Does anyone have the upc for these?
  • MinifiguresPlusMinifiguresPlus Member Posts: 155
    1265 said: You plan on selling through Bricklink?
    Yes, and our Bricklink prices should reflect the difference in fees between the two sites. I would expect a price around $224 per box.
  • wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 394
    edited April 2015
    david325 said:
    Thanks, but I think that may be an international package which has a different upc than for the US. I was able to get it by using the DPCI at target. 673419231527 for anyone else who cares.
  • LegoVirusLegoVirus Member Posts: 9
    I picked up half of the Simpsons set at Meijer last night...$3.99.
  • just2goodjust2good Member Posts: 247
    Has anyone in the southern US found these anywhere to buy? Besides Target, unless they let you buy them...
  • veign06veign06 USAMember Posts: 136
    edited April 2015
    Surprised these werent like the last Simpsons series, last year Walmart had put them out over a month in advance...not many places doing that with these. Guess I will be hitting Target on Friday.
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 590
    This year, Target has it in their systems that it's street dated, so they're unable to sell it to you even if they wanted to b/c their system won't allow it.

Previous series just had a sticker on the box that had a street date.  The system lock itself is why it's not being sold earlier like last year.  I can imagine Wal Mart and TRU are experiencing the same thing.
  • dashofdashingdashofdashing Member Posts: 30
    They are all in TRU stores in U.K bought a load of packets today. Wow I was well chuffed with getting Moleman :D
  • byolegobyolego Member Posts: 114
    Found them in Target today (L.A. county, CA) and NOT a day sooner!
    (None at TRU yet).
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    Checked a local Target. Nada.

Wonder if someone bought the whole box...??
    Checked a local Target. Nada.

Wonder if someone bought the whole box...??
    Perhaps they just haven't got the time to put it out, why don't you ask if they have it in the stock room?

They they won't run out, Target box is not the box of 60 ones, it's the large display that hangs, so it's unlikely that it has run out.

Here's the picture of the display, notice that they have re-used the series 13 display.

• 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    ^ duuuuuuude. not cool. lol
  • legomasonlegomason Member Posts: 190
    I've seen boxes of 60 at Target lately. I think this is one too, that's why they had to reuse the Series 13 box.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,241
    Saw them at my target and TRU tonight.  One of the Target employees in electronics had a pile of them behind the counter feeling them out.  Will wait to buy a full box.  In no hurry.
    Just picked up a half box at TRU.
    Nice lady at the register had a colleague override for 20% discount.

Albeit for one of the figures. :/
  • suprajamessuprajames UK SussexMember Posts: 366
    Picked up 5 today at the local department store, and managed to get 2 doubles, not a great start.
    My box was picked through. I didn't care. It was late. I'll feel through them and swap or return the doubles.
  • 1greenwing1greenwing Member Posts: 26
    Have not been able to find any in my area of south Florida. Have been checking local TRUs, Walmarts and Targets. Customer service does not have a clue about the stock status at the TRU or Target and Walmart just doesn't have a clue. Will keep checking.
  • ChgoMattChgoMatt USAMember Posts: 108
    They're available in Schaumburg, IL at the Woodfield Lego Store and the Lego Discovery Center for $4.  No Target sightings yet.
    gmonkey76
  • KralaskanKralaskan Member Posts: 208
    Found about 90 today at a target, they did not looked like they had been messed with at all.
    bought a Radom bunch of them and had all but 2.  After seeing the paper inside the package they were all pretty easy to feel and identify.  
    But the heads are really a pain in the arse when feeling the packages. So big!

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,940
    This is what my kitchen table will look like for the next week until my sets are complete...

Mole man seems to be the toughest find. Off to Target to amuse the staff!
  • NickF22NickF22 United KingdomMember Posts: 410
    ^Where are those display boxes / bases from?
    SumoLego
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    SumoLego said:
    Mole man seems to be the toughest find. Off to Target to amuse the staff!
    Moleman is rather easy, 1x2 tile + short legs, I find Dr Hibbert/Homer the most problematic as we need to fell the head.
    TXLegoguygmonkey76SumoLego
    Mole man has that little rectangle brick, that's how I found him.  
    TXLegoguySumoLego
    Yes, identifying him is easy - I think he's just less common in the case.
    NickF22 said:
    ^Where are those display boxes / bases from?
    The case is actually for displaying tractor trailer models.  I stole the idea from a design I saw on Flickr for CMF displays.  Mine are a bit shorter - as I was concerned about some of the taller figures fitting in the case.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/notenoughbricks/sets/72157627468826736/

I'm not sure if you can find another vendor in the UK, but the link below is the manufacturer.  I ended up buying to cartons - so I'm set for the next few minifigure collections.

https://www.pioneerplastics.com/shop/164-hauler/164-scale-display-case/

The design for the display is pretty simple - it's tracking down the right mix of plates and bricks to match the color of the CMF bags.  If you're not picky, I think black would probably provide the most pop for display.  My main concern was dust - as my CMF Series 1 were getting pretty dusty and I was concerned about losing pieces if I ever decided to dust them.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157651921363949/

The ones for the Simpsons I used the lime green smooth tiles because they were in abundance at the pick-a-brick at my local Lego Store.  It gives the display a better finish look.  But I wasn't going to try and track those down tiles for the 15 other series.

Feel free to PM me if you want more pictures or have any other questions.
    khmellymelmadforLEGOTXLegoguygroundedsnowhitieparadisia
    Last one on displays, I promise. This is a detail of the tiles for the display. @NickF22
    TXLegoguy
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,356
    Nice cases. Have been looking for something different. I use shadowbox, but they are too skinny for figures like Neptune and Medusa. This may be the solution.
    SumoLego
    edited May 2015
    Medusa had to be turned sideways to accommodate her tail - which is a big part of why I stole that design. There is plenty of room on the top row to fit odd-sized characters. The lower level is low enough to accommodate fishing poles and tall spears.

I got some shadowboxes with built in shelves, but I'm finding that bigfigs don't fit. The Avengers look funny without a Hulk. And that 'normal' sized Hulk just looks silly.
    The toys  r us by us had the simpsons 2, was totally surprised.   They usualy have nothing.  
    Had 12s and 13s too 
    Did anyone do a case breakdown? Just curious to know which figures will be more common.

From Series 1, I recall Chief Wiggum, Mr. Burns, Itchy and Scratchy being slightly less common.
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    Target in Glen Burnie, MD, didn't have any out when I went there on Saturday.
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,859
    ^ ^ @SumoLego ;I remember seeing it here: http://brickset.com/article/15103/simpsons-series-2-minifigs-now-in-stores

• Homer - 5
    • Marge - 4
    • Lisa - 4
    • Maggie - 4
    • Bart - 5
    • Fallout Boy - 4
    • Comic Book Guy - 3
    • Martin Prince - 3
    • Professor Frink - 3
    • Hans Moleman - 3
    • Selma Bouvier - 3
    • Patty Bouvier - 3
    • Groundskeeper Willie - 5
    • Mrs (Edna) Krabappel - 3
    • Waylon Smithers, Jr - 4
    • Dr (Julius) Hibbert - 4

TXLegoguySumoLegoMinifiguresPlus
    Thank you! Looks like a pretty even mix.
    @SumoLego ;
    Thank you for sharing the display case ideas!
    SumoLego
  • BlueTacoBlueTaco MarylandMember Posts: 78
    ricecake said:
    Target in Glen Burnie, MD, didn't have any out when I went there on Saturday.

The Glen Burnie North Target? The one by TRU? The Nolpark Court Target in Glen Burnie had maybe half a box left late Saturday afternoon.