Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Target.com: Clearance sets on assorted Star Wars, Atlantis, PoP, Ninjago, more

2»

Comments

• OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    edited December 2011
    I grabbed another Gateway of the Squid. $10 shipped with REDcard... unreal. The squid minifig is almost worth that alone.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    @madforlegos - that happened to me as well, a dozen of the Yellow City trucks are delayed until the end of January (the 24th or something like that). Who knows, but for $15, I really would like them. :)
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    I had an order for a City of Atlantis and a LEGO truck cancelled. I received an email a few days ago saying they were delayed until January, and got the cancellation email yesterday. It's a shame, since the City of Atlantis was really growing on me.

Good luck to those of you who also have shipments delayed. I wouldn't hold my breath that they will arrive, but it will be a nice surprise for you if they do.
  • DanskatDanskat Member Posts: 6
    Being new to Legos, I have to say that you all are a wealth of knowledge. I'm very impressed. I was excited to see the Ninjago Skull Truck was on clearance, as my son has asked for it a few times. I checked the store locator and it said one of our area Targets had them. I called and spoke with someone in toys who said they had one but it was not on clearance in the store BUT she did say they had the Ninjago Battle Arena on clearance...just thought I'd put that out there for those who may be interested, as it is still full price online. She quoted me the price and I don't remember the exact quote but it was $24 and change.
    Grr...

Target just canceled all of my backordered Yellow Trucks... I had more of them ordered than I thought, there were 7 orders of 5 each, total of 35 trucks at $15 each! That would have been a heck of a deal...

Oh well, less to fill the house with, less to upset my better half with. :)
    I haven't had any Target orders canceled in recent memory, but I'm also not ordering by the pallet. :O I guess they were ok with me having my 2x City of Atlantis and a couple other odds and ends.

That sucks though - never fun to order something "in stock" and come to expect them, and then have all your hopes and dreams and future children crushed.
    :) Well, those 35 City Trucks were not going to fund my children's future college education, if that is what you meant. :)

However, we were going to build 5 of them for our "City Truck Fleet", sell the rest, and have a good time with them.

Oh well, it is just Lego, we'll live.

I do agree with you, if they are "in stock", then they should be "in stock" and should ship them. I can go into my local Target and find them, so why can't they honor that price and let me go pick them up?

At least Target lets you order that many, Amazon has order limits on many items, either 3 or 5 items (one odd item was 15), and I really don't have the time or energy to use multiple accounts and multiple shipping addresses to fight them. If they don't want the extra business, so be it.
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    And my City Truck was just canceled too. Funny, I got something like 5 or 6 Emerald Nights that went through (the hot retiring set!) but the City of Atlantis and Truck were canceled.

Sorry to hear about you fleet of trucks being cancelled @LegoFanTexas.
  • andystarandystar Member Posts: 275
    My City Truck was just canceled too. My emerald night came through but they pro-rated the $7 off $70 across the entire order, even the canceled item, so didn't get the full discount.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,804
    Grr...

Target just canceled all of my backordered Yellow Trucks... I had more of them ordered than I thought, there were 7 orders of 5 each, total of 35 trucks at $15 each! That would have been a heck of a deal...

Oh well, less to fill the house with, less to upset my better half with. :)

I did not purchase that many, but my order of LEGO trucks also was just canceled...
    Oh well, maybe those will be on sale at LEGO on Christmas anyway...
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    My trucks were cancelled yesterday as well. I did get one last week.
  • DanskatDanskat Member Posts: 6
    @LegoFanTexas I love your attitude. You have a great outlook on things. Some people stress when things don't go right but you don't let the little glitches and disappointments get you down. That's the best way to enjoy a hobby.
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    Yeah, my City of Atlantis was also cancelled. Oh well, at least they made good on a number of other sets. And as mentioned, the packing was very generous, in boxes that are certainly more sturdy than TRU.
    @Danskat - Thank you... :)

The way I figure it, I woke up on the right side of the dirt this morning, my children are healthy, my wife loves me, I clearly am not going to starve any time soon, so really should I get all bent out of shape because Target canceled an order?

Sure, would it be nice to have them? Yes, and it would be nice to win the Lotto, but I won't let it ruin my day because I don't. :)

A saying that my wife loves...

"All of life comes to me with ease, joy, and glory!"
    There appears to be just two clearance sets left in stock at the time of this post:

8128 SW Cad Bane's Speeder $25.48 (-50%)
    8080 Atlantis Undersea Explorer $15.04 (-65%)
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    edited December 2011
    My wife said that the Target.com clearance appeared on one of the couponing websites a few days ago, which might explain how most of them disappeared suddenly after a bit of lingering.