Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Why the green 4 x 1 plate?

B0SSKB0SSK In the PubMember Posts: 175
Anyone know why lego have used the lime green colour for the 4x1 studded plate on the T16-Skyhopper 75081 on step 15 page 12?

Just curious why they throw that colour in there that's all !!
ReesesPieces

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,655
    edited April 2015
    It happens a lot. Many of the Speed Champion cars have bright colored bricks hidden inside. The UCS R2-D2 has tons of red, blue, orange, yellow, and green bricks inside. I think it is just to make part finding easier and instructions following easier. Might also have to do with what colors are already in production in that color or are cheaper to produce.
    bobabricks
  • bricktuarybricktuary EuropeMember Posts: 470
    I also like to think it adds variety if using the pack for an alt or a MOC.

Great question though, I've often wondered that myself.
    ReesesPieces
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,233
    Different coloured bricks also help to orient the builder in instruction booklets - they can act as a 'landmark'  in the images.
    chuckpbluemooseOldfan
  • papluhpapluh Member Posts: 52
    Even if it would be the designers saving every fraction of cents using cheaper elements to get us some more expensive parts in the same budget ... I'm all for it ;)
  • B0SSKB0SSK In the PubMember Posts: 175
    I must admit I like the lime green piece, its the same colour as the green pieces on the republic gunship 75021, which itself is a strange colour for that set !

77ncaachamps
  • MrShinyAndNewMrShinyAndNew Member Posts: 240
    Incidentally, my son received (for his birthday) a Megabloks kit (the minions in their silver "car"), and that set does not use different colours for anything. Almost every piece is the same silvery-grey as the outside of the vehicle, even pieces you'll never see. On one hand, I was thinking "That's good, no useless colours", but then I saw the instructions: they are specially printed so that each step carefully highlights what pieces are being added, and where; it makes for a lot of very simple steps because it's just really hard to tell what is going on. My son is usually able to do quite complex builds for his age, but he made so many mistakes while making this I had to stop him a few times.

So, I guess the "landmarking" theory is borne out (by this totally scientific experiment)
    bobabricksGalactus
  • LordofLegoLordofLego Member Posts: 311
    It could also to be to break up the monotony of, say, a boring, silver car.