Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Scientific Research Institute

I bought the Ideas set and it gave me an idea too lol.

It started off as a 48x48 large grey basplate build but expanded to 2x 48x48 which clip together modular style. It will probably get bigger in time, I have plans to build a car park area, and still need at least astronomy and physics labs as well as offices and meeting rooms etc so it will probably get a second floor sometime soon.

For now it is at a stage where I am happy with it and can share with people :)

I made a Facebook page as a kind of ongoing blog, so If you like the project I would appreciate page likes, plus that lets you see updates when they happen.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lego-Scientific-Research-Institute/594506127352767 

matticus_brickshmnicollJenniecmo47prevereAndorlegomattbobabricksricecakesnowhitienychromastoneBlueTacominicoopers11Maxime_1987SarahIsabella

Comments

• ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101

Nicely detailed! How about an alien dissection room next?

• legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    The aerial view reminds me of the Theme Hospital game... except there's less vomit on the floor here, and no slack-tongue or bloaty-head clinics. :)
    Andor
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,391
    That is cool...I will have to show my daughter...she started building a museum for her scientists....obviously nothing to this level (she is eight) but she might find some inspiration from looking at this.
    Andor