Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

#4000016 Billund Airport

2»

Comments

• BACbrixBACbrix Member Posts: 655
    ^ Want to pick me one up? Lol I will pay or trade very fairly ;)
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego Member Posts: 15,231
    I was thinking the same thing.
  • Niels_TNiels_T Member Posts: 43
    @BACbrix and @SumoLego You mean me ?
    No sorry, this picture was taken by a friend of mine, telling me that my set is on its way, he just need to stay in UK for some days, and then its home to pappa :-)
    But if You have the LOM 02 or 15 some trade is possible ;-)
    BACbrixSumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego Member Posts: 15,231
    I was only half kidding.
    BACbrix
  • aldreddaldredd Member Posts: 203
    Well, my flight it booked - off to Billund on the 20th April - fingers crossed they still have some airport sets!
    khmellymelBACbrixbrickupdate
  • GoldJonoGoldJono Member Posts: 217
    They have 3 less as of today.  Still lots left though.
  • rawbobrawbob Member Posts: 535
    if anyone has a spare or will be able to.get one for me please pm me
    BACbrix
  • Russell844Russell844 Member Posts: 2,481
    I should have an extra #3300003 that I would like to trade for one of these.
    aldredd
  • HangedSanchezHangedSanchez Member Posts: 310
    I would love this! Shame I can't justify a trip to Billund! :(
  • GoldJonoGoldJono Member Posts: 217
    3 more picked up today, all of which are spares.  All those that previously pm'd me please pm me again if still interested.  Also found blue base plates at the Billund airport Lego store and #30197.
    Lego_Star
  • samiam391samiam391 Member Posts: 4,505
    I'll join the already long list and ask that if anyone has a spare to please let me know! I wish I had an excuse to go to billund.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 Member Posts: 2,146
    I get the exclusiveness of this set but it terms of after market life it will be quite niche no? I mean, from a buildable and playability perspective there really is not a lot there. The exclusive nature of this set is what I think collectors are coveting?
  • Lego_StarLego_Star Member Posts: 2,144
    edited April 2015
    I see the Billund Airport set as another part of LEGO history, TLG built the airport after all. It's an integral part of Billund, the home of LEGO.
    LostInTranslationLegoKip
  • minicoopers11minicoopers11 Member Posts: 104
    I get the exclusiveness of this set but it terms of after market life it will be quite niche no? I mean, from a buildable and playability perspective there really is not a lot there. The exclusive nature of this set is what I think collectors are coveting?
    Yup. I just broke down and got one via bricklink. I don't really know why the box art doesn't say "limited edition" though. It just says "special edition" like the Lego House, which is definitely not limited.
  • IstokgIstokg Member Posts: 2,366
    edited April 2015
    Speaking of Billund Airport and LEGO history.... this is one of the earliest known images of Modulex construction... which is also the first known image of an Airport terminal building for the new Billund Airport... with LEGO chief Godtfred Kirk Christiansen, circa 1962...

From my Unofficial LEGO Sets/Parts Collectors Guide chapter on Modulex.... 
    Lego_Starminicoopers11
  • LegoboyLegoboy Member Posts: 8,827
    Yup. I just broke down and got one via bricklink. I don't really know why the box art doesn't say "limited edition" though. It just says "special edition" like the Lego House, which is definitely not limited.
    How many sets is the model limited to?
  • HuwHuw Administrator Posts: 7,116
    minicoopers11Legoboy
  • aldreddaldredd Member Posts: 203
    Has anyone been through Billund airport in the last week or so able to confirm there is good stock? Is there anything else in particular worth keeping an eye out for there? I'm there on Monday :smiley: 
  • HuwHuw Administrator Posts: 7,116
    You might find some interesting polybags on a stand by the till.
    aldredd
  • uklegomanuklegoman Member Posts: 2
    I'm sitting in Billund airport right now, looking at a big pile of Billund Airport sets, just thought I would let everyone know they are still in stock!
    LegoKip
  • Poisso3Poisso3 Member Posts: 196
    I hope they are still in stock come August when we are flying up there for holiday!