Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Stop motion build, Slow motion killed-Mirco Snow Speeder 75074

Comments

• boomblocksboomblocks Member Posts: 24
    Let me know what you guys think, please! :)
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    I liked the start of the. Idea with the layout build in the spiral. Unfortunately I hated the destruction of the Lego at the end and felt it unnecessary. It seemed very childish to me and reminded me of a 5 year old temper tantrum. 
    oldtodd33
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,495
    Pretty pointless for the most part. You are aware you have to be at least 16 to be on the forum right?
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 907
    What kind of sick snuff film is this!?!?!  I cannot unsee what I have just seen!
    Not safe for OCD afol.
    boomblocks
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    Your production quailty is very good but I'm not interested in the concept of seeing Lego sets being destroyed. Are you hoping to have people pay to see future sets destroyed? Not sure you would have a following.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,322
    I thought that the beginning build was very well done. The destruction portion made me cringe though. I think you'll find the majority of viewers will watch for the build, but will then become distraught at the rather random destruction.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,454
    The name gives away what he is doing to his builds. PS there was a kickstarter campaign, but he has cancelled it. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1692607875/boom-blocks

• wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 394
    Haha! Nice! There are a ton of people who love to watch stuff destroyed. Most collectors don't see the humor in it when you destroy what they collect (if it weren't for alway blowing stuff up I doibt Mythbusters would have lasted this long for instance). So perhaps this isn't the best place to search for an audience?
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    Some time ago I used to watch lego droptests, just for fun. But on the other hand I can´t understand how someone can break such a great thing as lego. Luckily you can build it together again, not as fun if you do these mobile phone droptests I´ve seen on youtube...
    Wow! Thanks for all the great feedback guys. Let me start by saying, I am a true Lego fan who loves all things Lego, the good, the bad, and the ugly. I am a collector, however bought these sets strictly to combine my favorite things - Stop Motion, Slow Motion, explosions, and Legos. Unfortunately, this is but a mere "Micro" destruction. On my destruction videos I may need to add a disclaimer, lol. I will be using a $50,000 phantom super slow mo camera with plenty of different elements such as, the Sandcrawler on a bed of sand, or the Spongebob sets together in an aquarium full of water, etc. Sadly, I have received an extremely warm welcome from all my Lego communities except here. Hopefully when you see the full vision I can win you guys back over, being that I do feel the biggest connection with this audience. I will be adding my Millennium Falcon build tomorrow, with absolutely NO destruction! Thanks again!

TarDomoSuperTrampsamiam391ReesesPieces
    ^ It is because the site is full of professional builders using hours and hours to build something awesome. Then seeing the things destroyed make them feel bad. Personally I like to watch droptests etc. as long as it´s not my lego that is destroyed! :)
    boomblocks
    Here is one of the first videos shot, and is a little shaky, but I still like the fig build and the Luke mini skit piece at the end a good bit though. Let me know what you guys think.

wayneggSuperTrampTheBigLegoski
    Looks pretty sharp. I like how smooth the build is. Also, I'd agree with previous comments. There are a lot of collectors here who just can't bear to watch their favorite toy destroyed (me being one of them). I could see how you might have an audience for it though... if I could get past seeing the LEGO destroyed I would probably think it's pretty neat.

Also, a $50,000 camera? You could buy a lot of LEGO with that ;)
    samiam391 said:

Also, a $50,000 camera? You could buy a lot of LEGO with that ;)
    I assume they will rent it.

The build part is nice and the ending scenes are fun.

boomblocks
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    Don't show the same destruction sequence over and over, it's childish and lacks vision. Instead get multiple angles of the same destruction and cut between the multitude of scenes that develop. And drop the slow mo audio, it too is a distraction and doesn't add value to the presentation.
    Will we get a Death Star destruction?
    boomblocks
    Yes, definitely. That will be a little bit down the road. Right now I'm just releasing some smaller videos to build content. I am going to start posting the Destruction videos sometime in May, (Simpsons House / Quick-E-Mart / Sandcrawler / and some other medium size builds) but unfortunatly the Death Star is not in that bundle. But that is definitely one that I am most excited to see and destroy, and least excited to build, Haha!
    TarDomosamiam391

Looking forward your videos :) BTW have you seen the video where two guys throw SSD against DS?

boomblocks
    TarDomo said:
    Will we get a Death Star destruction?
    That I actually kind of want to see.
    boomblocks
    TarDomo said:

Looking forward your videos :) BTW have you seen the video where two guys throw SSD against DS?

I hadn't until now, I think the concept was great, but the presentation was nerve racking! I guess I see what you guys mean. I really wish they had a close up rig set or something rather than throwing it, so we could really see every piece fly apart. Pretty awesome though, very entertaining! 
    TarDomo
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    such violence...
    Since I recieved so much positive feedback on the last destruction video...

TarDomo
    edited March 2015
    Keep up the good work. I can't wait the DS destruction :)
    If that's what you enjoy, then go ahead and burn your sets. Doing it on a cheap set to show off is a bit lame though. Do it on a $200+ set if you really want to have fun.
    @CCC Your joke was the lame thing or hopefully it was a joke. btw could you post the video where you blow your entire lego collection. We can't wait for it anymore.
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,415
    edited March 2015
    I do like the stop-motion part of your your video's, the quality is is good (video, lighting, you know all the technical aspects), I like the music, and comical high pitched gibberish voices you include. The circular layout of the bricks at the start is original, I like that too.

BUT...

I hated seeing you burn Lego Han Solo on his micro Falcon to a cinder and a smouldering black goo, and I hated seeing you utterly destroy that poor rebel pilot and his snow-speeder!

It's wrong!

boomblocks
  • megadatatronmegadatatron Member Posts: 2
    Here's a stop motion animation with Lego Hulk Buster Smash Iron Man.  Iron Man starts to dance at 1:35

Here's something a little less violent.

TarDomo
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,417
    um..
    Can you burn the Hoth Han minifigure? Dreams really can come true.

TarDomo
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    um..
    Is someone forcing you to visit this thread and watch these videos?
    If you didn't like the last videos, you may not care for this one either. But I enjoy the conversation that follows. So good or bad, let's hear your opinions!