Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Release date of LEGO Friends theme?

CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
edited January 2012 in Collecting
Any news over the release dates of LEGO Friends theme?

Comments

• akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,035
    Seems like they are already out in several countries in Europe. US release supposed to be in January, but it may be earlier.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,055
    They've started appearing in TRUs in the US.
  • avoiceoreasonavoiceoreason Member Posts: 224
    ^^ Really?! I could use a couple for Christmas. Have you seen them? If so where are you located?
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    They're not at the 2 TRUs I went to today. I'm in Nashville TN.
  • BTHodgemanBTHodgeman Member Posts: 622
    None at my local TRUs. (Minneapolis, MN)
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    Should be at LEGO brand retail stores tomorrow when stores start getting the next new wave of sets, such as forest fire, super heroes and SpongeBob.
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    According to the in-store calendars, the LEGO Brand Stores in the US will have the new season sets on the shelf on 1st Jan 2012, and the UK stores will have them on the shelf on 26th Dec 2011.
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    New spongebob??
    I'm not in the US, just read it over on eurobricks that a few people had picked them up. Come to think or it I might have just assumed they were US based. But they're definately out on the shelves somewhere...
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    They've been spotted on store shelves (not LEGO stores) in the UK & France already. Not 100% sure, but maybe in the US too.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    edited December 2011
    New spongebob??
    Yep, the Flying Dutchman is one set. Here are the minifigs. The CMF Genie piece apparently comes in green too.

Nice :) but another ship? Wow! Ship and trains at saturation I think!
    ^ Well, I don't think the new "ship" is exactly a replacement for Imperial Flagship, nor competing with QAR or BP. :)

Awww - toooo cute! I like very much. And I could do with some more dark silver canons for the IF!
    I dont' see spongebob on the shelves in TRU or John Lewis, which seems a shame, as it's a good non gender specific theme if you ask me. I'm getting my niece some if the Friends line doesn't make it to the UK before Xmas.
    As much as I can't stand Spongebob, I have to admit this is a pretty cool set for parts (silver cannon, flesh pirate torso, New Pirate hat, Green Hat/torso/genie 'legs') which I'm sure will crop up in MOCs (I'm thinking Slimer from ghostbusters already). And believe it or not I've been after a stubby ship... though not sure about the toilet seats... or maybe they are part of the toilet roll offensive :D
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    Saw the new SB sets on shelves in TRU today in NJ. As well as a bunch of other 2012 sets. Didn't see Friends, however.
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    Thanks for the info guys, kinda looking forward to the LEGO Friends theme. And well as I am all the way from Pakistan, I really cannot check the physical availability of any sets except accessing the TRU website every few hours :P I know its quite sad! But its still good to know LEGO Friends will be released pretty soon. I am guessing the first wave will have 4-5 sets.
  • DKissingerDKissinger Member Posts: 23
    edited December 2011
    The shelves were stocked at target with friends sets
    in northern Illinois!
    ^ Doh! You talking Chicago area?
    The shelves were stocked at target with friends sets
    in northern Illinois!
    Great news! Is there a way to check inventory at Target stores, so that I don't spend tomorrow running to ten different stores in search of them? I am running against the clock in the countdown to Christmas on this one!!!
    @sidersdd yes I saw them at target in gurnee IL
    @avoiceoreason I know you can check online but because they are not supposed to be released until the 1st I don't know how dependable that is
    ^^ I feel like I've read somewhere that if you can get the Target stock # then you can call the store and ask. Of course I don't know how you get the stock number in the first place. Anyone???
    ^ yeah i actually work at target and if you have the "dpci" number then they can look it up they can also do a general search like friends Lego and it should also tell them if they have any
    ^ Can you get us some DPCI numbers for these sets?

Here is the on-line checker. Just replace the digits at the end with the appropriate DPCI number.
    http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/mobile_fiats.jsp?dpci=790-01-1765
    kylejohnson has a web page dedicated to Target searches and DPCI numbers as well.
    http://sportbricks.blogspot.com/p/target-inventory-finder.html
    Yeah I will be in tomorrow i will see what I can do :)
    What aisle did they have these sets in? Separate aisle than the rest of the LEGO sets?
    ^^ Thanks!
    edited December 2011
    ^^ they were in the Lego aisle looked like they were trying to fill the holes of the empty products.
    Yes, it would be great if you could get us some DPCI numbers!!!
    Here they are
    #3934 Mia's puppy 086 02 0092
    #3935 Stephanie 086 02 0103
    #3933 Olivia 086 02 0081
    #3932 Andrea stage 086 02 0079
    #3930 Stephanie hang out 086 02 0065
    #3942 heart lake 086 02 0177
    #3065 Olivia tree house 086 02 0174
    #3061 city park 086 02 0184
    #3187 butterfly 086 02 0179
    #3183 stephanies 086 02 0168
    #3315 olivia house 086 02 0192
    #3188 heart lake vet 086 02 0191
    Thanks DKissinger. I think that the on-line checker just checks if they're at the stores, not whether they're on the shelves. I put in three numbers and got back "limited availability" for every store in the area, including the one I was at yesterday where they were nowhere in sight. I may try a different store today anyhow, I just can't help myself :).

@avoiceofreason Which set(s) is Santa supposed to bring your daughter? on the unlikely chance that I find some.
  • georgebjonesgeorgebjones Member Posts: 224
    @DKissinger - you are awesome. This made my day.
    @jenni - Any of them would work. 3065 and 3188 are likely top of the list, but really anything from the theme would work.

@dkissinger - thanks for the list! I will be calling the local Targets today/tomorrow. Does your store have all of them on the shelves? I wouldn't want the poor target employee to have to check all of those numbers, if there are only a couple that are actually on the shelves. Thx!
    according to the "checker" they are showing as "available" in several of my local stores! Off to check at some point today hopefully.

It also says they are located in the "small dolls" section which I assume would be on the Polly Pocket aisle. I'll let everyone know if I find them.
    edited December 2011
    ^^ yes we had them on the shelves, most stores won't but if you ask they should have them in the back since they are due on the shelves the 1st
    ^^ If I have the DPCI #s with me and tell them it showed as "available" on the on-line checker, will they pull them from the stock room if they aren't on the shelves?
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Hi all, I've been looking for them all over SoCal, if anyone has a sighting please inform! I want to get it before Xmas for my niece, thanks guys.
    ^^ they should pull them out for you unless they have a problem with the do not open gyrate on the box but they are going through at the checkout so you shouldn't have a problem
    ^^^ Yes, they should. They did this for me for Black Pearl when it was "released" early.
    Didn't find any, and in a sign of the season, I didn't see any associates in a store where I usually have to hide to stop them asking me if I need any help. I was going to tell them that they were destroying avoiceofreason's daughter's belief in Santa Claus if they didn't let me buy any :). My cookie baking is progressing well, I may be able to get to another tomorrow.
    Check your LEGO brand retail stores this week. My store said they would be receiving a shipment on Wednesday.
    ^ Yes, rub it in that you have one, at five hours drive your store is my local store :). Well, one of four, Birmingham's closest but not near anything else we tend to visit.
  • SandroSandro Member Posts: 6
    Our local Target helped us out with the Vet & Inventor's Workshop.
    The customer service desk was the right place since they knew exactly what to do with the DCPI number (the electronics desk didn't). Once they had the number someone was dispatched to fetch the items, and they sold them to us from right there at the CSD, no need to get in line at a regular register.

Our girls are going to be ecstatic!
    BTW: our local LEGO brand store said they doubted they'd get any before Christmas, so @Jenni no need to feel too bad.
    :), only feeling bad for avoiceofreason, my child has decided that Santa doesn't bring Lego (he brings floor coverings instead !!!!?). I think Lego stores are even less likely to jump the gun on the January 1st release.

I'll try the Target customer service desk tomorrow, excellent tip, thanks :)
    :), only feeling bad for avoiceofreason, my child has decided that Santa doesn't bring Lego (he brings floor coverings instead !!!!?).
    For those who don't know (and at the risk of re-posting), @Jenni is referring to something I mentioned in a separate thread. I made the mistake of showing my daughter the pics of the new Friends sets when they first became available, and she promptly said she wanted some for Christmas. I didn't think much of it until she mentioned last week that she was getting some of the "girl Lego sets" for Christmas. I told her that Lego wasn't going to start making those sets until the new year, at which point she looked at me and said, "that doesn't matter, Santa makes his own toys."

Thus my quest.

I wasn't able to get to a Target today, but I will be out canvasing them tomorrow! Happy to hear of @Sandro's success! Hopefully I will experience the same!
    I just noticed that @DKissenger's list above is missing the DPCI numbers for 3931 Emma's Splash Pool and 3936 Emma's Design Studio.

We'd love to pick up the design studio, so if anyone knows the DPCI number for that one, I'd appreciate it!
    Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus!
    December 20, 2011
    @DKissinger - thanks so much for helping to put a smile on a little girl's face this Christmas!

I was able to pick up the sets at a local Target today. A very lovely lady at customer service was more than happy to help. Though they did have the "do not put on shelf until 01/02/2012" sticker on the boxes, she was happy to open them for me since they weren't movies or books and since they scanned at the register.

Thanks again!