Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

The Brickset Builders Guild - share your MOCs here!

Comments

• samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,249
    @legojeroen - That's downright excellent. Captures the essence of minecraft very well. Great work!
    legojeroenAndor
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,111
    @legojeroen - Minecraft isn't my thing, but I think layouts like that were probably the intention of the theme.
    legojeroenAndor
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    Fvork U1821
    AndorAdzbadboyzipsforbananasVorpalRyubinaryeyeJenniBuzzsawchuckp
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,836
    I love this use of the pitchfork! :smiley: It's unfortunate how those clear stickers leave so many air bubbles.
    Andor
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    First sticker I'm applying in ages. :))
    bobabricks
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,231
    @vitreolum sticker issues aside, looks awesome, sort of has a Heavy Slug/Heavy Weapon vibe going on. :smiley:
    bobabricksxiahna
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    chuckp said:
    We should have a betting pool on how soon and how many of the LEGO blogs feature "Every Coyote Has His Day". My guess is very soon and a lot!
    http://www.brothers-brick.com/2015/03/19/leave-it-to-the-professionals/
    zipsforbananas
  • crazycarlcrazycarl USAMember Posts: 392
    Marchikoma
    Tachikoma from Ghost in The Shell Arise?
    AndorTechnicNickChrisbstm
    crazycarl said:
    Marchikoma
    Tachikoma from Ghost in The Shell Arise?
    Er, yeah.... Something along those lines :P
    bobabricks
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Looks great! You should post some more pics of different angles.
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,615
    @maniac That's exactly how the grills should have been done on the actual set!
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 784
    edited March 2015
    Looks great! You should post some more pics of different angles.
    All the pictures are in the link. 

That link again is:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/i_r_maniac/sets/72157649170063623/

Also another image (taken from the set):

The_Mad_Vulcan
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,615
    Just curious, does anyone know what other colours the Volkswagen set can be built using the same exact pieces?
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,085
    edited March 2015
    edited March 2015
    @maniac, nice, although personally I'd prefer it in earth green, but then again I'm still hoping TLG will do a lightsaber blade in the original trans green, or least put out something with a classic aerial that colour.
    xiahna
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 784
    Adzbadboy said:
    Just curious, does anyone know what other colours the Volkswagen set can be built using the same exact pieces?
    At a guess, Bright Blue and Bright Yellow. Brick Yellow aka Tan would be close too.

VorpalRyu said:
    @maniac, nice, although personally I'd prefer it in earth green, but then again I'm still hoping TLG will do a lightsaber blade in the original trans green, or least put out something with a classic aerial that colour.
    Do fancy doing a Green maybe. Olive Green would be good purely for the challenge. 
    H.ARM Battlesuit 2.0
    chuckpzipsforbananasTechnicNickricecakeAndorsnowhitieVorpalRyu
  • zipsforbananaszipsforbananas WalesMember Posts: 250
    ^Nice. How many copies of the set did that take? Not to mention the more than three 1x4 tiles from the Green Grocer.
    I'm kinda interested in the building that made it into the background on one of them too, looks very cool.
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 719
    @zipsforbananas  Six sets, I got some sans figures when they first came out, which helped.  The building in the back ground is Brickstruct's Golden Hall of Edoras, which is why I bricklinked the snake patterned tiles and got extra.  They were actually not too spendy.  I was thrilled about the new scrolled fence from the Elves line to include here too.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    @klatu003 I don't know how I missed that they made that fence in pearl gold as well. Thought it was just sand green. Time to add something else to my BL want list!

Also, looks awesome.
    Looks great! Hope to see it in person!
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,385
    @JoeHead14 ; - Wow! That is friggin' awesome! Is that Hercules fighting Thor? I especially like Cap's end. The stretcher scene (and Sharon Carter shooting Cap) really captures what I remember from the comic book.
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    Speed Champs style city car.

Pagani Huayra

Pagani Huayra
    vitreolumBumblepantschuckpJennirancorbaitGothamConstructionCoaimlesspursuitsChrisbstmdonutboy
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 719
    @vitreolum You are the master of foliage and pitchforks.  Love your crane? in the tree.
    Jenni
  • PaulTFOTBPaulTFOTB Member Posts: 34
    edited March 2015
    my latest non-entry to lego ideas, oh well, lol

Chrisbstm
  • PaulTFOTBPaulTFOTB Member Posts: 34

I made a LEGO Hockey Arena. It comes complete with Zamboni and 192 screaming fans. The hockey players are my son's OYO figures, but everything else is LEGO.imageimage There are many more pictures on my website under the Gallery tab if anyone is interested. I had a lot of fun making this and took my time with it. Joelle
    Pitfall69 said:
    ^I dunno. I think you need to grab a bunch of Series 4 Hockey Players ;)
    That is cool can I share the pics on my lego page please 
    EKSamTheLoneTensorxpokcrazycarl
    Love the cube tank. :smile: 
    PaulTFOTBxiahna
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    ^ Laf, that mind of yours, I swear :)
    GothamConstructionCoDaraghLostInTranslationbobabricks
  • Bob123Bob123 Member Posts: 46
    edited March 2015
    I present The Retaking of the Reach.
    If any of you are gamers and are familiar with the Elder Scrolls series you'll recognize the detailed history of why the Nords and Forsworn hate each other  :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/14806535177/
    rancorbaitchuckpsnowhitie
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,385
    They Live. Loved that movie. I'm here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
    vitreolumchuckp
  • JoeHead14JoeHead14 Member Posts: 5
    @JoeHead14 ; - Wow! That is friggin' awesome! Is that Hercules fighting Thor? I especially like Cap's end. The stretcher scene (and Sharon Carter shooting Cap) really captures what I remember from the comic book.
    Thanks.  We had a blast this weekend.  If you came by when my daughter was giving the "backstory" to anyone that stopped you were in for a treat.  She got about 75% factually correct and made sure to tell everyone that Captain America was only dead for about a year "because everyone comes back to life in the comics".  My son and I loved the experience for a first time event for us.
    I call her "the huntress"

That's a fantastic piece! Have you posted any details on the build? Size? Time? Glad to see the pup isn’t bothered by those piercing eyes!

Phonebooth
  • PhoneboothPhonebooth USMember Posts: 1,421
    ecmo47 said:
    I call her "the huntress"

That's a fantastic piece! Have you posted any details on the build? Size? Time? Glad to see the pup isn’t bothered by those piercing eyes!

Hey! I'm glad you liked it.  I'm still trying to figure out how to post the pictures (versus attachments).  The build time was around 25 hours, with an additional 5-10 in planning and prep.  Here's some more details from my website:

'The Huntress'

Description: Inspired by Joel Sartore's classic photography of great horned owls,'The Huntress' is a recent build using over 14 different colors.  The contrast between the stillness of the eyes and the action of the wings makes a great shot!  This work has been featured at Brick 2014, in London.

Size: 30"x60" (114.9x229.8cm)

Number of pieces: 5000+