Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Walgreens clearance

We hit up 5 Walgreens today. Found some Star Wars, super heros and turtles sets 33 to 50 percent off.
Also found Chima speederz for $4 each on clearance. Got like 15 of them for trading stock.
Also found some freimds series 6 polys that we had not seen before anywhere. $5 each not on sale.

Comments

• KralaskanKralaskan Member Posts: 208
    I've never seen any sets over $20 retail here, lots of the smaller ones but nailing a batman arctic and batboy for $13 each was killer deal. Wife claimed them. Kid nailed turtles krang lab escape for $8.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    They had a really nice deal (considering it was Walgreens) during Xmas.

Didn't know they still stocked them!
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 479
    What Star Wars sets did they have?
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    Thanks for the heads up; I've found Walgreen's clearance stuff to be very much YMMV. Hopefully some people find some good things, though!
  • oansunoansun Member Posts: 87
    Thanks for the tip, unfortunately the 8 stores in my town have been cleared out of Legos. Was a nice dream, though
  • daveace21daveace21 Member Posts: 41
    Decided to check out my local walgreens, no luck on legos, but I did find a Hostess make your own Twinkees machine for half price ! I could not @ $9.99 .
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 696
    I definitely varies from store to store. I hit 4 Walgreens pretty close to each other. One would have 25-30 #76014 Spider -Trike and the next store was clearancing it's only set out for $6.59. Every store was getting rid of the TMNT set(s) and the Chima Speedorz.
    Here's what I found:

#76014 Spider-Trike (1) $6.59
    #79100 TMNT Kraang Lab Escape
    #79118 TMNT Karai Bike Escape rang up $14.99...but the store manager said all TMNT were $7.59
    #75035 SW Kashyyyk Troopers $6.49
    #75034 SW Death Star Troops $6.49
    #75038 $12.49
    #75039 SW V-Wing Starfighter $12.49
    #70138 Chima sparratus Speedorz $3.79
    #70136 Chima Gorzan Speedorz $3.79
    We found some super heros and star wars sets, between $20 and $24 retail.
    The thing is some are on sale and some not. Some stores have them and some not.
    We hit 9 stores so far and found some sets on clearance.
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 565
    @Kralaskan At how many of the Walgreen's did you find the Series 6 Friends animals? Did any of them have #41049 Panda's Bamboo? I'm looking for a few of those.
    Only saw the panda at one of them, think there was 3 or 4 there. We bought 2.
    I can stop by there in a few days and check it out for ya.
    SirBen
  • wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 394
    Kralaskan said:

batboy

Umm...what?
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    waynegg said:

Kralaskan said:

batboy

Umm...what?
    #76011 Man-Bat Attack, I imagine.
  • oansunoansun Member Posts: 87
    disappointing, I want an actual Batboy set
    waynegg
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    edited February 2015
    Kralaskan said:

We hit up 5 Walgreens today. Found some Star Wars, super heros and turtles sets 33 to 50 percent off.
    Also found Chima speederz for $4 each on clearance. Got like 15 of them for trading stock.
    Also found some freimds series 6 polys that we had not seen before anywhere. $5 each not on sale.

*Comes flying into the room*

Series 6??? You meanmean like the panda, lion, and seal?
    Jenni
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    Dropped by the Walgreen near work today only to realize that they don't even carry toys (or anything else for that matter), as it's just the pharmacy, sigh.
    edited February 2015
    Yes the panda is the ones we found , yes is was bat man attack. And the yellow Star Wars ship with r2d2
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    Any clearance on CMFs?
    Nope, didn't see any on sale. They had 12s and Simpsons at nearly all i went to.
    I'm watching the local fred Meyers stores for them to go on sale. they have tons of 12s and Simpsons
    Kralaskan said:

I can stop by there in a few days and check it out for ya.

If you make it over there, let me know. I've been to 4 Walgreen's around here and they're still selling Series 2, ranging from clearances at $1.29 to $5.99.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,322
    @SirBen - Series 2? Goodness, think you could pick those up for me? ;)
    @samiam391 - Sure, just let me know which you want. While I picked up the last few Hedgehogs at $1.29, the store selling them at $5.99 had a full row of them. Maybe that store will clearance them out is 2017, or so.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,904
    edited February 2015
    I think @samiam391 thought you meant series 2 minifigures ;) Walgreens didn't even start carrying the CMF line until about wave 5 if I remember correctly since I was the one that had them order the wave at my store when I worked there.
  • koozkooz Connecticut, USAMember Posts: 158
    Stopped by my local Walgreens (in Stamford, CT)--had some TMNT, Mixels, and Star Wars. Nothing was marked-down. In fact, when I proce-checked, things were a buck or two more expensive. None of it was new inventory.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 696
    ^Every store is different. Summer of '14 (I believe) when others were mentioning clearance at Walgreens the 5 near me didn't have any. Now, this time they do. But it's still different at each store....all 5 had TMNT on clearance, none had any mixels on clearance, only 1 had Star Wars on clearance, and only 1 had a SuperHeroes set on clearance. It's a gamble.
  • lessjunkfoodlessjunkfood United StatesMember Posts: 67
    At mine the only clearance was a single Kraang Lab Escape (which I grabbed despite the beaten-up-but-not-opened box) and the Speedorz which I skipped. SH, Mixels CMF all at "regular" (ie marked up) prices.
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 503
    @Kralaskan, thanks for this thread! I visited 5 Walgreens in Miami area. Two had no Lego on sale. One had Speedorz sets at 50% off (skipped them), one had 3 Speedorz sets at $4.50 and the final store had about 10 Speedorz sets at $3.60! Needless to say, I spent today sorting new parts :dizzy:
    pharmjod said:

I think samiam391 thought you meant series 2 minifigures ;)

He wasn't alone. I should probably clarify that it is the Series 2 Friends Animals that I've found several locations, not the Series 2 CMF.

• eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 555
    A couple of Walgreens in my area (Madison, WI) have marked down their Speedorz to $4.59 and #60002 Fire Truck to $10.99. Some of the Speedorz sets are pretty good parts packs for that price and the fire truck is a great deal at 55% off MSRP.