Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Comments

• EluneElune QuébecMember Posts: 99
    That would justify the purchase of a new console, would it not? :p
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,747
    I don't know how to feel about this just given that I rarely pay video games anymore and don't really need any extra persuading to buy LEGO! I almost think that if it's a good game (especially one that ties into themes I enjoy) I will be disappointed, just because I know I'll be missing out on that experience. I enjoy watching other people play video games, and sometimes enjoy playing multiplayer with my siblings or starting a second file on a game my brother bought, but buying games to play by myself is rarely rewarding enough for me to feel like the time and money I put into it is well-spent. So a couple years back I decided that I'd just stop buying video games (even from series I used to love playing, like Pokémon).

It was probably for the best, since LEGO is an expensive hobby in its own right. Occasionally a revolutionary new Pokémon or Mario game tempts me to get back into the hobby, but as with LEGO themes I've stopped collecting like LEGO Star Wars, it's usually a fleeting impulse. Caring a great deal about a game just makes playing it through to the end that much more exhausting for me.

What I'd really love LEGO to release is a new point-and-click adventure game like their own Mata Nui Online Game from 2001. There hasn't been a LEGO game since MNOG that I've so thoroughly enjoyed not only watching, but the [i]Professor Layton[/i] and [i]Ace Attorney[/i] series tell me that there's still a market for adventure games that are light on action and heavy on storytelling and problem solving.

I doubt this new initiative will be what I've been waiting for, though. Not by a longshot. And perhaps that's for the best. As much as I love the storytelling and problem-solving that define adventure games, most that I've played are incredibly scripted, and there's already way too much complaining about modern LEGO being too scripted and not leaving enough room for kids' own creativity.
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,298
    My kids love Skylanders and Disney Infinity so if done right we would really be into this.

• epyon396epyon396 Member Posts: 268
    Yeah, like Lego doesn't have enough of my money.  This is great.
    Just great  :|
    gmonkey76
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 775
    I'm an avid Amiibo collector. It's really eaten into my Lego budget. Glad to see them meet hand-in-hand.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,044
    I just struggle to see how it will be any good. If it's essentially like the existing TT Lego games but you have to buy characters that may or may not be usable with other Lego stuff then I'm out. I actually think Toys to Life games are the biggest rip off going. I get why kids like them but frankly the characters exist in the game without having to spend £10 for an extra character.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,649
    Could it be a spin on or development of their minifigures online game? I've no idea how well that is doing, but seeing how each figure comes with an 'unlock code' for the game, this seems like the natural progression.
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    edited March 2015
    I'd rather them just say 'Lego Infinity, yours for only £249.99'

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,044
    andhe said:
    Could it be a spin on or development of their minifigures online game? I've no idea how well that is doing, but seeing how each figure comes with an 'unlock code' for the game, this seems like the natural progression.
    If it's based on codes to unlock stuff I think they'll miss the target, kids who like these games like the whole thing of putting the toy onto the reader and then playing with them in game.

I'd rather them just say 'Lego Infinity, yours for only £249.99'

Exactly how I feel about all of the Toys to Life games. As well as the cost I think it's pretty annoying that the 'toys' involved and generally non movable figurines...if they were full on playable action figures the cost of each one would seem more appropriate. 
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,649
    Shib said:
    andhe said:
    If it's based on codes to unlock stuff I think they'll miss the target, kids who like these games like the whole thing of putting the toy onto the reader and then playing with them in game.
    Yes, that's what I meant by a development on it. Add some sort or code or chip onto a CMF fig somehow and hike up the price.