Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Looking for Dark Bluish Gray 9V Straight Train Track (4515)

The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
edited December 2011 in Marketplace
Hello, please make sure it is the newer DBG and not the old dark gray. NISB or mint, like-new condition is fine with me. I am located in the US and prefer sellers to also be in the US. Thank you.

My offers

NISB 4515: $30
Mint, Like New 4515: $25

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,254
    Good lord, can you even tell the difference? I have a hard time doing it..
    Plus is there a copyright date for the new track boxes to show they are Bluish grey?
  • MartinMartin Member Posts: 375
    ^ Can you tell the difference? Absolutely - they are totally different!
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    I never gave it a second thought before but it is indeed pretty apparent when connecting them...
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,402
    Hello, @The_Brick_Builder I have many sections of DBG straight track I would be willing to trade piece for piece for your old dark gray. Mine is mint used. PM me if you are interested.
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    ^^ PM sent. Thank you.
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    @oldtodd33 Really? Mint used? Isn't that a contradiction?
    @brickmatic No, not really. There are so many descripitions for Legos. I have bought a lot of 9V track in my time and have seen a lot of different degrees of usage and abuse. If it has been out of the box it is used. But, some of it is well taken care of like most of the track I have but I have bought track that has bent metal connectors, broken switch throws, heavily play worn, oxidized metal, broken plastic and even track that is warped 1/4" from end to end. So to describe what I have to someone as mint used that I have owned from new tells them that I have taken very good care of it.
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    Perfect condition. Or excellent condition. As for there being many different descriptions for things, thanks to anecdotes on this forum I've learned some people think of MSIB as being new bricks put in sealed sandwich bags.

By the way, is the price on 9V tracks still rising?
    ^ Perfect is the same as mint for me, excellent condition implies some very minor flaw, to me. No, the price of 9V has stayed pretty steady at about $35.00 for 8 pieces of straight track. I think the advent of PF track and all the new sets for them have taken some of the thunder from 9V.