Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited February 2015

I'm beginning to wonder what exactly you were doing in your absence... LOL

Causing a paradox, i think. ;oP
    rancorbaitcarlqklatu003
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    #75021.

This is gonna be fun!
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    ^ - cue the discovery of 750 unopened Mr Golds....;-P
    CapnRex101GothamConstructionCoPenkid11samiam391Andorchuckp
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    ^Ooh, @samiam391 is the new Gulliver... (let's just hope you don't have to put out any modular building fires).
    Andorcarlq
  • NickF22NickF22 United KingdomMember Posts: 414
    My wonderful partner brought me #21004 (Architecture Guggenheim) and #40026 (Statue of Liberty polybag) back from New York. Perfect gifts!
    carlqJenniGothamConstructionCo
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,946
    Found a Chima Lion Temple marked down to $35 today. But upon inspection at the counter I turned it down. Something about the parts bagged up in bedspread packaging, the bonus coupons for $.50 off licorice, and other assorted garbage inside turned me off it.
    binaryeyerancorbaitBuriedinBricks
  • AndyPolAndyPol UKMember Posts: 362
    edited February 2015
    Postman just delivered my Blocks Minifigures, the question is now, do I leave them in the wrapping or add them as characters in my modulars?

Sorry, I can't seem to upload the image just now?
    edited February 2015
    Nope, still can't upload the pic! This is going to be a great weekend! lol
    Sorry about this, but if you want to see the pic, look at my flickr page - https://flickr.com/photos/andypolak/16412711880/
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,999
    edited February 2015
    Today I will be mostly disassembling #7627 Temple of the Crystal Skull...

...to make way for Palace Cinema :-)
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,625
    I'm building a definitive Hulkbuster; expect to see it around the UK release date (Thursday April 23rd) for Avengers: Age of Ultron!

No, I will not be showing any work in progress because it keeps the excitement for when it will be shown (I learnt that from other MOC's.) I got the body and arms done last night and I just need to finish designing the legs and feet. After that I need to purchase the Hulkbuster set to see how the printed head piece fits with the MOC and order any other pieces that I need from an online parts seller. Unlike the official set where LEGO have to make it sturdy enough for rough play, my model will be much smaller with accurate scale between the Hulk.

Adeel
  • legonickblegonickb Brighton, UKMember Posts: 57
    Met Fairybricks at the ModelWorld exhibition in Brighton - got my raffle tickets, fingers crossed.
    LostInTranslationcarlqcheshirecatPitfall69Shibrdflego
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,391
    AndyPol said:

Postman just delivered my Blocks Minifigures, the question is now, do I leave them in the wrapping or add them as characters in my modulars?

Sorry, I can't seem to upload the image just now?

Leave them in the package.

rancorbait
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,238
    Another great day helping Fairy Bricks at Model World today, tired but happy.
    LostInTranslationcarlqJenniPitfall69cheshirecatLego_StarAndorrdflego
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,999
    Here's what I wanted to post yesterday. This time with image :-)
    Legopants said:

Today I will be mostly disassembling #7627 Temple of the Crystal Skull...

...to make way for Palace Cinema :-)

Lego_Starcarlq
  • MathiasMathias United StatesMember Posts: 94
    Just a few more bricklink packages coming in. 
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,493
    Having Just built
    http://brickset.com/sets/70145-1/Maula-s-Ice-Mammoth-Stomper
    I feel I could convert this into a Mumak for LOTR.
    However I also have a feeling it might cost less to make a Mumak from scratch.
    klatu003Andorchuckp
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 719
    ^I got this set for this purpose also.  It was a fun build and the Mammoth is "pretty good looking for a mech."  When completed I started thinking about using it for Game of Thrones....  For LOTR all that trans blue will have to go.
    Andorchuckp
    Was at Walmart for diapers and saw the same Lion Temple that was full of garbage back on the shelf without even an attempt made to tape it up. Pitiful.
    Andor
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    Just watched tonight's Call the Midwife and had to smile at the very small part where a child had a piece of Lego stuck up their nose :)
    CapnRex101
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    Today I'm throwing a pity party for a set that for some reason just couldn't get off the ground....yes I'm talking about the Ninjago MechDragon. On the outside it looks like it should be a really popular and happy set. Yet it sits in stacks at every Wal-Mart and TRU clearance area unloved. Even at the ultra low price of $19.98 it sits waiting for someone to take it home. Heart breaking.
    BumblepantsAndorsamiam391Adzbadboy
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,272
    ^I think the set looks downright stupid (sorry kids), but for $19.99 I'd pick them up as some great part packs!
    BuriedinBricks
    I picked up a couple more but I really don't have enough room in my car to pick up the amount of them I saw today. I saw at least 40 between Wal-Mart and Tru. Wal-Mart has them for $25 and TRU for $20. Not sure where they came from but the TRU by me had a shelf full of Lone Ranger mine sets for $40....
    ^LR Mine is a great parts pack for that price. I wish I had got more when they were around that price.
    I'm going to roll the dice. That TRU doesn't really move much stuff. I'm pretty sure they will still be there at the end of the month. Will see if they go lower.
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    Adzbadboy said:
    At Middlesex University they are building a 4-6 ft tall logo of the university, I will try and get a picture before the end of the week. Maybe I could give them a hand :)
    Not sure if you got around to post a picture. I think you needed to be a student to be able to add a brick. Anyway, the end result: http://www.mdx.ac.uk/news/2015/02/students-turn-middlesex-crest-into-giant-lego-sculpture

edited February 2015
    @mressin Yeah I fogot to post it, I am a student at the uni, however only the third years where allowed to participate. Maybe if I built it would have been done in one week!

I looked at it closely and I felt that it wasn't well rendered, but who is the certified LEGO professional, certainly not me!
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    I had to dig out a pair of smart shoes today I tried them on and something didn't feel right, I took it off to look and inside was a small piece of Lego :(
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    Pitfall69 said:
    I had a dream last night that I woke up in the morning, looked in the mirror and I was Jar Jar!!! This has got to be a result of me being on the forum too much.
    You are Jar Jar, and this is all just a dream...

;)
    Pitfall69legomattAdzbadboyAndorGoldchains
    ^Ha!! Seriously, has anyone seen Episode 1 recently say to themselves "That's definitely something Pitfall would do." ;)
    binaryeyeGoldchains
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648
    @Pitfall69 I honestly always just picture you as Jar Jar when reading your posts. Like, even when you're saying something about building Lego with your kids, I just imagine Jar Jar building Lego with some kids.
    Pitfall69rancorbaitAdzbadboycarlqLego_Starklatu003AndorBuriedinBricksGoldchains
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    Pitfall69 said:
    ^Ha!! Seriously, has anyone seen Episode 1 recently say to themselves "That's definitely something Pitfall would do."
    Oh yeah ;)
    Pitfall69 said:
    ^Ha!! Seriously, has anyone seen Episode 1 recently say to themselves "That's definitely something Pitfall would do." ;)
    Whenever you mention your hair salon I always think "Who the heck would let Jar-Jar near them with something sharp like scissors?!"
    Yeah, they don't let me anywhere near scissors :)
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    Pitfall69 said:
    ^Ha!! Seriously, has anyone seen Episode 1 recently say to themselves "That's definitely something Pitfall would do."
    Seriously? You can't just toss that in there like that. It needs to be a post of its own and then we can move on from there.

It's been almost 16 years and thankfully most of it has left my memory. All except Jar Jar, who I'm reminded of every day thanks to your wonderful avatar. ;)
    Pitfall69
    edited February 2015
    I'm shopping on Bricklink for the first time and intended to buy one or two parts that are not common in the UK. They cost no more than 50p but found out I have £60+ in the basket now!

DANGER! DANGER...
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 231
    argos ireland wouldn't honour the hero rewards even though they had the stickers ,collector card and euro RRR price in catalogue, got a call from Lego today and They'll send on a watch as a good PR ,pity agros dont do PR.
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,493
    The Argos City Hero Sticker promotion ended on 15th January. :)
    It does say this on the card, that you have to send away to Wales, to get the watch.

But you were Lucky that LEGO CS are so good to us. 

• GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 731
    Adzbadboy said:
    I'm shopping on Bricklink for the first time and intended to buy one or two parts that are not common in the UK. They cost no more than 50p but found out I have £60+ in the basket now!

DANGER! DANGER...
    Happens to me all the time. :smile: 
    BrickDancerAdzbadboyPitfall69carlqGoldchains
    Got a lego tattoo today to celebrate my birthday of the Lego Frankenstein Monster
    ^post a picture when the redness goes away!
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,085
    legonickb said:
    Got a lego tattoo today to celebrate my birthday of the Lego Frankenstein Monster
    I hope you don't enter a dark age!
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,272
    legonickb said:
    Pictures or it didn't happen. 
    rancorbaitGothamConstructionCocarlq
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    edited February 2015
    Waited patiently all day for my Hulk Buster set to arrive from Amazon, only to find out it got delayed by weather. :(
    Been a lego fan for a very long time, so thought how else to celebrate my 40th birthday 
    scrumperGothamConstructionCochuckp
  • scrumperscrumper UKMember Posts: 323
    edited February 2015
    I hope you aren't a completist. 
    rancorbaitJennicarlqchuckp
  • EluneElune QuébecMember Posts: 99
    I'm a shopaholic... ^^; I buy way more sets than I can display in my microscopic apartment (I can hardly display more than two medium-sized sets).
    "But I'm moving into a house soon! Imagine how cool it will be then!" Ahem... >_> I'm especially vulnerable with retired/soon-to-be-retired sets.
    Andor