Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

76042 UCS Helicarrier

Comments

• PlellPlell Member Posts: 192
    VIP early release for North America is indeed tomorrow. In Europe it's the 19th, but Europe also gets the Winter Soldier polybag then too.
  • epyon396epyon396 Member Posts: 268
    Just called the Lego Store in King of Prussia. They said it'll be there tomorrow.

The northeast is supposed to get a decent snowstorm tonight, but I can't let that stop me.
    Pitfall69Adzbadboy
  • johnhenzjohnhenz Sunderland, EnglandMember Posts: 94
    Plell said:

VIP early release for North America is indeed tomorrow. In Europe it's the 19th, but Europe also gets the Winter Soldier polybag then too.

What so we get the winter soldier polybag in uk?
  • iBartiBart Member Posts: 121
    Bucky was supposed to be given away in May as I recall. Hmm... Now I'm confused.
  • EddieDoesntMindEddieDoesntMind Member Posts: 329
    iBart said:

Bucky was supposed to be given away in May as I recall. Hmm... Now I'm confused.

Every source I heard said June.

• PlellPlell Member Posts: 192
    June in the US, yes.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,707
    UK currently has the demolition digger, I think until end of month. They aren't doubling up freebies, are they?
    May, June whatever but for sure not Feb. : ] But sure, it would be awesome to see some set release promotion other than early access.
  • kysersozzakysersozza Member Posts: 7
    Link to the Helicarrier appears to have been pulled from the [email protected] pages?
  • EddyskywalkerEddyskywalker Member Posts: 2
    Lego just push the release day from 19Feb to 01March in Australia!

Same in Poland. : /
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,076

From what i know the 19.of Feb.was supposed to be the VIP-early access anyway! So the "regular"street-date has always been march the 1.!
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    I can see it now on the US [email protected] page, but the site is all screwy. Can't use VIP points, can't even get through checkout. I'll clear my cookies and try again. Anyone else having trouble?
  • drlmiles1drlmiles1 UKMember Posts: 177
    Anyone know if you could use #8881 battery box rather than #88000 for the Power Functions in this model?
    Also wondering if you could run lights to the 4 fans, as they would look great lit up.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,253
    I just got an e-mail from LEGO stating that I can now purchase the Helicarrier (as a VIP member) through February 28th.
  • KralaskanKralaskan Member Posts: 208
    I just got the email, walked from outside my house to inside, signed in, saw it available. Clicked buy now hen the page refreshed to not available. How can this be?
  • epyon396epyon396 Member Posts: 268
    Just finished up bag 8 before having to go to the gym.
    It's a very impressive set. I can't wait to finish it, even though I STILL haven't figured out where it's going.
  • danstraindepotdanstraindepot Member Posts: 170
    I just ordered online too. However I had to refresh, because the first time it dropped it from my order.
  • JumpinbeansJumpinbeans Member Posts: 70
    Just curious......the number of pieces in the set.....2996.

Thats the same as the number of people that sadly died in the Sept 11 attacks in 2001. I was wondering if there was anything symbolic in Lego choosing that number of pieces for the set or whether its just a coincidence.
  • KralaskanKralaskan Member Posts: 208
    Got it, yes I had to refresh and sign in again then it showed back up. Nailed 2 and the
    Slave 1 too.
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 853
    No one is waiting for double points?
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    ^ I'm waiting for a better promotion. I really wanted to pick it up today and am still going to the store after work to drool over the model but I'll wait for either double points or a better poly. Have enough sitting around that I haven't built. Unpacked my SW UCS sets and a few of the other ships I like to put on display so I may have to finally break out my SSD and build it.
  • monkyby87monkyby87 Member Posts: 306

Just curious......the number of pieces in the set.....2996.

Thats the same as the number of people that sadly died in the Sept 11 attacks in 2001. I was wondering if there was anything symbolic in Lego choosing that number of pieces for the set or whether its just a coincidence.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence, I don't think there is any relation whatsoever to any real life event.
    drlmiles1 said:

Anyone know if you could use #8881 battery box rather than #88000 for the Power Functions in this model?

I dont own #8881, but I cannot imagine, functionality-wise, why it would not. Judging by the box, #88000 connects to the helicarrier. If you can find a way to secure #8881 with the switch in the open space, then it should be able to turn on... and not fall out.
    Just found try is
    Haven't seen yet but will watch in a bit
  • drlmiles1drlmiles1 UKMember Posts: 177
    Drmnez said:

Just found try is
    Haven't seen yet but will watch in a bit

He's obviously not familiar with Power Functions in this review - he goes and gets a Power Functions set #8293 and describes #8881 as a "motor". Also I feel it should be possible to route the lighting cables in a more concealed manner. But this & his other video show off the model well.
  • scrumperscrumper UKMember Posts: 323
    chuckp said:

Who else besides me hopes that LEGO starts using cats a new unit of measurement in product descriptions? :) " The Detective’s Office measures over 1 cat high, 1 cat wide and 3/4 cat deep..."

Seriously though, @epyon396 nice use of the cat for scale. Seeing a 16 lb. cat next to it gives a real good idea of the size. Nice work!

I thought the Banana was the new unit of LEGO scale. How many Bananas equal a Cat?
    cloaked7chuckpRedbullgivesuwind
  • donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 703
    I would love to own this but would be in deep trouble if I spent nearly 300 quid on a Lego set.
  • johnhenzjohnhenz Sunderland, EnglandMember Posts: 94
    donutboy said:

I would love to own this but would be in deep trouble if I spent nearly 300 quid on a Lego set.

I'm okay I've got £80 on my vip card suppose that softens the blow
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    edited February 2015
    scrumper said:

chuckp said:

Who else besides me hopes that LEGO starts using cats a new unit of measurement in product descriptions? :) " The Detective’s Office measures over 1 cat high, 1 cat wide and 3/4 cat deep..."

Seriously though, @epyon396 nice use of the cat for scale. Seeing a 16 lb. cat next to it gives a real good idea of the size. Nice work!

I thought the Banana was the new unit of LEGO scale. How many Bananas equal a Cat?
    Metric/inches... banana/cat...

I can't convert metric to inches now. No way am I gonna be able to convert banana (said as a minion 'bah... nan... ahhhh') to cat. :-)

Do minions just like bananas because they're yellow like a minion? Or, maybe the shape? Again, like a minion? Course, I have seen a minion try to eat another minion. Well, if they are starving and on a life boat cast out to sea. :-)

carlq
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 880
    There is an empty helicarrier display case in the window of Glasgow store begging to be filled.

I was picking up my calander minifig and the guy didn't seem to care much. When I asked him about the helicarrier he got much happier!
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    I went to check it out last night and they said it wouldn't be on display till March 2nd. He said they originally had it planned to be on display yesterday and had it built in the back but they got some update schedule on it from corporate saying March 2nd. He said that the cases they have aren't wide enough for it so he thinks they had to order something different to mount it tilted at and angle and thought they might have had a delay in getting what they needed but wasn't sure.
    Link is now live and orders being taken for UK [email protected]: http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/The-SHIELD-Helicarrier-76042
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,076

Link is now live and orders being taken for UK [email protected]: http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/The-SHIELD-Helicarrier-76042

It says: "Pre-order this item today, will ship by 1 Mar 2015" WTF?!?!?!? Why the hell shall i order today to get it delivered on the 1.March??? Is this what they call "VIP early-acess"???
    And VIP points not being recognised!
  • matt666matt666 Manchester, UKMember Posts: 30
    UK is only showing March 1st delivery when you add to basket, however it IS adding a Winter Soldier Minifigure aswell as the Digger Polybag
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,624
    edited February 2015
    ^^Damn, I hope Winter Solider can be obtained another way soon...

I guess they really want people to buy the Helicarrier, even though it got the mixed reaction.
  • thehornedratthehornedrat Member Posts: 86
    Hmmm, it says 'available now' when I bought my HC. The only difference is the time it arrives, so I'm not fussed.
    Marcos has done a great job but my opinions also follow what Chris mentioned in the Brickset review. I was always going to get this set but the price was always an issue in comparison with other spectacular sets LEGO released. I was hoping for this to be on sale in a year or two at Smyths or purchase it during a double points month. I really find it annoying that they are also throwing a free Winter Solider minifigure with this set to make people buy it during the first few weeks of release. This year my budget is mainly going towards MOC's for Brick2015, so now I'm stuck. Should I wait and hope the Winter Solider will be available later in the year or pull the trigger now?
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    Or just buy it off ebay for around £15
  • JayEmJayEm United KingdomMember Posts: 62
    I was planning to get the Quinjet whenever the Winter Soldier figure was being given away and get both, so this is a little disappointing. Is it likely it will be available again later?
  • KleiovousKleiovous UKMember Posts: 95

Or just buy it off ebay for around £15

^This
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,283
    edited February 2015
    Just been down to Lego Westfield and had a look at it, which has saved me £270.
    Despite the size, it's just not worth the money.
    cheshirecat
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,330
    I dunno, still seems 'small' for 349.99 USD, just me I guess.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Can't seem to find any vids with the lights and motor installed, anyone else seen it around?
  • Ray1204Ray1204 USAMember Posts: 69
    This is very disappointing that the uk will get winter soldier polybag pre order and not the US also. After spending so much with this set it should have been included already in the set.

Can't seem to find any vids with the lights and motor installed, anyone else seen it around?

@BrickDancer Here you go...

BrickDancerchuckp
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Thanks a lot @Adzbadboy. The engines look great in motion as expected. But the lights were a bit of a let down since it doesn't really illuminate the bridge much and instead were 2 bright dots. The sacrifice of the internal command center as a play area is a biggie. Plus the on/off switch would have been better if they figured a way to access it from the outside without needing to remove the runway, but would probably made it more difficult to design.

Overall, I'm a bit less excited to add this function after seeing the video. But the added cost of $27 USD to have them included is not much of a deterrent against it either.