Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO's Replacement Parts Site

179111213

Comments

  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 872
    ^ Not going for the bright green "lando" trim on your falcon, then?
    Lobotprevere
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 950
    edited February 2015
    luckyruss said:

    ^ Not going for the bright green "lando" trim on your falcon, then?

    I'll email LEGO as soon as the other part of the order arrives; I feel bad about just keeping them, without at least offering to post them back!

    I haven't had the best customer experience with this order though, I won't go into details but I hope I'm the exception..... I've always been highly impressed by CS until now.

  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 928
    Lobot said:

    luckyruss said:

    ^ Not going for the bright green "lando" trim on your falcon, then?

    I'll email LEGO as soon as the other part of the order arrives; I feel bad about just keeping them, without at least offering to post them back!

    I haven't had the best customer experience with this order though, I won't go into details but I hope I'm the exception..... I've always been highly impressed by CS until now.

    It's much easier to just give them a call. I had a missing part and a random torso as well and they sent out new ones within minutes of calling them up. They won't want you to send the extra bits back. May be you've got my missing torso?! ;-)

    Red masonry bricks are back in stock in the UK
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    edited February 2015
    @Lobot Lego do seen to struggle with PAB & Bricks & Pieces orders, all but the last of my orders have had mistakes and I have also received random non ordered pieces before.

    I generally order extras of cheap parts just to save the hassle of having to go through the customer service process, when it's just a few parts missing at least.

    Being that they hand pick you have to expect it and although I have fewer issues, issues still occur with Bricklink orders.

    I really don't know how you can make the process of picking brick more reliable. Nature of the beast and all that I suppose.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,879
    When I hear that they hand pick these orders, I cringe, since this company is now built on having robots pretty much do the set packing and packaging.
    Sethro3
  • donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 731
    I've had an order "in warehouse" status for about 8 days now. Can anyone tell me if this is normal. Thanks
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,479
    edited February 2015
    donutboy said:

    I've had an order "in warehouse" status for about 8 days now. Can anyone tell me if this is normal. Thanks

    Likely, if they are getting a lot of orders, I think LEGO now says what 7-14 days for the order to just get to you now. Considering that in the US they changed their system to now allow for buying directly online (you used to have to call in to place or pay for an order) , that generatesd far more orders I think. Couple that with the new sets and sought after parts wanted (like dark red masonry brick) and the fact they shut down for the holidays, my guess is they are still playing catch up with orders and demand.
    Same with the reason of missing parts from orders. 1 year ago I had very few issues getting parts from parts direct, but now hearing everyone's problem my guess is it has to do with the increased popularity of the service. They likely also had to hire more people to work these orders (maybe not as knowledgeable in the system yet), maybe they also changed the order sheets. My other guess is that the more parts you buy in one go, the more likely you will be missing parts as they may overlook something and then fail to see their overlook if there are already a ton of parts in the box/bag (however they pick)

    So add all of these factors up and part orders are going to likely take longer and be missing parts when you order a ton.
    My guess is by summer, when demand for indoor toys seems to go down, they may be doing better in time and part counts, but that is just a guess
    donutboy
  • ShatteredGnomeShatteredGnome Docking Bay 94, Mos Eisley, TatooineMember Posts: 31
    edited February 2015
    I got an opened (supposedly complete w/o figures) 75020 Jabba's Sail Barge off eBay some weeks ago, then while building today came to find there were additional parts missing from every bag, and one bag # 2 was completely missing from the set.

    I've been trying to make an order, but every time I've selected all the parts I need, and click the Checkout button, it redirects to the shop homepage and nothing's in the cart.
    If I do another test and put only one part in my bag, it redirects properly to the cart to checkout.

    Anyone else had this problem before?
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 928

    I got an opened (supposedly complete w/o figures) 75020 Jabba's Sail Barge off eBay some weeks ago, then while building today came to find there were additional parts missing from every bag, and one bag # 2 was completely missing from the set.

    I've been trying to make an order, but every time I've selected all the parts I need, and click the Checkout button, it redirects to the shop homepage and nothing's in the cart.
    If I do another test and put only one part in my bag, it redirects properly to the cart to checkout.

    Anyone else had this problem before?

    Just give customer services a call - it's much easier and quicker that way
  • ShatteredGnomeShatteredGnome Docking Bay 94, Mos Eisley, TatooineMember Posts: 31
    edited February 2015
    msanders said:

    Just give customer services a call - it's much easier and quicker that way

    That is a good suggestion, but how would that work exactly? Do I need to have a list of element numbers/quantities on hand?

    I've placed replacement part orders in the past and I've never had this problem until now.
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 928

    msanders said:

    Just give customer services a call - it's much easier and quicker that way

    That is a good suggestion, but how would that work exactly? Do I need to have a list of element numbers/quantities on hand?

    I've placed replacement part orders in the past and I've never had this problem until now.
    You can have this list to hand but you can just say that you are missing one of the bags for a particular set (I think in the past they've sent out whole missing bags to people).
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,479

    I got an opened (supposedly complete w/o figures) 75020 Jabba's Sail Barge off eBay some weeks ago, then while building today came to find there were additional parts missing from every bag, and one bag # 2 was completely missing from the set.

    I've been trying to make an order, but every time I've selected all the parts I need, and click the Checkout button, it redirects to the shop homepage and nothing's in the cart.
    If I do another test and put only one part in my bag, it redirects properly to the cart to checkout.

    Anyone else had this problem before?

    Likely a browser issue. I know lately whenever the page is stagnant for a while my LEGO page kicks back to the main [email protected] page. Not sure if it is the site with the issue or the browser (I use Firefox)
  • blarghiflarghblarghiflargh Member Posts: 99
    I've noticed a brick I want is available on the Great Britain B&P site but not the US one. I was under the impression it was all taken from the same supply(correct that impression if wrong). If I call to order will they be able to add those to an order?
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,044
    ^might work. I was able to order sand green masonry bricks last summer over the phone even though the website said it was not available.
    madforLEGO
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 804
    edited February 2015
    Anyone been waiting for a Bricks and Pieces order for a long time in UK? I ordered 3rd, Got shipped e-mail 5th but still don't have it and order status is 'In Process'.

    Thinking I'm gonna have to give them a call Monday morning...
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,340
    ^ I received an order today, placed online 10 Feb.
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 950
    edited February 2015
    maniac said:

    Anyone been waiting for a Bricks and Pieces order for a long time in UK? I ordered 3rd, Got shipped e-mail 5th but still don't have it and order status is 'In Process'.

    Thinking I'm gonna have to give them a call Monday morning...

    I had an order shipped on the 5th and it hasn't been delivered yet. I spoke to CS a couple of days ago and apparently it could take up to 15 working days so it's just a case of waiting. I'm slightly worried though, as the last tracking update was on the 11th...
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 804
    Lobot said:

    maniac said:

    Anyone been waiting for a Bricks and Pieces order for a long time in UK? I ordered 3rd, Got shipped e-mail 5th but still don't have it and order status is 'In Process'.

    Thinking I'm gonna have to give them a call Monday morning...

    I had an order shipped on the 5th and it hasn't been delivered yet. I spoke to CS a couple of days ago and apparently it could take up to 15 working days so it's just a case of waiting. I'm slightly worried though, as the last tracking update was on the 11th...
    I think you're talking about standard PaB (which can be 15 working) since no tracking for B&P (which is up to 10 working).

    All I can do is give them a call Monday.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    ShatteredGnome -- I encountered the same problem. They claimed to clear your cookies and start fresh. I tried that (on multiple computers) and it still won't go to the actual checkout for me. They didn't have any other suggestions. Basically I was SOL they said.
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 950
    maniac said:

    Lobot said:

    maniac said:

    Anyone been waiting for a Bricks and Pieces order for a long time in UK? I ordered 3rd, Got shipped e-mail 5th but still don't have it and order status is 'In Process'.

    Thinking I'm gonna have to give them a call Monday morning...

    I had an order shipped on the 5th and it hasn't been delivered yet. I spoke to CS a couple of days ago and apparently it could take up to 15 working days so it's just a case of waiting. I'm slightly worried though, as the last tracking update was on the 11th...
    I think you're talking about standard PaB (which can be 15 working) since no tracking for B&P (which is up to 10 working).

    All I can do is give them a call Monday.
    Yes, sorry, you're right. I put in orders for PaB and B&P at the same time and they got merged under a single order number. I don't know if it's just me but the tracking website is awful, it keeps displaying a 'cannot be found' error (or similar).

  • BACbrixBACbrix AmericaMember Posts: 655
    This newish part of Lego is awesome. Bought Lonely Mountain and my smaug tail was heavily mis-marked and disformed. I explained it to them and put in a request and bam 8 days later my Smaug is looking great. Thanks so much LEGO
    Andor
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,479
    BACbrix said:

    This newish part of Lego is awesome. Bought Lonely Mountain and my smaug tail was heavily mis-marked and disformed. I explained it to them and put in a request and bam 8 days later my Smaug is looking great. Thanks so much LEGO

    Aside from some exceptions (there are always exceptions) LEGO CS aims to please, as long as they do not think you are abusing it.
    BACbrixAndorPitfall69SumoLego
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 804
    maniac said:
    Anyone been waiting for a Bricks and Pieces order for a long time in UK? I ordered 3rd, Got shipped e-mail 5th but still don't have it and order status is 'In Process'. Thinking I'm gonna have to give them a call Monday morning...
    I had an order shipped on the 5th and it hasn't been delivered yet. I spoke to CS a couple of days ago and apparently it could take up to 15 working days so it's just a case of waiting. I'm slightly worried though, as the last tracking update was on the 11th...
    I think you're talking about standard PaB (which can be 15 working) since no tracking for B&P (which is up to 10 working). All I can do is give them a call Monday.
    Waiting on an e-mail as a call on Monday confirmed a problem with my order. It's 'stuck'.
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 950

    Well, I received confirmation today that my PaB order has been officially lost, doh!  It managed to get all of the way from Poland to my local distribution depot on the 11th February; presumably it was devoured by Yodel's Parcel-Monster shortly afterwards...

    In fairness, the depot manager was as helpful as he could of been and very apologetic!  And, I have to say a big thanks to LEGO CS; they've already arranged for a replacement set of parts to be shipped to me so I should have them within 7-10 days.  One of those things I guess, but hopefully it's sorted.




  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 804
    edited February 2015
    Lobot said:

    Well, I received confirmation today that my PaB order has been officially lost, doh!  It managed to get all of the way from Poland to my local distribution depot on the 11th February; presumably it was devoured by Yodel's Parcel-Monster shortly afterwards...

    In fairness, the depot manager was as helpful as he could of been and very apologetic!  And, I have to say a big thanks to LEGO CS; they've already arranged for a replacement set of parts to be shipped to me so I should have them within 7-10 days.  One of those things I guess, but hopefully it's sorted.

    In a similar boat. B&P from ship date of 5th Feb still not here. Told I've got to wait even longer (this week) to see if it arrives. If not, probably getting sent replacement order.

    Very suspicious of Yodel considering the opened parcel (non-LEGO item) a few week ago...
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 804
    For anyone wondering, March parts are up in UK for Bricks and Pieces. Ordered some of the "Limb Elements" and Elf Fence along with the rest of the pieces I need for a little project...
    BumblepantsMinifigsMe
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 687
    Dipped my toe into the murky world of the Online Parts Replacement site and placed my first order today... can see how this could be a massive temptation for people.  Guess you have to weigh up the cost of the individual parts you want against the price of the complete set (wanted some Senate Commander figs, but may as well just buy the battle packs themselves for less).

    Anyway, fingers crossed the package arrives okay, given some of the comments above.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,479
    Dipped my toe into the murky world of the Online Parts Replacement site and placed my first order today... can see how this could be a massive temptation for people.  Guess you have to weigh up the cost of the individual parts you want against the price of the complete set (wanted some Senate Commander figs, but may as well just buy the battle packs themselves for less).

    Anyway, fingers crossed the package arrives okay, given some of the comments above.

    Not like you can get the licensed figures normally via Bricks and pieces anyway. LEGO does not typically sell any figures, or parts, that are licensed.

  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,832
    edited March 2015
    I spent about an hour going through bricks and pieces building up a decent shopping basket, only for it to seemingly disappear when trying to checkout (or it requesting my lego ID). Has anyone had this happen?

    EDIT: Just read some of the comments further up and seem to have encountered the same problem. Also using Firefox.
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,047
    ^Yes - happened to me. But luckily after using the back button my cart reappeared and I was able to check out the 2nd time I tried.

    There's definitely some glitches on their website. Frequently when I try to check an order status it takes me back to the home page.
    andhemadforLEGOprevere
  • canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 325
    I find when this happens, I log out then back in then I can view order status normally.
    andheAndor
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,147
    andhe said:
    I spent about an hour going through bricks and pieces building up a decent shopping basket, only for it to seemingly disappear when trying to checkout (or it requesting my lego ID). Has anyone had this happen?

    EDIT: Just read some of the comments further up and seem to have encountered the same problem. Also using Firefox.
    It happened to me when I tried to order 100 of a particular plate (in addition to 1s and 2s of other parts), but worked fine when I added 80 (plus all the other parts). I don't know if it was coincidence or not or if there is a flag when you order "too many" (whatever that means) of a part.
    andhe
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,479
    CCC said:
    andhe said:
    I spent about an hour going through bricks and pieces building up a decent shopping basket, only for it to seemingly disappear when trying to checkout (or it requesting my lego ID). Has anyone had this happen?

    EDIT: Just read some of the comments further up and seem to have encountered the same problem. Also using Firefox.
    It happened to me when I tried to order 100 of a particular plate (in addition to 1s and 2s of other parts), but worked fine when I added 80 (plus all the other parts). I don't know if it was coincidence or not or if there is a flag when you order "too many" (whatever that means) of a part.
    Nope, just a time out. Happens to me and I use Firefox. Not sure if it is a cookie issue or what.
    Same thing happens when I try to expand the Sales and Deals section on the site to show all instead of 20 at a time, kicks me back to the main page for whatever reason, even if I am browsing immediately to that sales and deals and click on show all.

    The main thing is this: If you are browsing for parts and are active enough to keep Bricks and parts from timing out itself (due to inactivity, it will tell you this as well if you stop and come back after x amount of time) and get to the summary of the order (shows all parts and quantities) I say copy and paste your summary into Word, or other similar app, before trying to check out and submit the order. That way if it resets and goes back to the home page you at least have what you wanted (helpful if you had 20 types of parts to order at varying quantities)

    Andor
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    happens to me all the time. I try and add one thing and go to check out, once I can successfully get it into my basket on the main site, I can then click on the link in the cart and go back and add the rest of my parts. If I forget then I save the page, and at least have the numbers to re-add later. 
    Infuriating though! 
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,832
    Happened again. I even did a trial 'checkout' this time, and all seemed to work. But this proved to be my downfall, as after an hour or so of adding parts, I went to checkout... and it defaulted to my original basket... losing everything I'd added.

    I think I'll give it a break for a while.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I tried multiple times. They told me I had to delete cookies, cache, and all history and try again. I did that and it still wouldn't let me check out. It always went back to original homepage with empty cart. The customer service told me I'm sol basically. I tried on 3 different computers too, which is the odd thing.

    But I agree, I did the saving page in word to have it just in case.
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    luckyruss said:

    Round 2x2 jumpers? Like a reverse "polo" tile - a hollow stud would give some interesting "snot" capability with scope for structural support?

    Maybe it's just me but i'm having problems seeing how a 2x2 round jumper can be useful.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    A 2x2 round jumper allows you to do a stud reversal with the new 2x2 donut tile. It just adds another layer to SNOT building.

    Also, like in Detective Agency, they use it as a round base to a fan. A square one wouldn't look as appealing. Little details here and there..
  • Rolyat24Rolyat24 PA, USAMember Posts: 41
    Just ordered my first Bricks and Pieces order yesterday, although after reading the above comments, I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever receive it! 
    Assuming it arrives, it would seem I'd be crazy to assume it's all there. At least it was a small trial order. If it works out, I'll definitely be using the system in the future. 
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,479
    I have received all three of my recent orders from Parts direct without issue or missing parts.
  • blarghiflarghblarghiflargh Member Posts: 99
    The only time I was missing some parts from an order, I just called Customer Service and they sent them right out to me no charge.

    In fact, I sometimes get extra parts.  Got a bunch of Guardians of the Galaxy heads and torsos once.  They weren't even available on the site at the time.
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,500
    Just placed an order and noticed that some parts have the same part number.
    However they should be different colours. 
    I'll keep my fingers crossed and look forward to seeing my order.
  • Rolyat24Rolyat24 PA, USAMember Posts: 41
    Thanks for the encouragement. I suppose I only noticed the posts about parts being missing or incorrect. Here's hoping everything arrives the way it should!
    Andor
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 804
    edited March 2015
    Well that's much better. Got my March order today (UK). Took 4 working days from ship date. Just waiting for my resent Feb order now. 
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,530
    I sent an order online. Got the lego email telling me they received my request and over a month later ( I have sent more than one just in case the system isnt acceptinng it) and still nothing. I don't mind paying for the pqrys but not even a price is irritating. Any help?
  • MilseyMilsey UKMember Posts: 48
    Lego managed to charge me twice for the order that I placed on 24 Feb which arrived last week. I wouldn't mind but my parts budget for this month is non existent until they sort the refund out. Has anyone else been charged twice for an order?
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    They usually authorize your card when you order, then the authorization falls off after a few days, and they complete the transaction when it actually ships.  So it sometimes looks like they charged you twice.  But they don't have the best processes, so its entirely possible you actually did get charged twice.
  • mldj77mldj77 Philadelphia, PAMember Posts: 63
    I've been having issues with the Bricks & Pieces online site as well. After spending hours going through an instruction manual, counting the pieces and colors I needed, then ordering on the site, I go to checkout and my cart was empty. I tried several times, on my phone and desktop. I had to wait to call customer service in the morning, didn't sleep that night. When I called, they told me they could only take an order up to 15 parts over the phone, while I wanted 75 different parts. My options were to make 5 little orders and pay separate shipping, or to email my order and they will get back to me with a quote. Fortunately thru several failed attempts, I took screen shots of my list and wrote it down as well. But even emailing was a chore, part # blank X quantity blank, 75 times over. OCD requires me to check my work several times for errors. Now I'm waiting, impatiently! It's frustrating the system doesn't work properly, I even tested with one single item, no luck. Customer service is not like it used to be. But I'm an addict and I NEED these parts, so I will take it but I don't have to like it! I get better service in dealing with BL, but that's gets real costly quick!
  • blarghiflarghblarghiflargh Member Posts: 99
    edited March 2015
    You guys should just do what I do and open a new file on notepad or textedit while you're browsing, and copy and paste the item codes(they show them when you click on an item) and make a handy checklist for when you do your actual order and just search by item codes.  It's much faster, and less stressful since your meticulously crafted orders won't disappear at checkout.
    madforLEGOpharmjod
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,147
    edited March 2015
    DadsAFOL said:
    They usually authorize your card when you order, then the authorization falls off after a few days, and they complete the transaction when it actually ships.  So it sometimes looks like they charged you twice.  But they don't have the best processes, so its entirely possible you actually did get charged twice.
    This ^. And the other thing they often do is charge you an ex-VAT price, then the VAT separately (if you pay VAT). So you can get three charges on your card for one order (including the pre-auth) then a fourth one as a refund. It depends how the card issuer shows them and whether they show pre-auths and cancellation of pre-auths.

    My last order was quite bad, I ordered 100 each of two bricks. They charged me for 100 of both types, but sent only 50 of one, 0 of the other. They refunded for the one they didn't send at all (now out of stock) and sent on the 50 of the other. You really need to check every part is present an correct with this service.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?

Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon

Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.