Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Haunted House

2»

Comments

• prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    pixelpops said:

Pitfall69 said:

Wait...are you going to build it? Well, if you are, tear it open as soon as you get it because around this time next year you might have second thoughts ;)

haha yeah, we are going to build it. Crazy, I know. But we'll get to enjoy it together as a family - that's how I see it :)
    Save the instructions and box ... for a little recouping on the cost later on.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,338
    pixelpops said:

the people who own the haunted house could even use it as part of the Scooby doo sets when there released as it features coffins and trapdoors

There are coffins in the Zombies set, which is pretty pricey now as well.

I could only find one The Zombies set at my local Target. Once the price went over $100, I couldn't open it.

• prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    ^That's the only set I've reversed parted out. Bought some on the day I heard Target had them for $30. And puff, they vanished after that.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,028
    ^ forgive me, "reversed parted out"?
    edited February 2015

^ forgive me, "reversed parted out"?

Maybe he meant "preveresed" ;)

prevere
    I am crazy for even attempting a reverse part-out. I probably shouldn't say that phrase outloud at a nightclub.

You part out a set. Then realize, holy crap, it's going to be worth a lot, as a set. So I pulled back all the parts one by one from my inventory.
    Pitfall69BumblepantsAdzbadboy
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,288
    ^
    Uhhmm? Isn't that what people do constantly when rebuilding sets of which they don't keep all the bricks separately together?!

Lego is all about prerereversing etc.
    LegoKip
    edited February 2015

^
    Uhhmm? Isn't that what people do constantly when rebuilding sets of which they don't keep all the bricks separately together?!

Lego is all about prerereversing etc.

"Prerereversing" I can't even say that 3 times fast. I think we have a new word!!! I am going to add it to my Lego Dictionary along with "Dickish" and "Likewhoring".

BumblepantsAdzbadboy
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,288
    Does that mean that you also like likewhoring likewhores who with great expectations very dickishly reprereverse charleses separate bricks together in SNOT fashion?
    Pitfall69pharmjodprevereAdzbadboyRonyar
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    ^Don't testicles him.
    Pitfall69
    Looks like some of the rum from the Pirates thread is spilling over...
  • pixelpopspixelpops Member Posts: 21

I could only find one The Zombies set at my local Target. Once the price went over $100, I couldn't open it.

I understand why you wouldn't open it... But I opened mine and can't wait to open the HH set. That's the whole point of LEGO, isn't it - to play well :)

MrJ_NY
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 943
    edited February 2015
    pixelpops said:

I understand why you wouldn't open it... But I opened mine and can't wait to open the HH set. That's the whole point of LEGO, isn't it - to play well :)

Beating a dead horse.

^Don't testicles him.

My God man!! That was an awful autocorrect moment.

• TheGlynreaperTheGlynreaper Banned Posts: 18
    Pitfall69 said:

^There are no coffins or trap doors in the Haunted House. There is an attic ladder that folds down to gain access to the attic.

hmm I was sure I saw it in a video once oh well , I missed out on the monster fighters line entirely

• pixelpopspixelpops Member Posts: 21
    1265 said:

pixelpops said:

Beating a dead horse.
    Hahah yeah, I figured as much. But I'm relatively new here, so I thought I could kick it at least once ;)
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    pixelpops said:

1265 said:

pixelpops said:

Beating a dead horse.
    Hahah yeah, I figured as much. But I'm relatively new here, so I thought I could kick it at least once ;)
    Here, let me give you a hand.
    pixelpops

Pitfall69 said:

^There are no coffins or trap doors in the Haunted House. There is an attic ladder that folds down to gain access to the attic.

hmm I was sure I saw it in a video once oh well , I missed out on the monster fighters line entirely

Like an official LEGO video? TLG often teases us with adds and unique creations scattered about when showing off a new set or some variation thereof. I wouldn't hold a video accountable. Maybe the box...or instructions...
  • blars82blars82 Member Posts: 19
    Pitfall69 said:

blars82 said:

Hmmm, I have a used Haunted House that I've built twice that I might sell this year. I'd otherwise consider trading it for some of the Harry Potter sets (have all of the new ones, but need some of the sets from the first 4 movies).

Where were you last year? I sold every set from the first 4 movies + on Ebay.

Dang, apparently I missed those!! I guess I also really want the castle from the 5th movie, so hopefully I can get that eventually.
  • thehornedratthehornedrat Member Posts: 86
    edited February 2015
    Vampire hearse has a coffin, as does the Vampyre Castle, as well as the sold out Halloween table piece (this isn't catalogued on Brickset for some reason). The coffins in The Zombies set are brick built.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    ^ #850936 ? Sadly enough it was not a coffin, just 2 coffin lids back to back.
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    I still have a new sealed one in my storage!