Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Brickset Builders Guild - share your MOCs here!

Comments

• rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,527
    Day 4 of upscaling The Tower of Orthanc. The fourth level is almost complete and it is looking good.
    Beginning to run out of parts that I need.
    Maybe I need another set ? :)
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,664
    Venunder said:

Day 4 of upscaling The Tower of Orthanc. The fourth level is almost complete and it is looking good.
    Beginning to run out of parts that I need.
    Maybe I need another set ? :)

Why don't you post pictures for the update instead or is it 'top secret'?
    klatu003
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,343
    Awesome @vitreolum - added my support
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,399
    Well, that's mos things loaded up now - https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,569
    I love the K9 :-)
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,048
    ^Nicely done. Looking forward to the review.
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    Heh, K9 alone is worth supporting this. :)
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,430
    @Adzbadboy - I like the dog and alien but that robot is really an excellent model! Nice job! I'd probably buy four of them. Three for me (one for each model) and one for my three year old to enjoy for like 4 minutes and then dismantle. And I'm sure Batman and the Joker (best buds in his world) will end up riding on the robot's head for two of those minutes, which seems to happen with everything I build for him.
    rancorbaitAdeelZubair
    edited February 2015
    @vitreolum & @Adzbadboy - Supported :)
    vitreolum
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,664
    Thanks everyone who supported and for your feedback. Huw's review is now live on the 'Brickset' homepage (if it didn't catch your eye yet!)

http://brickset.com/article/14129/review-lego-ideas-clockwork-robot
    Andor
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,430
    edited February 2015
    @vitreolum - you should do a tutorial for trees/foliage. The detail in the surrounding environment is always amazing. I, for one, would love some pointers. BTW, I supported your Monkey Island project. I don't know much about it but as always your MOCs are impressive.
    klatu003Andor
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 723
    @vitreolum
    vitreolum said:

The Paths of the Dead

You didn't link the video which shows a pretty cool play feature!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/vitreolum/16440455902/
    bobabrickszipsforbananas
    @Bosstone100 Thanks, couldn't really make a tutorial as I don't really follow any guidelines, just throw a bunch of plants there until they look good haha. :))

@klatu003 Didn't think it was interesting enough.
  • uefchenuefchen Member Posts: 12
    Underground Train Changer

Hello , here the Link to the Video :smiley:

bye üfchen
    DaraghGalactus
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 723
    That is stunning. Snow capped mountains, lighted waterfalls. The usual crowd will put in the "don't hold your breath for Lego Ideas" comments... Thanks for sharing your MOC. Rivendell never gets old.
    fishingtwister
  • fishingtwisterfishingtwister Member Posts: 2
    klatu003 said:

That is stunning. Snow capped mountains, lighted waterfalls. The usual crowd will put in the "don't hold your breath for Lego Ideas" comments... Thanks for sharing your MOC. Rivendell never gets old.

You're probably right, but the moc is downsized so it's just some buildings and small features. The mountain is for display. Thanks for the comment!

Andor
  • uefchenuefchen Member Posts: 12
    Separating Apparatus Eggs

bye üfchen
    StuBoyricecakerancorbait
  • adello25adello25 U.S.A.Member Posts: 361
    Just a small little MOD on set #79003. I extended the table to make it so all 13 dwarves and gandalf could sit on the table

BumblepantsAndorecmo47Chrisbstmsnowhitiechuckp
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    edited February 2015
    ^Oh-uh!! Now you need a bigger Bag End!
    Andor
  • StudcoStudco Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2015
    All of these are so cool!

• monkeymonkey Member Posts: 235
    edited February 2015

You're probably right, but the moc is downsized so it's just some buildings and small features. The mountain is for display. Thanks for the comment!

Im not sure the mountain does the display justice! The mountain is gorgeously made, as is everything in this MOC, and airiness is present as it should, but the colour just doesn't seem to work. Too much grey everywhere with those green dots of plants just swallows everything, instead of being the background you probably intended.

(Even waterfalls show how it doesn't work, if you look at real pictures of waterfalls they are always much lighter than the surrounding rock, standing out with the rock pushed to the background)

The colour is the only criticism otherwise its amazing, really well done!

• samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,339
    edited February 2015
    vitreolum said:

Jango Fett

YES... I want that.
    rancorbaitvitreolumAndor
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,840
    @rancorbait I like your new RB logo. ;)
    GothamConstructionCorancorbait

@rancorbait I like your new RB logo. ;)

Thanks ;)
    Andor
  • SolariousSolarious Kalamazoo, MI, USAMember Posts: 317
    I am SO stealing that Galaxy Trooper idea
    I've been needing to get around to doing a heavy weapons trooper and I like the cyber legs
    rancorbaitAndoriso3200
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939

Newest city car, the KTM X-BOW

That's brilliant! Instantly recognisable. I love it!
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,527
    I never liked the open back of the original model, I have added a back wall and prepared the set to hinge open on most levels, to gain access to the play features. I need a lot more flat black plates to make this work properly, so for now the model is static.
    While the model is substantially different to the original I have tried to retain the same styling.

The original set we have is the equivalent of 102 feet tall, using a minifig as equivalent to 6 feet tall.

The height of my model has risen to about 104cm which is still only equivalent to 148 feet.104/4.2cm = 24.76 x 6 = 148 feet.
    Which is still only 1/3 of the height it should be.
    I do not think the lego could support the weight of the 3.5m model that would be required for 500 feet.
    My table would probably collapse anyway and I would have to remove my ceiling to build that.
    The final height of my model will be about 106cm.
    Jenni
    ^Are we to expect another castle build now? I seem to remember last time you posted furniture, you swiftly followed it with a room for the furniture!
    edited February 2015
    Haha, spot on, except for the part where the room will be inside a castle, but it will not be a castle themed build. :)) The build is finished but the pictures turned out terrible and I'm not in the mood to take them again tonight.
    Ah, yes, just noticed the gramophone. :-P A little anachronistic for a castle, perhaps...
    zipsforbananas
  • monkeymonkey Member Posts: 235
    ^Love the little bookcase its perfect!
  • The_Mad_VulcanThe_Mad_Vulcan SeattleMember Posts: 162
    I'm hoping this is a reference to Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, looks seriously awesome.
    Spaceship
    GothamConstructionCoChrisbstm
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    It's no Vitreolum masterpiece, but I was happy with the way this lowly pine tree turned out. At the core is a 3mm rigid hose (22L) that keeps it together. After having several attempts crumble at first touch, I achieved the sturdiness I needed for my show layout.
    rancorbaitJennivitreolumShibaimlesspursuitsAndor