Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

UK- Anyone got a #10225 R2-D2 FOR SALE

romanstarromanstar Member Posts: 197
Has anybody got a #10225 R2-D2 for sale BNIB and doesnt want mega money.Seen them on Bricklink,and they're cheaper than Ebay but rather try here first.Cheers

Comments

• PhoneboothPhonebooth USMember Posts: 1,430
    edited February 2015
  • romanstarromanstar Member Posts: 197
    ??
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,368
    Phonebooth only communicates by microdot these days.
  • LegoFan1970LegoFan1970 Member Posts: 83
    Where about's do you live ?
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    Says UK right there in the title.
    Yes I can see that, I'm wondering which part, to see if pick-up is an option for romanstar, also what sort of price were you thinking of for BNIB, or do you have any sets you could trade for it.
    Got nothing to trade at the moment mate.Price?I'll know when i hear it.lol.pm if anyone can help.
  • mountebankmountebank Member Posts: 1,237
    If the price is a problem, why don't you see about picking up a used one on ebay? Buyers are still picking them up there at round about RRP. By dropping BNIB off your requirement you could easily save £60.
    TheLoneTensor
    Good advice but i need it BNIB mate.Seen them on BL but thought id try here first.
    I've got one for sale at £150 assuming you can pick it up, as I've no idea what P&P costs would be, this is the first time I've used this discussion option so if you can send me a private message I can reply on that to discuss options
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    @romanstar Is it for building?
    its a gift for little nephew's birthday mate.why?
  • augenaugen Worcester, UKMember Posts: 317
    £150 seems cheap as the UK ones start at £250 on BrickLink. I'm surprised at how quickly the value of these have risen.
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    Just that id say you're more likely to get an offer from someone if the intention is to build rather than keep sealed or re-sell later on.

I managed to secure quite a few bits for my wedding from folk on here, bits that at the time were selling for more on ebay than i was able to pay.

I know that yesterday there was a seriously battered but sealed one returned to an Argos near me. If the box condition isn't that important then id be happy to see if its still there tomorrow? I should have grabbed it but I had other things to be getting on with.
    oh i get what you mean.lol.Thats very kind of you and i really mean that!!But it needs to be in excellent shape im afraid.Again thankyou!!!!

I did offer on a #10240 for him(my nephew) on here the other day but unfortunately the box wasnt in that good shape so then he decided he wants a either a #10240 or a #10225.

I'll happily take £200 for it, if it makes you feel better
    edited February 2015
    Why does it matter to your "little nephew" if the box condition is poor? I don't understand. By little do you mean under 10 or is little just your how you refer to him and he's actually in his early 20s and a collector? if not ive no idea why the box condition would matter to a child who is only interested in the actually contents/build and finished result.
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,368
    If I was buying someone a birthday present, then I'd want it to look nice, as opposed to beaten up, irrespective of whether it was an EOL set or not.
    LegoboybinaryeyeBrickDancerDad
    edited February 2015
    Well I wouldn't. I'd just be pleased I managed to find him the retired set he wanted at RRP.
  • PhoneboothPhonebooth USMember Posts: 1,430

Well I wouldn't. I'd just be pleased I managed to find him the retired set he wanted at RRP.

I think all this talk about gift-giving is missing the point: if it really is for a young child and not to be sold on, then the child should be incredibly pleased to get a £150-£200 gift for his birthday, regardless if the box is battered.

Are you sure this isn't a gift for @Legoboy ?
    Legoboy
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,804
    edited February 2015
    Lol, not me, but as it happens, if @joel4motion wouldn't mind grabbing the 'trashed box' version from Argos for me, I would snap that up, please? :-)

If I was buying someone a birthday present, then I'd want it to look nice, as opposed to beaten up, irrespective of whether it was an EOL set or not.

Exactly.Im sure the people who dont care about the state of boxes for presents must have an interesting christmas day when their partners etc etc open the presents they've bought for them only to find out the said present looks like its been used for a football!!
    Im sure when their partners horror as died down you can pacify them by telling them you found the beaten box on the shop floor and manged to get it £30 of rrp!!!!

Oh by the way i have now given him my #7965 as a early birthday present.

ps.Thanks to @joel4motion and @Legoboy for there brilliant help and understanding.I very much appreciate it!!And everyone else for there suggestions whether helpful or not;-/
    edited February 2015
    ^No romanstar, my partner gets her presents while the set is still in production so its win win for me. nice condition box for RRP.

What i don't do though is wait for the set to retire and expect members to sell a mint boxed one for RRP when its going for almost double.

Also sorry your "little nephew" is a stickler for mint box's but my children have been brought up to appreciate gifts no matter what the condition of the box is like on a £200 gift. It wouldn't even be a issue. My brother would also be blown away that i'd purchased his son a amazing gift like the R2D2. Shitty box or not.

Oh well, third world problem and all that......
    Milne44TheLoneTensor
    Are for real?Where did i say i wanted it for 'RRP' And well done for being a great parent.Im in tears!!Im bowing out now because frankly ive got better things to do than talk morals with a stranger on a forum.Oh and most importantly ive got a life.Good day to you sir.
    Bye....
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited February 2015
    What's up with the spacebar?
    SuperTrampLostInTranslationDadPitfall69
  • mountebankmountebank Member Posts: 1,237
    edited February 2015
    No one on the forum would give him a BNIB one.
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 992

It seems to have got a little heated.

He was interested in my #10240 which isn't beaten up, but not mint condition (you can see some some shelf wear). Box condition is very subjective but I would be surprised if the box wasn't good enough as a present! Certainly the nephew must be a collector! I'm curious...!

There's one #10240 for sale in my local Argos for £134.99. Obviously I have no idea about the condition but since its from Argos I would imagine it won't be good enough for a collecting nephew.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,647
    'Collecting Nephew' = The new 'Little Timmy'?
    LostInTranslationPitfall69
    edited February 2015
    OMG is this still going on.rofl

1)Nephew is 14
    2)His Mom wanted a BNIB!!!! set
    3)Yes shes fussy but paying £200 shes entitled to be.
    4)And yes condition is subjective.In my opinion ms sanders @10240 was a little too much wear.And for the price he wanted i thought for a little bit more money i could have got a pristine one.
    5)And the only things he collects is well er errr errrrr..................nothing.
    6)His names isnt 'TIMMY'??? lol
    7)As i originally stated i was going to get one from BL but having never used it i thought it would be simpler to buy one off here as i have done on previous occasions and meeting some nice people along the way.

• TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    It's still going on because you're going on with it.

And now so am I.

Damn.
    LostInTranslationPitfall69
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,804
    I have no idea why the OP is being given such a hard time. I thought opinions in a marketplace thread were discouraged.
    DaraghBrickDancer
  • david325david325 Member Posts: 138
    I never comment on Marketplace threads.
    joel4motionTheLoneTensorSuperTrampPhoneboothricho