Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

75021 Republic Gunship

I've wanted this set for awhile and haven't pulled the trigger yet. I know it's sold out at Lego Shops, but Toys R Us still has them. I was hoping they would go on sale recently but it hasn't yet. Right now they are selling them for $159.99 and I would like to pay less than the RRP. Does anyone know how Toys R Us usually does their sales? I don't want to miss it before it goes EOL.

Comments

• ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    I see several on e-bay at much less than 160.
  • natro220natro220 USAMember Posts: 545
    If you have a Lego Store near you, mine (Mall of America) had loads in stock today on clearance for $70.
  • knooseknoose Member Posts: 45
    I only went to one(I have 3) and they didn't have any. I'll have to call and see.
    Chubbles said:

I see several on e-bay at much less than 160.

I also said I would like one less than RRP which is $120.

I saw one for 110
    I'll call my local Lego Stores first before I purchase that. I was hoping for a bigger discount than $10 but $10 is still good!
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,791
    I am sure you are awear that this is now EOL. So frankly unless it is old stock at the local lego store you may want to bite now and buy it. Even though there are no real discounts. This is because when the discounts do happen a lot of people will be fighting over a small amount of stock and it will go fast.
    knoose
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,878
    I think the Gunship is the "Millennium of the prequels", and likely to be re-done again anyways. Hoping that the next version we see, is in the UCS format.
    monkeyhangerBrickDancerRedbullgivesuwindknoose
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    Barnes and Nobel still has them around my area. Saw them yesterday. Did not check a price though.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,642
    @wagnerml2 , good call, they also still have it online at RRP and using the pick-up option you can see what stores around still have them.
    On top of that B&N has a 20/15% coupon this week-end that may work on it (of course dependent to the cashier's mood, alignment of the stars and the moon phase).
    knoosemargot
    B&N does not let you use the 20%/15% coupon towards Lego. I tried it online.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    knoose said:

B&N does not let you use the 20%/15% coupon towards Lego. I tried it online.

yup.

In person it has a great chance of working if the employee is uninformed or apathetic.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 689
    ^ That was always the case at my B & N. I normally don't use the 20% off because it says it excludes "All Lego in the Toy & Games Dept." But I just got my notice to renew for my rewards program and was thinking it wasn't worth it if they're never gonna let me use the coupon. So I went in this weekend and tried it...and the store manager told me they've switched the system now where regular Lego works...(I purchased a Minecraft set) but now it won't work on the Architecture theme. Which was totally the opposite before.
    But again...a lot of it comes down to the manager. Good Luck!
    Well when I am able to go to a B&N or TRU that has them, do think it would be better to try to get TRU to price match shop.lego.com's price or try to use a coupon at B&N?
    http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Republic-Gunship-75021
    lego.com is sold out so i doubt trus will match