Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

LEGO's Replacement Parts Site

Comments

• bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716

I think Tim Johnson at newelementary.com accidentally coined the term apollo stud when he misheard someone say "A hollow stud".

Yes, it was Tim who first coined the term, and it was Pete Reid who he misheard (I was with them at the time), but Pete definitely called it 'a polo' (he'd been calling it that for months previously). Doesn't matter anyway, it's in the 'Lego Lexicon' now :-)

Andorbobabricks
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,500
    What is the next status for Bricks n Pieces orders after "in Warehouse"?
    Will it say "Dispatched" or something?
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,111
    I think it should (much like general [email protected] orders) but they haven't got the best track record for live updates. I seem to remember people taking about pre xmas orders that arrived while still in Warehouse.
    LostInTranslation
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,515
    It just goes from In Warehouse to Complete. It said In Warehouse for me even after the dispatch email came.
    LostInTranslation
    Thanks guys!
    Andor
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 784
    edited February 2015
    My Wednesday order has just shipped. Shouldn't be long, @LostInTranslation.
    Oooh thanks @maniac ! Mine is marked as shipped too.

Looks like they didn't remove all the Superheroes minifig parts I ordered too - extra Hawkman, Arrow and Cyborg on their way hurray!

Oooh thanks @maniac ! Mine is marked as shipped too.

Looks like they didn't remove all the Superheroes minifig parts I ordered too - extra Hawkman, Arrow and Cyborg on their way hurray!

That's something I missed. May have to put in another order...
    I got on there a bit late for most of the superheroes, but I have ordered a load of fleshy heads and a few extra banana sellers so I can put together a Bluth's Frozen Banana stand with a Maybe and George Michael...also need to put together a segway for GOB...

this may have been a mistake...
    Sethro3
    Checking the inventory for #76028 the parts for the three I said are still there...
    Also you can get almost all the minifig parts for #76025.
    unfortunately the main one I wanted from the superheroes was a Black Manta - I did manage to get the shark's body, which means if the BM parts come back into stock it'll be worth doing, they're the only things I really want from that set.
    Other than that I wanted a mix of fleshy parts, unfortunately a lot that are without masks, like Superman are sold out :-( I did order some Cyborg and some Star Wars heads though.
    I think I'll probably pick up a #76025 at some point so decided against ordering any of them, really don't need to make whole GL corp right now.

It's definitely worth keeping an eye on the stock though if they don't take them off...I really hope I can pick up a Black Manta this way to sort of prove the point that the set isn't worth the ridiculous mark up that they are charging the UK market.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 656
    Man, you guys lucked out. I'm not seeing any of this stuff available through the US system.
    I got all of the new pirate torsos in an order today, saves buying the sets! The soldier torsos are wonderful, as is the light blue female torso / legs. The castaway with fish torso is nice too. The one that is not so great is the green pirate one, the white print is really quite poor so that the white stripes are actually light green. The other pirate ones are good modern updates of the more classic torsos.
    Andoriso3200
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,034
    Agghhhhh - you people and your constant source of good info! Now I've had to place another order too ;-)
    bobabricks
  • blarghiflarghblarghiflargh Member Posts: 99
    Man I wish the sea green masonry bricks would come in stock in the US...
  • cheekymunk3ycheekymunk3y Manchester, UKMember Posts: 108
    How do you find the super heroes parts or have they taken them off now?
  • GuroooGurooo Member Posts: 268
    Just made my first order. Enjoyed the hunt, I think I will be back there soon.

Like I need another LEGO site to monitor... ;)
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    Order placed on 28th arrived today (4th). Fastest ever turnaround for bricks n pieces. Very satisfied.
  • korkor Member Posts: 392
    I placed 2 separate orders on the 2nd and had an email early this morning that they had both shipped. No tracking info though. I made 2 more orders today so Hopefully they will ship out in a day or two.
    Andor
  • Pate5346Pate5346 Member Posts: 734
    ^ I shouldn't have looked & browsed that.
  • LockeLocke Member Posts: 10
    For the experts here, is there an easy way to browse the heads that are available, or is it best to go set by set? Thanks for the help.
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 613
    Its easier to browse here on Brickset. Brickset lists the element IDs, and you can copy that number right into the replacement parts search on Lego to check availability and price.

Here's a simple search: http://brickset.com/parts?query=mini head
    Andor
    edited February 2015
    Getting very grumpy my order (placed on 28th Jan like Kevin Hyatt) hasn't arrived yet. I know it hasn't been long yet but I'd got my hopes up it would arrive (at my work) by the weekend :-(

Getting very grumpy my order (placed on 28th Jan like Kevin Hyatt) hasn't arrived yet. I know it hasn't been long yet but I'd got my hopes up it would arrive (at my work) by the weekend :-(

Mines not here yet either with same date. I think it will be tomorrow or Monday.
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,034
    My order from the 27th turned up yesterday, and my second order from the 29th turned up today. Might be worth popping in to the office tomorrow morning to do some "overtime" Lucy ;-)
    Boooooooooo to @iso2000!!

No new parts for me to play with this weekend :-((
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    It took about 1 week for my parts to get to me. I ordered them last Thursday late in the day and I received them yesterday. I placed another order last Saturday, so we will see when those arrive.
    Still no parts for me!! :''((

Boooooooooooo. Hope you get them soon!
    AndorLostInTranslation

Same. Think we've pulled the short straw!
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    Maybe some of us just had simple orders? Mine was just a 200 bag of coupling plates.
    I'm sure your orders will turn up soon.
    The order shipped last Monday so it's not the complexity of the order. Just slow postal services!

At least we both know we're not the only one waiting impatiently @maniac!

The order shipped last Monday so it's not the complexity of the order. Just slow postal services!

At least we both know we're not the only one waiting impatiently @maniac!

I'm more concerned it's Yodel. Had some fold up chairs delivered the other day and someone had carefully opened the box presumably to see if they were worth nabbing. Everything was still intact though.
    Finally got my parts! See pic.

But Lego shorted me 10 dk red masonry bricks! :-((
    Sent them a message but now it's OOS. Really would like the parts rather than a refund....

ShibAndorPurplorosLego_StarBumblepants
    @LostInTranslation is that blue hair piece at the front from an agents set?
    Yes it is. And the pink one!
    I recognised the pink and was about to ask where the blue one was from and it hit me that I'd seen it. I'll have to remember those if I place another order at some point, could be useful for some 80s builds.
    bobabricks

Finally got my parts! ...

Yodel trolled me today. Van turned up but it was just a VM Tivo box. Argh.
    LostInTranslation
    Whilst I was out, it came on a different Yodel van?! Part 1 is here anyhow!
    :)
    Kevin_HyattLostInTranslation
    Hurray! Glad you got 'em @maniac!
    maniac
    My order placed around 3rd feb arrived today, much smaller order than either of those two above. One mistake, i seem to have a Storm Trooper torso instead of a different Star wars one.
    LostInTranslation
  • MilseyMilsey UKMember Posts: 48
    After @LostInTranslation 's tip off last week I ordered a couple of bits as I couldn't justify buying the sets for one or two figs I liked. It arrived today but minus the Green Lantern torso!
    LostInTranslation
    Interesting new part ...

Gives a nicer 6 diameter circular shape than the existing 3x3 plate with rounded corner.
    Aanchirsidersdd
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,791
    CCC said:

Interesting new part ...

https://a248.e.akamai.net/cache.lego.com/media/bricks/5/2/6096108.jpg

Gives a nicer 6 diameter circular shape than the existing 3x3 plate with rounded corner.

Yep, my brother was really excited for that part! He's often building things where parts with that kind of radius would be useful.
    Andor
  • GuroooGurooo Member Posts: 268
    Woohoo, just received my stuff. Only one cheap wig missing. I don't mind - it's a great excuse to place another order :P
    LostInTranslation
  • korkor Member Posts: 392
    I had 2 orders that shipped on the 4th and 2 that shipped on the 5th. Still nothing. They must be coming via pony express!
    Andor
    Just had a mail that Lego are sending me my missing 10 dk red masonry bricks, rather than giving me a refund, hurray!
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,256
    Yeah. I'm guessing many parts I want are going to be perpetually out of stock online and will need to call in for them to see if they are in stock but the system had not caught up yet, as too many people are now ordering brick and parts it seems.
    Also curious as to how it seems licensed parts are available for some that order, but not all that order.
  • blarghiflarghblarghiflargh Member Posts: 99
    Got my dark red masonry bricks earlier this week. Anyone else notice they seem really glossy? I compared to other colors of the masonry bricks and they seem shinier to me.
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 928
    I received the first part of a large order I made on the 2nd Feb today, and it's missing 7 radio handles (part 6190), but oddly it also included 6 parts that I hadn't ordered!

A couple were just extras, but it also included a random minifigure torso and a large bright green plate... they did look very odd amongst all of the other UCS Falcon parts that I'd ordered!

If anyone is missing them please PM me!! Ah well, I'll wait for the rest of it to turn up and see what else I'm missing.