Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Old North Church instructions

mrbradfordmrbradford Fort Worth, Texas, USAMember Posts: 45
Does anyone have copy of the Old North Church mini-build instructions from last year's LEGO Americana Roadshow? Here is the only picture I have found of it online but it's too small to make out too well. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B043cM5CYAAPLgC.jpg - thanks in advance for any assistance!

Comments

• prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,878
    A church from LEGO? I about fell off my chair!
  • mrbradfordmrbradford Fort Worth, Texas, USAMember Posts: 45
    Yes, one of a handful of official church models :) If your screenname is for Paul Revere, the Old North Church is famous for being used by him.

http://oldnorth.com/history-architecture/the-events-of-april-18-1775/
  • LegoKipLegoKip A cottage by the sea, California, US Member Posts: 259
    I would like to build this church too (and @prevere 's response made me laugh. Sorry, you didn't hurt yourself, did you?)
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,878
    Caught myself just in time.

However, I did unearth some additional images, including partial instructions from a completed eBay listing for this. I scraped Google, but can't find anything else on it.
    LegoKipicey117Farmer_John
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    I found some other images - not as clear as what you found. A nice distraction this afternoon - I built a version with tan for some of the parts as I don't have some of the dark tan bricks. Fun.
    Farmer_John
    And look at the model for 2015:
  • koozkooz Connecticut, USAMember Posts: 158
    What is this event? I've never heard of it before. Any info on where it's happening? I assume DC?
    There's a list of cities - the notice I posted is for the Glendale, CA mall where there is a Lego Brand Store. Other cities and the dates are:

Feb 7-22 Glendale Galleria (Glendale, CA)
    March 7-22 Fashion Place (Murray, UT)
    April 11-26 Park Meadows (Lone Tree, CO)
    May 23-June 7 Stonebriar Centre (Frisco, TX)
    June 13-28 Mayfair Mall (Wauwatosa, WI)
    July 4-19 Kenwood Towne Centre (Cincinnati, OH)
    Aug 22-Sept 7 Riverchase Galleria (Birmingham, AL)
    Sept 19-Oct 4 North Point Mall (Alpharetta, GA)
    Oct 17-Nov 1 Christiana Mall (Newark, DE)
    cmrt1014 said:

And look at the model for 2015:

Very nice. Stupid question Lego. Why limit these nifty sets to obscure events like this? Why not at least offer a poly to, oh say, the tens of thousands of others with historical interest.
    icey117Andor
  • jennb823jennb823 Member Posts: 6
    So many familiar faces on this thread. :) Does anyone have a link to the instructions to the Supreme Court building from 3/14 to 3/15?
    According to this ebay auction, no official instructions exist for the US Capitol (not supreme court) build from this year's monuments roadshow. Looks fairly easy to figure out what pieces are needed to build it though. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-US-Capitol-Building-Micro-Build-Parts-Instructions-Monuments-Roadshow-/151602111918?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item234c30a5ae

edited March 2015
    There are some notes about a Lincoln Memorial as well, upcoming!  I'd like to see the Supreme Court instructions as well - if anyone has/finds them!  Thanks.

jennb823
  • haakonohaakono Member Posts: 62
    edited March 2015
    We happened to be visiting SLC on the weekend of the build, and managed to see the show.  The models are pretty impressive, and I recommend going if the show comes close to your town.

Here are the instructions for the supreme court.  Happy Building.
    prevereoldtodd33jennb823Farmer_Johncmrt1014
    Thank you!!!  Thank you, very much!
    Thank you haakono!
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,870
    Looks like Constructibles posted the other two. Woohoo!

LMR_Capitol_Building.pdf
    LMR_Old_North_Church.pdf
    prevere
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    We are still looking for the original Old North Church copy if anyone managed to get one.  Also, next month is the Lincoln Memorial in Lone Tree, Colorado, so hopefully there is a local Bricksetter there that can get a copy!
    prevere
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,447
    @DadsAFOL  What date next month?
    Build and take home your own mini version of a LEGO Lincoln Memorial model for free!
    Saturday April 18 and Sunday April 19th Noon - 4:00pm  Macy's Court
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,447
    @cmrt1014  Thanks. Maybe I'll take the kids but I hate going to that mall. 
    edited April 2015
    @oldtodd33 - Did you end up going?  Instructions? Anyone?

Thx.
    jennb823
    So, in Texas, the free build is a micro Statue of Liberty.  See image (this is the only size I've been able to find).  Any ideas what the pieces are to make the flame?  I think I see a cone, a 3L bar, and a round plate with the swirled top.  But what's in between?  or is it some other piece altogether?

• 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,440
    I bet it's hollow and not solid.

cmrt1014 said:
    So, in Texas, the free build is a micro Statue of Liberty.  See image (this is the only size I've been able to find).  Any ideas what the pieces are to make the flame?  I think I see a cone, a 3L bar, and a round plate with the swirled top.  But what's in between?  or is it some other piece altogether?

The piece between the cone and the cupcake is a telescope.  Are you sure this is a legit picture though?  I tried a reverse image search and Google couldn't find where its posted (it thought is was a microscope, which was amusing).  The reason I ask is because the statue in the picture looks white, but the telescope has never been made in white.  It has been made in sand green, so I would be surprised if they picked white over sand green parts for the model.

Fortunately the next tour stop is in Texas, and I've got friends there so I think we'll be able to get the official instructions scanned for this one.
    Jason,  thanks for the comments.  I had been thinking telescope as well (lbg, I think), but the donut- y shaped piece in the middle was throwing me off.  I found the image on the mall events page for the roadshow.  It seems to be in progress, as initially, it was the same as Colorado. 

http://www.shopstonebriar.com/lego

Did you ever find the Lincoln memorial instructions?
    DadsAFOL said:
    The piece between the cone and the cupcake is a telescope.  Are you sure this is a legit picture though?  I tried a reverse image search and Google couldn't find where its posted (it thought is was a microscope, which was amusing).  The reason I ask is because the statue in the picture looks white, but the telescope has never been made in white.  It has been made in sand green, so I would be surprised if they picked white over sand green parts for the model.

Fortunately the next tour stop is in Texas, and I've got friends there so I think we'll be able to get the official instructions scanned for this one.
    Jason,

I saw the link for the Lincoln Memorial instructions on your website, but it's not linking to anything right now.

Thank you so much for providing a site for this kind of information and instructions.  I never say that enough!
    I need to upload it from my other computer, check back in a few hours.  They are recreated not original though.  I think that in later months of the tour, they will cycle back through the models so hopefully there will be another chance to get the originals.
  • jennb823jennb823 Member Posts: 6
    Could it be one of those "That Dress" issues where the statue looks white to some and light bluish grey to others? I found that BL's part http://img.bricklink.com/P/88/970c86.gif looked white and gold to me, but sadly was light bluish grey and reddish brown... Though I used it anyway! ;)
    edited May 2015
    Attached are the instructions for the Statue of Liberty build at Frisco, Texas today. Colors are mostly dark tan and light bluish gray. 
    cmrt1014
    Attached are the instructions for the Statue of Liberty build at Frisco, Texas today. Colors are mostly dark tan and light bluish gray. 
    Sorry, I guess the upload didn't work. I reduced the PDF size - it's still legible but not the best resolution, sorry!
    cmrt1014klatu003khmellymelprevereFarmer_Johnjennb823
    And the tour is on to Wisconsin next weekend:

dannyrww
    Did anyone make this build today? Or planning to go tomorrow? Thanks
    In Ohio, the make and take (July 11-12) will be ... The Washington Monument .

Still searching  for the instructions/part list for the Jefferson Memorial.  Anyone?

• dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,340
    cmrt1014 said:
    Did anyone make this build today? Or planning to go tomorrow? Thanks
    I was able to do the Jefferson Memorial Build. I can scan but my wife's computer is down and I can't scan to my chromebook though :(
    cmrt1014
    I'll give it a try though.
    cmrt1014
    I'm scanning now...have it soon.... btw this is the only build I've been too where they MADE the adults build too...it was fun

cmrt1014
    and here is the second page http://postimg.org/image/akq6ndlmz/
    cmrt1014prevere
    @dannyrww - Thank you so much!  May you please answer a question about the parts?  What color is "Jefferson" ? Light bluish gray?
    light grey....same color for the flat one stud tile and the plate on the bottom.

cmrt1014
    Thanks.  On the scanned instructions, there for a minute it looked sand green - which I couldn't imagine them doing, but...  Thanks again!
    Wait - the 6 x 6 plate on the bottom isn't white?  Is the 6 x 6 plate on top white? (That's what it looks like in the instructions.)
    Sorry the plate on the bottom is white. The flat square (2 by 2) with the one stud on top is light grey. The statue and the  1 stud flat are also light grey. Everything else is white (well minus the green on the bottom).
    cmrt1014
    The only ones that are light grey are the three in th far right column in the list of parts (hope that helps)
    cmrt1014
    Thanks.  That's what I thought I saw.  The white 6 x 6 round plate is a new color for that part.  I've had to substitute to build mine.  I'm watching for it to come out in another set.
    Not the worst piece to sub out. I tried to build the capital and oddly I only have that dome piece for the top in light green
    I'd love to build all of these as I am a history teacher...might have to brick link or buy from Lego
    cmrt1014
    I have been building them as they are announced - well, I didn't know about the Old North Church until @mrbradford started this thread.  They do look quite nice as a collection.  Easily identifiable, even at such a small scale.  Can't wait to see the remaining three.

Did you know that @DadsAFOL is selling part sets of these on his website?  (No affiliation, except as a customer of his BL store,  and he doesn't pay me for the promotion!?!)
    @dannyrww You can see which models we have at www.constructibles.net.   We also host all the instruction scans if you just want to build your own.   
    edited June 2015
    Love this photo "of the show":

"Mayfair mall was a lot smaller than I remember it"
    dannyrwwkhmellymeljennb823