Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Summer Superhero Sets

PurplorosPurploros USAMember Posts: 82
edited January 2015 in Collecting
From Brick Fanatic's coverage of the London Toy Fair:

"Now Marvel and DC news, starting with Marvel, Avengers Age of Ultron shown, been leaked before. Iron Man minifig fits in Hulkbuster.

76036 Carnage vs Spider-Man (comes with Miles Morales)
7603? Sandman Ambush (Spider-Man, Iron Spider, Sandman and Rhino minifig fits in brick built Rhino)
Plus 1 x Ant Man set, £19.99 not shown

DC has two sets for Summer

76035 Jokerland £89.99 (Bigger and better than Joker’s Funhouse. Brick built joker face at the top, Vine tower ride thing, Wheel of ducks, Keaton-style Batmobile, Zip wire, Comes with Starfire, Beast Boy, Robin, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Penguin, Joker, Batman)
76034 Batboat Harbor Pursuit (Batman, Robin (new print) and Deathstroke)"
monkey_roovwong19CCCGothamConstructionCocarlqLostInTranslationlegomattchuckpVBaskin2008

Comments

• johnhenzjohnhenz Sunderland, EnglandMember Posts: 98
    No news on the helicarrier though :(
    Still, plenty to be excited about
    VBaskin2008
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,287
    Suddenly I'm a lot more interested in the Jokerland set than I was before!
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,312

Harley Quinn,
    Poison Ivy,
    Penguin,
    Joker

It'll be interesting to see if they are new prints or old. I assume Joker will be the now fairly standard one. We've had two Penguins recently, I'd love a purple top hat version. I'm hoping for updated Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy, like they did recently for Wonder Woman.
    VBaskin2008
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    edited January 2015
    The figure lineup for the Joker set sounds very good for a set at that price point and without any of the usual filler of 'guard' or 'goon' either! :smile:
    VBaskin2008
  • black_towrblack_towr MinnesotaMember Posts: 165
    These sets sound awesome but I'm really interested on Jokerland.
    VBaskin2008
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,157
    With the inclusion of Robin, Starfire, and Beast Boy in the Jokerland set is there any hope of getting a set with Cyborg and Raven?
    VBaskin2008
  • epyon396epyon396 Member Posts: 268
    ^ considering we got a set with Cyborg three weeks ago, I wouldn't count on it.
    VBaskin2008
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,157
    My fault for missing that one. I haven't been following the Superheroes sets much as I just haven't liked the look of most of them.
    VBaskin2008
  • blarghiflarghblarghiflargh Member Posts: 99
    I wonder if Poison Ivy will be the green skinned version.
    BumblepantsVBaskin2008
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,547
    I am already impatient to get a Deathstroke minifig!
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,547
    edited January 2015
    So impatient I double posted :-)
    carlqBrickDancerGothamConstructionCochuckpVBaskin2008
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    I wonder what this means I need to do with my still in the box Funhouse Escape...
    VBaskin2008
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,157
    ^keep it because it will all look awesome together? That is my plan
    VBaskin2008

^keep it because it will all look awesome together? That is my plan

Yeah, but if I could finance the Jokerland set by selling the Funhouse Escape, that might be a good way to go, too. (I'm not a reseller by any means; I just have a single set and haven't gotten around to building it)
    VBaskin2008
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2015/01/avengers-age-ultron-lego-sets-reveal-potential-plot-details.html

my apologies if this was posted anywhere else...I couldnt find it. Here are blurbs describing the new Ultron sets to go along with the images already posted here and there.
    VBaskin2008
  • crazycarlcrazycarl USAMember Posts: 392
    ^^^^AWESOME!!!! Love the Avengers tower and hulkbuster!!!
    VBaskin2008
  • PurplorosPurploros USAMember Posts: 82
    edited January 2015
    According to a Eurobricks member who was at the Toy Fair, the Carnage set includes a shield agent and Batman from the Jokerland set has boot printing.
    VBaskin2008
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    Awww... no retro 60's love. Dang!
    I was hoping for a series of sets (or one big one) inspired by the 60's TV series, as seen in some of the video game promo images.
    I really thought we were going to get some retro 60's fun, what with the legal problems having been sorted with the home video market, and the recent comic-con teaser set.

76035 Jokerland £89.99 (Bigger and better than Joker’s Funhouse. Brick built joker face at the top, Vine tower ride thing, Wheel of ducks, Keaton-style Batmobile, Zip wire, Comes with Starfire, Beast Boy, Robin, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Penguin, Joker, Batman)

So this i probably all I'm interested in here, especially if it can incorporate the Funhouse set in some manner, though must admit to finding the inclusion of Penguin & Ivy a bit disappointing, particularly Penguin, as he's available in a £10 set even now.

New costumes would be interesting, of course, but i'd much prefer to see new characters (or characters not available in the current run), such as Killer Croc for example.
    VBaskin2008
    legomatt said:

New costumes would be interesting, of course, but i'd much prefer to see new characters (or characters not available in the current run), such as Killer Croc for example.

Yeah, having Commissioner Gordon or Alfred in that Jokerland set would've been nice. It would be a nice nod to either Killing Joke or Death of the Family in the comics, but I guess we'll miss out on both of them this time as Alfred remains one of the main pieces missing from the Bat-family in this new series of Batman sets.
    VBaskin2008
    Gordon was fairly recent, wasn't he, in the Bane set.
    VBaskin2008
    CCC said:

Gordon was fairly recent, wasn't he, in the Bane set.

Yes, but he's in swat gear, not his commissioner get-up, which is how he most commonly appears.
    VBaskin2008
  • RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248
    Both of the DC sets sound like good ones to buy figure-less, or buy and sell off the figures. If the builds are interesting, that is. Shame that there was nothing to tell about the Batboat set, besides the figure lineup. Unfortunately, that's what we've reduced the LEGO world to.
    VBaskin2008
  • ccjwprongsccjwprongs UKMember Posts: 87
    ^It's a small, two-man boat, much in the style you'd expect, for the heroes. Don't remember what Deathstroke is supposed to have.
    RomanticWarriorVBaskin2008
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,282
    ^ I believe Deathstroke was riding a jetski and towing a safe.
    RomanticWarriorVBaskin2008
    Damn, that sounds like a generic City cops and robbers set up, disappointing use of the greatest tactitian in the DC universe. Still getting Deathstroke in a cheap set will be good.
    VBaskin2008
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    The Jokerland set sounds awesome. Now if we could only get a Raven. I agree with @Shib, Deathstroke in a cheap set is great. I wonder if the Robin could be Red Robin(Tim Drake) New 52 style?
    VBaskin2008
  • sstoroesstoroe Member Posts: 156
    I made a list of all of the about 80 new minifigures from the upcoming sets. I also added a link at the top to the pics of the summer DC and spiderman sets. See here.
    http://www.minifigpriceguide.com/Unreleased-and-Prototype-Lego-Minifigures.html
    I t has the DC, Marvel and Star Wars figures all by set type.
    VBaskin2008chuckp
    What are the chances, do y'all think, that the Harley in this new set will be a variant? I'm going back and forth on picking up the Funhouse one, but I don't want to be stuck with multiples (even though, I guess, both would only be available in bigger, more expensive sets).
    VBaskin2008
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055

What are the chances, do y'all think, that the Harley in this new set will be a variant? I'm going back and forth on picking up the Funhouse one, but I don't want to be stuck with multiples (even though, I guess, both would only be available in bigger, more expensive sets).

Nobody can answer for sure yet, but I think the chances are pretty good. The Zombie Cheerleader's hairpiece that we got a sneak peak of is dead on for New 52 / Arkham Asylum Harley.

Just a thought, but why not just pick up the funhouse in it's entirety? I saw prelims of Jokerland and I think the funhouse will compliment it well.
    VBaskin2008
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181

Bet on it :D
    VBaskin2008
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734

What are the chances, do y'all think, that the Harley in this new set will be a variant?

It depends what you mean by variant. The chance that the new one is exactly the same as the one in Funhouse Escape is pretty close to zero, in my opinion.
    VBaskin2008
  • kyrotekkyrotek Southampton, UKMember Posts: 212
    Quite fancy the Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape set but can't justify the current prices in the UK when US prices for it are still so low ($50-$60 against £70-£80 or more). The new set sounds fantastic so hopefully its not too much of a let down when its only a few bricks and relies on the mass of cool minifigures
    LegoTTVBaskin2008
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    looking forward Jokerland
    johnhenzLostInTranslationVBaskin2008
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,630
    edited January 2015
    I've seen the LEGO Super Heroes Summer 2015 sets, to be honest they look boring but they are not for AFOL's they are for kids.

-The Jokerland set looks like a LEGO Dulpo set (No it's not, it LOOKS like it)

-The Spider-Man sets look worse than the previous 'Ultimate Spider-Man' sets, the Rhino...Uhh.

I really hope it's not the same case with the Ant-Man set.
    VBaskin2008
    Adzbadboy said:

Hm. I see what you mean but don't agree. It uses a lot of large pieces and different colors but #6857 Funhouse Escape did the same. Almost all of the Super Heroes sets (Batman-related, at least) are focused on play features, so it's no surprise this one follows. The brick-built Joker head is something AFOLs will appreciate, and the minifigure lineup is sure to appeal to AFOLs.
    VBaskin2008
    kyrotek said:

Quite fancy the Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape set but can't justify the current prices in the UK when US prices for it are still so low ($50-$60 against £70-£80 or more). The new set sounds fantastic so hopefully its not too much of a let down when its only a few bricks and relies on the mass of cool minifigures

Remember it has been EOL in the UK for ages, whereas it has been in stock and often on sale in the US for just as long. It'll take a while for the US price to get close to the UK one.
    VBaskin2008
    Adzbadboy said:

I've seen the LEGO Super Heroes Summer 2015 sets, to be honest they look boring but they are not for AFOL's they are for kids.

-The Spider-Man sets look worse than the previous 'Ultimate Spider-Man' sets, the Rhino...Uhh.

I really hope it's not the same case with the Ant-Man set.

Bummer. That's unsettling to hear. Will we see images come out of this week's toyfair?
    VBaskin2008
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,381
    Without full images we don't really know, that is, those of us not at the various fairs. Images should be along soon enough, but even then until you see something in the brick you can never be too sure, but decent images will help.

I think the Jokerland should have a bit of colour and be a bit 'whacky', it is the Jokers place after all. My hope is we get proper New 52 versions of the figures, Harley for one and the Robin really needs to be a Tim Drake Red Robin to complete the set (If you assume the Robin In 76013 is a Damian and we have a Nightwing/Dick Grason in 76011). I would love to see a Jason Todd/Red Hood but to be honest I really don't think that will happen anytime soon.

I think the Spider sets are going to be aimed at the Shows target audience so I expect good figures but simpler builds with a lot of play in them, exactly what they should be.

Besides, before we worry about the summer sets we have a HeliCarrier to salivate over :)
    johnhenzVBaskin2008

Without full images we don't really know, that is, those of us not at the various fairs. Images should be along soon enough, but even then until you see something in the brick you can never be too sure, but decent images will help.

The preliminary images are out there, but of course I'm not going to link to or post them here. That's what my comments were based on. Aside from the minifigures, the preliminary images have been pretty representative of the final product, so I think it's safe to say Jokerland will have quite a bit of color and look a bit wacky (in a good way).

VBaskin2008
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    edited January 2015
    I'm actually disappointed if that picture is the actual set of Jokerland.

I not sure what I was expecting but I'm not keen on the colours at all, I would have preferred it along the same lines has the funhouse. No purple or dark pieces in a joker set is just wrong.

It does indeed look like duplo.
    VBaskin2008
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^Jokerland does have purple pieces in it. But in order is Yellow, Green, White, Red, Purple, with a touch of Blue.

As to how the Funhouse compares to Jokerland, they do not compete in terms of build. Meaning it is not redundant to have both the Funhouse and the Jokerland. In fact, it would look a bit lacking without both together as one set piece. The rollercoaster is a big missing attraction of any such Carnival.

But as for the minifigs, I hope the prelim pics are temporary and end up changing. Because as far as I can tell (very bad resolution thumbnail pics) that it may be the same Joker, Harley, Ivy, Penguin and Robin.
    VBaskin2008
    Any links to pictures? I could only find a couple of tiny watermarked ones that were too pixilated to make much from them.
    VBaskin2008
    Is White Tiger in any of the ultimate spiderman sets?
    VBaskin2008
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    I can see what people are saying about the set. It doesn't look to have that same dark feel to it that we might expect from Batman, but I suppose the Joker is a colourful and 'fun' character on the surface, so the array of colours does lend itself to that. Like most though I think I'll be getting it for the figures and I cant see any way that the final version wont have new print variants. It would be mad for Lego not to.
    VBaskin2008
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648
    Jokerland looks fun for the kids, but the super cartoony feel and lack of new versions of characters makes me not want to buy this set. The Spiderman sets look okay, especially the smaller one including Carnage. These will be nice at least for the minifigures.
    VBaskin2008
  • epyon396epyon396 Member Posts: 268
    johnhenz said:

Is White Tiger in any of the ultimate spiderman sets?

Negative.
    I keep seeing this question and didn't realize she was so popular.
    VBaskin2008
    @epyon396‌ I just need her to complete the collection
    VBaskin2008
  • EddieDoesntMindEddieDoesntMind Member Posts: 329
    johnhenz said:

@epyon396‌ I just need her to complete the collection

Yeah, a lot of people want to complete the group. We already have Iron Fist, Nova, and Power Man. She's the only one missing from the team!
    VBaskin2008
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    edited February 2015
    Ha! Harley and Carnage. Wish granted. I'm good. See yah!
    VBaskin2008
  • wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 394
    binaryeye said:

Adzbadboy said:

Hm. I see what you mean but don't agree. It uses a lot of large pieces and different colors but #6857 Funhouse Escape did the same. Almost all of the Super Heroes sets (Batman-related, at least) are focused on play features, so it's no surprise this one follows. The brick-built Joker head is something AFOLs will appreciate, and the minifigure lineup is sure to appeal to AFOLs.
    I'm feeling most let down by the Ferris wheel. I was expecting something...more. It looks like all the effort went into designing the Batmobile and that the namesake elements of the set were just thrown together. Even the brick built Joker is indistinguishable from a random clown. My excitement to buy one of these the moment I saw it just went to "hope the Minifigs will be available on the secondary market for a decent price..."
    VBaskin2008