Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

10215 UCS Obi-Wan Starfighter will be Amazon lightning deal at 4:00 EST today (12/15)

avoiceoreasonavoiceoreason Member Posts: 224
edited December 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
Let's see if they can even give them away!

I think the discount will need to be 50%+ to move these things. Given it is already 20% off at Amazon, we just may get there.

Comments

• LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Ehh, I suspect these will be 50% off at [email protected] on Dec 26th.
  • avoiceoreasonavoiceoreason Member Posts: 224
    ^^ Well, if you plan on buying them then why wait? You may as well pick them up now if they are 50% off, no tax and free shipping. We'll have to wait to see how low the discount goes though.
    Well first, Amazon is only going to let you buy one of them on the Lighting Deal.

Second, Amazon tends to destroy things in shipment.

Third, I like VIP points. :)

Finally, I am not sure I want to buy a bunch of that set, even at 50% off. It was 25% off last Christmas, again this year for Brick Friday, and still they don't sell.

It may be another Home One.
    edited December 2011
    Well, for anyone interested they are 50% off.

Will be interesting to see how fast/if they actually go.

Re: Amazon, I've actually had pretty good luck with their shipping. Certainly better than Target or TRU anyway. And 6% sales tax savings is better for me than 5% VIP point bonus. And unless you're buying for re-sale, you only need one ;)
  • DavidRod8DavidRod8 Member Posts: 143
    Deal is live... 22% claimed...
    50 bucks including shipping and tax seems like a good deal
  • adello25adello25 U.S.A.Member Posts: 361
    Got it! =)
    Yep, they finally got me to bite on this set too. One on its way.

And given the empty shelves at my local Lego store, I'm not counting on a great after-Xmas sale this year.
    My local Lego store still has it for 75 (25%) off... Saw the box, not crazy about it... But I figure I can't go wrong at this price
    Oh fine, I bought one... :)
    David, no if you are buying for yourself, this is a great price.
    Lft! I wonder how long you'll last.... :)
  • cbaker1974cbaker1974 Member Posts: 150
    I'd say this is not a bad price if you are buying for yourself...and probably a "fair price". There's just not a lot of wow here, feels like something I could have made myself, which is not what I expect for a 10xxx numbered/UCS set.

@LegoFanTexas this from an investor's standpoint this feels like another UCS General Grievous situation
  • BTHodgemanBTHodgeman Member Posts: 622
    edited December 2011
    Wish I liked Star Wars stuff.

They should do the Log Cabin at 50% off. I'd buy many ;)

OT - sorry.

Brent
    Half an hour in and over 50% claimed. Moving faster than I thought they would.
    Yes, but they aren't 100% claimed in 5 minutes, that tells you that this is just a "good" price, not an "amazing" price.

The sad thing is, I like UCS General Grievous, I display it proudly! :)

Then again, it would have been a terrible investment set, so go figure...
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    ^ The price is better than simply "good", but the real problem is the set isn't. I concur, with how quickly (read: instantaneous) the previous LEGO lightning deals have gone, it's really damning that this set at 50% off never went fully claimed.
    Had the set been 50% bigger and a part count of over 1,000, for the same price, and it might have done better. Similar in size to Darth Vader's UCS Tie Fighter.

This one is noticeably smaller.

For $50, is a good deal, but not better than that in my opinion. For $25, that would be GREAT! :)

HA!
    Edit: Yea, it is very damming that it didn't sell out at 50% off, that tells me it is going away and will be 50% off at [email protected] on Dec 26th.

Still probably not worth buying, even at that price, for investment. :(
  • BTHodgemanBTHodgeman Member Posts: 622
    Does that set even include a minifig? None of the pics on Amazon showed any.

Brent
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    The sad thing is, I like UCS General Grievous, I display it proudly! :)

Then again, it would have been a terrible investment set, so go figure...
    Yes, that was an underrated set. I got it when it was on clearance. It actually has a pretty decent part selection, which is why I wanted it. And then when I built it, I didn't understand why people didn't like it so much. It's very slick.