Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

CMF series 14 / Halloween Monsters

Comments

• matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648
    I really hope it's a newspaper with something along the lines of "Zombie Outbreak" as a headline. That would just be like icing on the cake at this point.
    sidersddKevin_Hyattcarlq
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,356
    ^Yes it would.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,546
    edited January 2015
    Re: Despicable Me minion. Yes, that was my first impression from the scientist fig too - it's the way the goggles work on the elongated head. Also agree with new HarleyQuin hair piece, and 60's catwoman possibilities. *crosses fingers for a Batman'66 series of sets*

Venus fly trap, beehive/bouffant hairdo's... makes a Little Shop of Horrors scene so much easier to do justice to as well.
    carlq
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,180
    edited January 2015
    Awesome! They made Johnny from the Karate Kid and put him in his skeleton Halloween costume.

(Here kitty, kitty...)
    AllBrick
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Cobra Kai!
    Legopassion8Jonn420AllBrick
    ^This guy knows what I'm talking bout!
    BrickDancer
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    ^ Yeah the skeleton fig is the best around. Nothing's ever gonna keep it down!
    Pitfall69AllBrick
  • legomasonlegomason Member Posts: 190
    Does anyone think there will be a second haunted house coming out soon? Seems weird that they discontinued the first one before these came out?
    ^yep. Scooby Scooby Doo. Where are you?
    matticus_bricks
  • Jonn420Jonn420 Member Posts: 267
    Please be a Zombie Clown.....Please be a Zombie Clown....Please be a Zombie Clown
    sidersddmatticus_bricksPitfall69BlueTacoLegoKipcarlqRonyar
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648
    Jonn420 said:

Please be a Zombie Clown.....Please be a Zombie Clown....Please be a Zombie Clown

Or Twisty The Clown from American Horror Story.
    Pitfall69wardm

Jonn420 said:

Or Twisty The Clown from American Horror Story.
    Oh, I do love "Twisty"

matticus_bricks
  • BrandonCarpenterBrandonCarpenter Member Posts: 88
    The mad doctor's head reminds me of Ki Adi Mundi.
    wardm
  • T_LarsT_Lars USAMember Posts: 104
    Why'd they have to go and use the Monster Fighters werewolf head? I much prefer the original CMF werewolf to this version. Way too big of a head for a minifig body, its as if they had some left over Fabuland wolf heads that they somehow stuck on a minifig just to get rid of inventory. It just doesn't look right to me.
    oldtodd33binaryeye
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    These look..blah.

I'll probably pick some up, but I'm not dying for these. CMF has been on a downhill course for a while, but I keep buying them. And the price keeps going up. I guess that says something about my intelligence.

As it stands, the tiger girl is great.

But I made the mistake of showing my wife and daughter and they both loved all of them, so I'll probably end up getting them. (my daughter is a Halloween baby)

Also, I would LOVE '60s batman figures.
  • KleiovousKleiovous UKMember Posts: 95
    Can't help but think Lego have miss-judged this series, they all just look a bit weird.
    kooz
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    I want them all
    T_Lars said:

Why'd they have to go and use the Monster Fighters werewolf head? I much prefer the original CMF werewolf to this version. Way too big of a head for a minifig body, its as if they had some left over Fabuland wolf heads that they somehow stuck on a minifig just to get rid of inventory. It just doesn't look right to me.

They used the same head in other sets. The Shrieking Shack and the previous Monsters Studio theme. This leads me to believe that these are indeed people dressed up in costumes rather than "real" monsters.

AllBrick
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    This will be the first series for which I am compelled to get all 16. Monster Fighters has been my favorite theme so this is just too perfect.
  • BrandonCarpenterBrandonCarpenter Member Posts: 88
    Just started last August collecting the CMF line so I started 14 series behind including all special ones. Now that I see this one I am scared that I will have to keep collecting until the CMF line is up.
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 989
    As of Jan 2015, dont like them at all.....however, as Oct 2015 starts to roll around, and we take out the Haunted Mansion to again display....hmmmm, might be liking them a bit.
    kooz
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,271

Solarious said:

Nobody is going to mention the fact that the Frankenstein Monster is playing a guitar for some reason?

He's doing the Monster Mash.

Similarly, I'm also wondering why that zombie is wearing what looks to be a newspaper for a hat.

He's got a electric guitar.. probably playing a 'monster' ballad.

I like them, but a few seem a bit too 'cartoonish' to me, but still will likely try to get at least a set of them but not much more, especially as they are likely 3.99 USD.
    matticus_bricks
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,404
    The release of these monster CMF series in the fall makes me wonder if they were reading the Haunted House discontinued thread.
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,323
    Is there an odd lack of accessories here? Does anyone else hope there are more accessories for some of these (they are early pics after all)?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,515
    The lack of accessories is because they are not official photos.
  • MilseyMilsey UKMember Posts: 48
    ^ definitely looks like a pumpkin shaped cutout
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,435
    IT'S AN APPLE!
    sklambPitfall69Adzbadboy[Deleted User]
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,385
    No, I think it's a pumpkin. Look at that stem. No way you'll find a stem that thick on an apple.
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    Full Mooooooooon!
    Legopassion8
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,385
    graphite said:

No, I think it's a pumpkin. Look at that stem. No way you'll find a stem that thick on an apple.

Sarcasm 1, You 0

And it isn't really that important a thing so why the douchy comment?

graphite said:

Sarcasm 1, You 0

And it isn't really that important a thing so why the douchy comment?

It's Friday, you should be drinking and chilling out. It was a funny comment....I didn't take it the wrong way; you should have a chuckle too :)

brokenapathy23graphite
    A bit of an update from discussions at eurobricks:

There should be a Grim Reaper, fly man and a gargoyle in the series, and it's possible that the Monster Rocker is not in the series.

Possibly some of the new parts ...

andheAdzbadboyLegoKip
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,113
    That fly head is great...time to build a teleporter 
    bluedragonVorpalRyuGalactusMathiaschuckp
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    That second hairpiece looks like a satyr.
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    The horned head would be good for Saga MOCs
    binaryeye said:
    That second hairpiece looks like a satyr.
    I thought (as others have commented on eurobricks) that it looks more like a gargoyle type figure.
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,323
    The list at the Brickfan says Gargoyle...I so wanted the Monster Rocker though.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,695
    Surprised they didn't do this idea for series '13'.... though guess it wouldn't have timed with the autumn.

Looks like some interesting parts, but I not a fan of the theme so hopefully is finally a series I can avoid completing...
    As a fan of Monster Fighters I love it.
    I also love when LEGO use CMFs to add interesting hair/hat pieces (especially those with hair showing through a hat - LEGO needs to get on and make a baseball cap and cowboy hat with hair to cover alternate prints!)
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    This look like a series I need this to complete. Wonder how many of these will be in my city
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 585
    If Lego decided to do a Simpsons Treehouse of Horror minifigure line, then that fly head is perfect for Bart.  I'll be making that swap when it comes out for sure.
    andhe77ncaachampsCCCchuckpAdzbadboybluemodernAllBrick
    That was my thinking when I first saw it!

BombTecSumoLegoSethro3chuckpAdzbadboybluemodernAllBrick
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    edited June 2015
    Are they going for Lollipop Chainsaw with the pig tails mixed in with the monster theme?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lollipop_Chainsaw_Cover_Art.png
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,232
    So looking forward to this series, awesome stuff for building a Halloween diorama!
    xiahna
    It looks like the Monster Rocker is in the series after all.
    dannyrww
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    After seeing some new pieces, then I'm back in. I looked back at this thread and said how blah they were back in January. Now they are looking better.

I guess I'll still wait for the final product. But some of the new molds will be welcomed into my collection.
    Brixy
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,695
    edited June 2015

via http://www.hothbricks.com/

The skeleton is looking different and a whole lot better than the leaked pics. Perhaps the face was from a different fig. Can see this head being sort after by military MOCers. Nice pumpkin print on that bucket as well.

pharmjodShibBrickDancergmonkey76GothamConstructionCoyys4uchuckpAllBrick