Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• NickF22NickF22 United KingdomMember Posts: 408
    Updating my CV to apply for a career with LEGO...
    MathiasrdflegoAdzbadboyGothamConstructionCoPeter1975CapnRex101krklint
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    @Pitfall69‌ I have done that before. I agree that something just doesn't feel right about it.
  • MumboMumbo PE2Member Posts: 14
    Pitfall69rancorbaitlegomattGothamConstructionCochuckpkrklint
  • rdflegordflego in a world of his ownMember Posts: 324
    I spent 11:00 Saturday - 02:00 Sunday then 10:00 - 16:00 Sunday taking apart MOCs & sets in order to sort pieces, but I still have this much left to process. Definitely going to lose another weekend to necessary sorting.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    Mumbo said:

Welcome aboard!
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,356
    iccarus said:

@Pitfall69‌ I have done that before. I agree that something just doesn't feel right about it.

Lego keeps changing the size of their boxes and all my boxes are either too small or too big.

• 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,435
    Dunno if I posted this earlier.

Putting together the Avatar Fire Nation ship and then getting my inventory set for a rebuild of some sets I bought used and incomplete: #3432, #3433, and #3570
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,500
    Disappointed TLM did not get an Oscar nomination.

But happy to receive a couple of Belville eBay buys. Looks like some cool out of production parts in really good condition. Can't wait to explore in more detail when I get home!
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,033

Disappointed TLM did not get an Oscar nomination.

But happy to receive a couple of Belville eBay buys. Looks like some cool out of production parts in really good condition. Can't wait to explore in more detail when I get home!

Althought I thought I read somewhere they are nominated for best animated film of the year at some other award type event?
    ^ Don't know about that. I know it was nominated for the Golden Globes but didn't win.

Some pics of the best bits of my Belville haul...and a cool Batman clock I picked up in a charity shop :-)

BrickDancerlegonut80legomattGuroooPitfall69snowhitieAndorShib
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,615
    I'm currently hunting for 6 more Simpsons Collectible Minifigures. I reserved a total of 36 (total amount between 4 different local stores) to be on the safe side :D

Next time I will get them at the time of release, they sell really fast/or get discontinued within a few months.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,111
    @LostInTranslation‌ those leafy window parts are really interesting. Glad there's none of the dolls there though, the Bellville dolls really weird me out!
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,695
    Good 'old postie delivered some exciting news this morning...
    binaryeyeLego_StarBumblepantsPitfall69
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    Better late than...oh wait, that's not right.
    Oh @Shib. You asked for it.

These are the dolls I got with this recent lot. I have quite a few more. If anyone collects Belville dolls, PM me as I am happy to trade them for a poly or two. Otherwise eventually they will go on ebay as a job lot.

I have ideas for the window parts. I need to have a play around with them and see how I can incorporate them into my plans.
    Bumblepantscarlq
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,653
    that baby is just the worst.
    LostInTranslationcarlqrancorbaitAdzbadboyShibplasmodiumPitfall69EddieDoesntMind
    "Do you not know who I am?"

that baby is just the worst.

Why would anyone give that to a child?
    Andor
  • MiniFigHunterMiniFigHunter Member Posts: 113
    Wife out daughter out for the day so it's a father and son lego session day
    carlq
  • NickF22NickF22 United KingdomMember Posts: 408
    My 3 year old daughter wants to help build #42025 Technic Cargo Plane (10-16...)
  • iamterryiamterry Member Posts: 158
    My 3.5 year old son and myself have just finished #42024. He's just getting enough of an attention span to help for about 20-30 mins so it took us quite a few nights (plus ones where I did a load of the tricky gear work for him).

I sneaked in the power functions last night so this morning we've been tipping random bits of duplo onto the floor with it :)

Enjoyed the actual technic/gear side of the build so much, I'm now wondering if I can find any cheap(ish) sets solely for that side of the build. Alternatively; anybody know of any places to look for moc type designs of just the gear side of things. I saw that youtube video demonstrating the new clutch/gear setup and tempted to make that myself too!
  • rdflegordflego in a world of his ownMember Posts: 324
    I'm spending today sorting out my instruction manuals. It's going to be a long day.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,249
    Feeling like the most popular person on Brickset with 15 new messages since posting my want list of CMFs...
    CapnRex101Pitfall69rancorbaitAdzbadboy
  • Vindic8edVindic8ed Member Posts: 163
    Wishing POV was faster and debating whether or not to buy more parts from bricklink for LDD designs...
    rancorbait
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    Vindic8ed said:

Wishing POV was faster and debating whether or not to buy more parts from bricklink for LDD designs...

I know, I've waited days for just a single render ;)

Vindic8ed said:

I know, I've waited days for just a single render ;)
    The amount of time it took to render my Neo-Classic Space Podracer...

rancorbait
    edited January 2015
    I have a week off University so I'm free for one week now I can relax and get my Brick2015 MOC's started!

I finally completed my first LEGO Collectible Minifigure Series on Saturday which is the The Simpsons Series (after that my fingers were in pain...)

O_O James Gunn liked my 'LEGO Guardians of the Galaxy - Mini Milano Spaceship'

https://www.facebook.com/jgunn/posts/10152446566241157?notif_t=like
    LostInTranslation
  • GuroooGurooo Member Posts: 268
    Just received my first [email protected] cancellation. No Santa's workshop for me :'(
    In the email they indicate that this is something that almost never happens... Yeah. Right.

I am officially an AFOL today! :D

Unfortunately I am feeling a bit feverish, so I can't do much at the moment :(

Welcome to the club and Happy Birthday!

• rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    edited January 2015

My dad got me a case of beers XD
    Pitfall69 said:

I was watching an episode of Storage Wars and they bought a locker that had a "My Little Pony" collection and one GIGANTIC Pinky Pie. They took the collection to a real life "Brony". My wife was laughing her ass off and said "That's You!!!"
    rancorbaitBumblepantsaimlesspursuitsklatu003Andor
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,263
    edited January 2015
    @rancorbait‌ - Happy Birthday Amos! I thought it was today but couldn't be sure so decided to avoid the potential embarrassment of wishing you a happy birthday on the wrong day :smiley:
    rancorbaitPitfall69AdzbadboyAndor
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,249
    Happy birthday @rancorbait‌ !
    edited January 2015
    Pitfall69 said:

Who's club? Not yours! You're in a club all of your own. ;)

Happy birthday @rancorbait‌, whatever day you decide on. :-)
    rancorbait
  • iamterryiamterry Member Posts: 158
    Just finished #21108 and added it with a few more small sets to a cabinet I fitted to the wall this weekend.
    Lego.jpg 131.7K
    Jennirancorbaitdejavu
    Must stay off Bricklink...must stay off Bricklink...

Annoying when you realise that a part you used in the majority of your childhood builds is available for pennies...because of course you have to order a few other bits to make it worth while ;-P
    carlq
  • dejavudejavu USAMember Posts: 235
    Great cabinet, #iamterry. It's got some interesting details and works perfectly for your display.
  • bkprbkpr Texas, USAMember Posts: 295
    Packing up storing all the parts for Arvo Brothers Kaneda Bike until such time as I can find a set of instructions :(
    Talked with a good friend today. Learned that he is downright mad over his Lego stickers. I'm positive he might end up in a straight jacket one of these days ;)
    LostInTranslationLegoboycarlq
  • JenniJenni USAMember Posts: 1,376
    Helping at our church after school program and this was Miah's homework she had to read to me.
    LostInTranslationLegoboyPitfall69rancorbaitNickF22Adzbadboychuckp
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    I discovered I'm capable of passing on clearance LEGO at 70% off. I found about 20 #41000 Water Scooter Fun at Meijer for $2.00 each.
    I stepped on a toy "block" and rolled my ankle. I wasn't very happy :(
    piratemania7
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,435
    Picked up the latest Glow in the Dark Mixels.
  • DroneDrone U.KMember Posts: 193
    Just picked up the latest issue of Blocks. Surprised it's not been mentioned its out today!
  • BennyBenny Carlisle, EnglandMember Posts: 28
    Rather excited about a visit to the metro centre lego store tmw. It's the closest one to me
    Jenni
  • JawascrumpJawascrump Member Posts: 112
    Today was a great Lego day. I traded a sealed Helms Deep for a sealed Town Hall! I've now got three Modulars in hand since Sunday (PS & PC), with two deals pending for GE and FB. I can't wait to build them all!
    Jennicarlq
    Wow, you got the good end of that deal
  • dejavudejavu USAMember Posts: 235
    Put together my Christmas gifts - 60026 Town Square and two sets of 31026 Bike Shop and Cafe (I had the one set already, got the 2nd for Christmas). I've added some extra bits and pieces here.
    Jennicarlq