Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Target has Emerald Night plus clearance

bor2112bor2112 FloridaMember Posts: 321
edited December 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
It is still available, priced at $90 and ships free. There is also the $7 off $70 promo code.

Many sets are also on clearance although they do not all ship free.

Happy shopping.

Comments

• DavidRod8DavidRod8 Member Posts: 143
    I really like the yellow truck 3221, was surprised to see it on clearance... saw that amazon is already sold out and sell over the msrp so I figure I would load up on those... let's see if @legofantexas picks up a container or two :) (hint hint ;)
    I picked up a couple of the atlantis sets @35... not sure on the cars @35... I guess to me the better investment is on the more expensive sets... these cheaper ones take out just as much space ;)
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Here's what I'm getting:
    Emerald Night: $89.99
    LEGO Truck: $15.74
    Pre-Total: $105.73
    AAA Member Discount: -$10
    RED Card Discount: 5%
    Rewards Runner Cashback: 7%

Total w/ Tax: $97.30
    Total After Cashback: $90.49

(Repeat)

It's like getting the LEGO Truck for free.
  • avoiceoreasonavoiceoreason Member Posts: 224
    Thanks (or not) for the heads up. Just what I needed was another few hundred dollars worth of Lego coming to my house.

That said though, there are some pretty good sets on clearance right now if people are interested.
  • bor2112bor2112 FloridaMember Posts: 321
    3221 is less than 50% of MSRP. Worth it just for the mini city boxes!

I agree, however, my pockets are lighter and my home crowded!
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    @sidersdd How do you stack the AAA discount with the rewards runner discount? Don't they both require you to click through their own affiliate links to get to Target.com? (eg: there is no coupon for one or the other?)
    Thanks.
    -Dan
  • pcironepcirone Long Island, NYMember Posts: 346
    ^ yes i cant even stack the 7 off 70 with the 10% at shopdiscover .. ?

:-/
    edited December 2011
    The best i could do was 2 copies of 7985 and 2 lego star wars boys t shirts (XL) for $67.26 (+tax) which is still pretty great since it's all for less than RRP for a single 7985..

I needed the tshirts as filler for 7 off 70 and they were like $2.75 + BOGO50%
  • coolpixcoolpix Member Posts: 357
    That means it's the end of the line for the Yellow Truck at Target. It will only be available at TRU and LEGO stores after Xmas. I'll grab one for my collection now.
    City Truck now sold out. I decided to take a shower with it in my cart, but before I placed the order. Oh well, I have the TRU truck.
    Half off the 7985 Atlantis set is pretty awesome though! One very cool looking set.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,404
    Thank you guys for posting this, woke up this morning, checked Brickset as I always do (gotta feed the addiction, right?)

Picked up a bit of this and a bit of that, that Truck sold out fast!!! :)

Hopefully Target doesn't cancel any of the orders. :)
    edited December 2011
    @sidersdd How do you stack the AAA discount with the rewards runner discount? Don't they both require you to click through their own affiliate links to get to Target.com? (eg: there is no coupon for one or the other?)
    Thanks.
    -Dan
    Fill your cart. Leave the browser open. Open a new window and do the AAA. Then open another window and do your rewards site (ebates, RewardsRunner, mrrebates). You'll see the AAA $10 off sticks. Then finish your order from there.

You used to be able to stack $5 and $7 coupons from places like couponmountain.com as well. And actually these work for those that don't have AAA.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,642
    Have to check the Targets by me to see if they have these on clearance there, or just online.
    @sidersdd WOAH - REALLY!? So then once you have the three windows open, which window do you finish the checkout process with? The very first window, or the last one you opened from the rewards site?
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    They also have some Atlantis stuff for 50% off right now, including the columns pieces set, City of Atlantis. Just grabbed 2x for $34.98/ea.
    Heh, they also apparently have Imperial flagships at regular price, but they also have the dropships as well at regular price...
    Does anyone know what the Technic cranes went for on Clearance at Target? Apparently they were in the clearance section...
    Grand Emporium sold out at Target too... wonder if panic buying started due to the LEGO site showing 'Sold out' again
    @sidersdd WOAH - REALLY!? So then once you have the three windows open, which window do you finish the checkout process with? The very first window, or the last one you opened from the rewards site?

You need to finish with the rewards one. It's the only one that is really a referral link. The others are more like promo codes.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 674
    So these are the highlights I've assembled. All are 50% off:

Toy Story
    7598 Pizza Planet Delivery $14.84

Prince Of Persia
    7570 The Ostrich Race $9.98

City
    3221 LEGO Truck $15.74– Sold out online, check store availability.

Atlantis
    7985 City of Atlantis $34.98
    8080 Undersea Explorer $21.48
    7978 Angler Attack $9.98

Power Miners
    8190 Claw Catcher $17.48

Star Wars
    8085 Freeco Speeder $12.85- This one's unmarked.

I just ordered a bunch online. Didn't notice 8085 until it was too late to change my order. I'm heading over to Target this afternoon to try and snag a LEGO Truck set, maybe a Freeco Speeder. Hope those prices are good in store.
    I was going to make a purchase, but I just would rather hold on to the funds I have now for the LEGO Christmas sale.

@sidersdd Wow - that worked! I still can't believe I didn't know about that - THANK YOU! Just ordered (yet) another Emerald Night, and another City of Atlantis.
  • andystarandystar Member Posts: 275
    edited December 2011
    Just snagged the Lego Truck 3221, appears they found a few more.
    Funny I had to do a "lego 3221" search to find it, the normal category selection showed it as sold out on-line.
  • cbaker1974cbaker1974 Member Posts: 150
    Thanks for this! I've been stocking up on pieces here or there to eventually build a nice city layout and snagged some trucks and police dog sets. May need to move into a bigger house to realize the total vision though :)
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    edited December 2011
    I just went to a local Target and they said they can't price-match to their own online stuff, which I found to be a crazy notion. But w/e.
  • DatoDato Member Posts: 111
    @sidersdd: Thanks for the tip! I was able to stack AAA with my shopdiscover on EN + LEGO Truck. The discount on EN ended up even better than [email protected] on Brick Friday (27% vs 25%).

BTW, LEGO Truck is back in stock. Target might have cancelled a really large order that cleaned out its stock, or some big buyer got busted by the whip-wielding wife and subsequently cancelled it!
    ^^ yeah I'm at Target right now they have everything in stock but not at clearance prices.
    the truck seems to have just sold out again.
  • bor2112bor2112 FloridaMember Posts: 321
    I have placed multiple orders....I fully expect I will be receiving cancellation notices. It has happened numerous times.

I do not believe 3221 sold out that quickly. I jumped on it at 3 a.m. est when target's day begins. I am sure others did as well.
    Back in stock, bought 5 more...
    Just grabbed a City Truck, and (can you guess what I am going to say?) another Emerald Night. All told, I figure it cost $83 for the Emerald Night and $10 for the Truck after discounts.

I am increasingly feeling that Emerald Night is THE set to grab for retirement. Unlike Imperial Flagship, whose retail is $180, someone has to shell out $360 if the cost rises by 100% in the next year or so. But for Emerald Night, i think more collectors can afford $200 for a retired set, which is what Emerald Night would be if it doubled in price.

And - if I am WAY off here, if Emerald Night has zero demand after retirement, I'm not too upset about being "stuck" with a bunch of these awesome sets!

Thanks again everyone - yet ANOTHER great deal with this Target stuff.
    -Dan
    The only issue with EM becomes how many have been purchased in the past 2 weeks for resale, vs. how many have been purchased for consumption.

We'll know in a few months what the answer is. :)
  • giraffefrecklesgiraffefreckles Member Posts: 100
    edited December 2011
    @sidersdd. Thanks for the couponmountain note. Worked nicely.

Note to everyone still trying to buy the EN (or anything else): the checkout screen tried to tell me that there's a problem with delivery of this item - the problem being delivery to my state (California.). Given that the last earthquake hadn't sunk us to the bottom of the ocean, I ignored the glaring warnings and hit "continue." It luckily let me complete my transaction without incident. Good luck. (And yes, I am now on the lookout for Target to cancel my order due to understock issues.)
  • DatoDato Member Posts: 111
    Just received the EN I ordered on Sunday. The other sets I ordered, LEGO Trucks and City of Atlantis, were delayed to a mid-January 2012 ship date. Given that both sets are discontinued, I think my orders would eventually be cancelled.
    I received a notice that my LEGO trucks are delayed for delivery until mid-January as well.
  • DavidRod8DavidRod8 Member Posts: 143
    Got my box today with 10 trucks and 3 atlantis sets... I did place my order early on Sunday though... I placed orders for the EN later, just got notices that they are on their way...

I received a notice that my LEGO trucks are delayed for delivery until mid-January as well.
    Ditto, but rather have them, albeit late, for the price they were

• avoiceoreasonavoiceoreason Member Posts: 224
    I got my trucks yesterday.
    I received 4 Emerald Nights from Target yesterday, and 2 more will be delivered today. The two items that I received notifications of delay were on the City Truck and the City of Atlantis. Glad the trains got through!