Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What are you building right now?

Comments

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,226
    Just finihed building the Chris McVeigh 60s Edition Television kit my brother bought me for christmas. Interesting build, nice little model when finished.
    carlq
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,869
    Building MBA space designer set with my son #20200. A lot of fun, he is learning a lot and I even learned a few things Interestingly enough it came with a new style orange brick separator and an old timey green one. The back of the instructions and the brickset inventory only list a modern green one. I thought the other kind was retired ages ago.
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    Built Elsa's Sparkling Ice Castle and the #60083 Snowplow for/with the kids this weekend. The Snowplow was a neat little build. The designer used a differential gear for the rear wheels that is connected to the salt spreader on the back of the plow. When the truck is rolling, the spreader spins, clever for a City set. The plow blade is connected via ball joint plates, which gives the blade a lot of directional movement, but seems a bit flimsy to me. Fun little set for $20.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,420
    edited December 2014
    Finished building #42030 Volvo L350F today, it took 3 days off and on to do it. The size and complexity of this model makes any modular building look like a starter set.
    CapnRex101
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    oldtodd33 said:

Finished building #42030 Volvo L350F today, it took 3 days off and on to do it. The size and complexity of this model makes any modular building look like a starter set.

I feel that way about a lot of technic sets. Especially anything that incorporates PF.
  • RevBluesRevBlues Member Posts: 117
    Just broke the seals on #79111 Constitution Train Chase. :0)
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Just finished my 3rd mosaic, this one is of my niece for her 5th birthday in a couple weeks.
    Jennicarlqecmo47SirBenPeter1975
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,088
    Nice!! It's amazing how much better those pictures look from a distance.
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,088
    I just finished UN-building a #7784 USC Batmobile that I got off Craigslist. It was very dirty and almost every piece needed a bath. I've completed the invertory (was missing the roof) so should look great once missing parts are here.
    Drmnez
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,995
    After months of abstinence, I finally got round to building a set last Sunday - #10242 Mini Cooper. And what a beauty it is :-)

Think I might start #10237 Tower of Orthanc this afternoon :-))
    JenniAndor
    edited January 2015
    Legopants said:

See you in a week to ten days. ;o)
    RevBlues said:

Legopants said:

You're not joking! It's a big 'un alright! Bags 1 to 5 done (10 to go) - Treebeard, an Orc, an Uruk Hai and the first two storeys of the Tower itself.
    carlqAndor
  • JdslaterJdslater Member Posts: 59
    Just finished the B Wing. Love it. Cannot wait to build a scene around it.
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    Jut finished the Tumbler #76023: I had seen it on display at Lego stores and seen tons of the pics posted here and elsewhere but man this sucker is BIG!! It does not fit in the Ikea displays I have so have to get a new one just for this, actually I have a few sets I built recently that to not fit in Detolf display cases.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    I'm only a year behind everyone else it seems.
    alijoezac
  • wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 394
    edited January 2015
    I pushed everything to the side to build the Slave 1 I got today! It's been really fun so far, but I think I may have found an error on page 86. It looks like the same picture of the model for pages 86 & 87- what the build should look like after you complete step 23 on page 87.
  • Faedian7Faedian7 Member Posts: 50
    Sadly I just missed out on the emerald night when I came back into lego. Glad I was able to put together a cheaper option!
    krklintcrazycarl
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 500
    @Faedian7, I love seeing classic sets in alternative colors. Too bad TLG never offered that dark green curved slope with the gold stripe in other colors. It might be my favorite piece of all time. Even so, nice work!
    Faedian7
    edited January 2015
    Legopants said:

RevBlues said:

Legopants said:

You're not joking! It's a big 'un alright! Bags 1 to 5 done (10 to go) - Treebeard, an Orc, an Uruk Hai and the first two storeys of the Tower itself.
    Quick update:
    Bags 1 to 9 done. Tower starting to look very cool indeed :-)
    edited January 2015
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    death star, box 3
    carlq
  • wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 394
    Done! :smile:

UCS Slave 1 photo image_zps656ca8b9.jpg

Now to source all the parts needed to do it again with Jango's paint scheme!!
    rdflegocarlqAdzbadboyLegoboyBrickDancerDrmnezTK2012WSWchuckp
    Constitution Train Chase completed, and there is now one very happy little boy in our house.

And my 5 year old son is quite pleased with it too.
    wayneggcarlqPenkid11BumblepantsSirBen
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Finally found the new DC wave and starting with Green Lantern set. Just ecstatic to soon finish the JL roster today.

The GF is updating her Unikitty collection at the same time with the Double Decker and Angry Kitty sets. Along with the new Friends Mia Roadster and Baby Bunnies sets (first time for a baby bottle!).
    Behold, the Tower of Orthanc! And it's ruddy massive!!!

Right, what's next...
    RevBluesCupIsHalfEmptycarlqBumblepantsAndorLostInTranslationchuckp
    Is Groot moonlighting?
  • TK2012WSWTK2012WSW United StatesMember Posts: 37
    I'm building a mash-up of a Coast Guard dock/wharf/lighthouse/station/base. I've purchased some current and older individual sets that I liked and have put them together.

I'm in the process of laying out Stage 1 which is expanding the dock/wharf from set 7739 that will include a boat ramp, space to dock two Coast Guard Patrol Boats from sets 7739/60014, and a pair of pilings to give the Coast Guard Seaplane from set 60015 a home in the water. (Originally, I was going to use water with the set, but I've decided to keep it "Lego" and buy trans-blue, white and clear studs in bulk to give it some "water" feel.)

Stage 2 is to build a Coast Guard building for administration of the division, storage for extra gear, parking, sleeping quarters, and a place for the Coast Guard Helicopter from set 60013 to arrive/depart.

Stage 3 is to build out a beach and jetty area to blend the station, water, and dock together.

I'm really interested in the water/boat themes because I spent summers on the Chesapeake Bay when I was growing up and now live between the Atlantic Ocean and two blocks from the Coast Guard Cutter Diligence.

I hope to have this layout complete by mid-March and will take pictures once I get it completed. This is my first Lego diorama build!

Sets being used:
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 475
    I am taking my Lonely Mountain set and have mounted it on a 48x48 baseplate and added about 200 chrome gold coins and a bunch of jewels. It adds so much to the set. Next I want to BL order and build back walls and pillars along the back two sides of the plate for a complete diorama. Also my first.
    Legopassion8AndorLegoboy
    RevBlues said:

Is Groot moonlighting?

I asked "Treebeard". His response was "I am Groot", so I think you may be right.
    carlqBumblepantsRevBluesLostInTranslation
  • NatebwNatebw Tampa BayMember Posts: 339
    My kids and I want to real-ify Benny's Spaceship. You know, make it look less professional and Hollywood, but not totally ruin it. :)

krklint
  • jedijason1138jedijason1138 Member Posts: 151
    I'm about 2/3 of the way through building the UCS Slave I. It's been an interesting build.

The last few sets I've built I've had missing pieces that weren't actually missing. I'll explain: last night, I was working on the wings on Slave I and I was missing a right plate 2x3 angled piece. I looked everywhere within the area I was building, but no luck. I had to scrounge a piece off of my midi scale Star Destroyer, which wasn't difficult. I wanted to continue the Slave I build and figured I would request the missing piece from Lego. As I was cleaning up my build area, I picked up the instruction book and there was something stuck in between the pages. Yep, you guessed it. It was the missing piece.

I mention this because it has happened to me several times on the last few builds. I haven't had a legitimately missing piece in a set. I know it happens sometimes, but, knock wood, it hasn't happened to me yet.
    Andor
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    With my birthday being a few days before Christmas and also having a young son I've built or helped build a lot of sets in the past couple weeks.

#75028 Clone Turbo Tank Microfighter: My son got this for me for my birthday because he likes tracked vehicles (e.g. excavators) and this looks like it has tracks. Not a particularly interesting build because it's so small, but a good amount of SNOT.

#31032 Red Creatures: The dragon is great. The head is nicely done with SNOT and has a lot of detail packed into a small area. The secondary models aren't as good, but that's to be expected. A fantastic set for parts. I'm surprised RRP for this set is only $15.

#60083 Snowplow Truck: This is my son's set, so I only supervised. I've built or helped build a lot of City trucks and the builds get pretty repetitive. This one, however, is quite different, mostly because of the parts used.

#31030 Red Go-Kart: This is pretty good build for $10. Way better than a Microfighter or some other licensed set at that price point. The mechanism for steering is simple but fun to put together.

#75049 Snowspeeder: I won't lie, I wanted this because I wanted two more Snowspeeder pilots with printed legs. I recently re-built the Snowspeeder from #75014 at the request of my son, so it was interesting to see the differences. #75049 is a definite improvement and is surprisingly larger.

#70805 Trash Chomper: Another of my son's sets. We built the chomper first and he needed a bit of help with the micromanager and Technic bits. It's a pretty interesting build and the completed model is fun to play with. Nice minifigures that fit well with City sets. The garbage truck is obviously a secondary build, as some of the parts are used in strange ways. However, the result is a decent garbage truck, though the back end looks a bit too large relative to contemporary City vehicles.

#75074 Snowspeeder Microfighter: I won't lie, I wanted this only because I wanted yet another Snowspeeder pilot with printed legs. For such a small build, this one is pretty good. After building the System-scale Snowspeeder, it was neat to see that this one is built in much the same way (e.g. the way the "wings" attach).

#76025 Green Lantern vs. Sinestro: Another set for the minifigures. The firing mechanism on Green Lantern's jet/ship is clever, but I found the rest of the build very underwhelming (even with relatively low expectations). Oh well; there are some interesting and useful parts in the set.

#42026 Black Champion Racer: My son's set. Being four, he couldn't build it but has had a ton of fun playing with it. This is the first proper Technic set I've put together since the early 90s, and it was interesting, though a bit hard on the fingers. Obviously very different from a System set. It made me want to buy some larger Technic sets, but I must resist that urge.

#75013 Umbaran MHC: I got this set, on discount, primarily for the parts (specifically the white helmets). I wasn't disappointed in the parts; there are multiples of a lot of useful pieces because of the six identical legs. The build was a lot more interesting than I expected, even with the repetition of the legs, and the completed model is very nice. While it is somewhat small for an RRP $50 set, a lot of detail and shaping is packed into the body and legs.

#75081 T-16 Skyhopper: Yet another set for the minifigures. The build here was a pleasant surprise, though. The dorsal "wing" construction was definitely different than the average set, and the way it attaches to the main fuselage is interesting.
  • BarracudaBarracuda Member Posts: 2
    I just finished building set 21108. I really enjoy the set.
  • ourmoneydiaryourmoneydiary Member Posts: 12
    We just built #21301. This is definitely a cute set and has us hoping that additional birds sets are released in the future.
  • Skull_004Skull_004 Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2015
    Just finished the Milano Spaceship. Want to make the Rocket's warbird in the same scale, still working on the specifics of the model. Built a prototype MOC mini Super Star Destroyer. Just going to make the model in LEGO creator to see how it will actually look.
  • Peter1975Peter1975 DeventerMember Posts: 166
    I just broke down my Lego Winter Village..... Now I have a whole year to think about, how to build it next year. At last I shoot a video to remind it....
  • BennyBenny Carlisle, EnglandMember Posts: 28
    I'm about 3/4 of the way through the Death Star (just started box 4) and I'm loving every minute. Anyone else dislike (maybe too strong a word) getting towards the end of a build as it means the fun of building is over.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    edited January 2015
    Christmas death star completed. Weve peaked, no need to buy any more SW Lego now! Not that I've seen it as I'm not home yet. :neutral_face:
    carlqSirKevbags
  • jedijason1138jedijason1138 Member Posts: 151
    Benny said:

I'm about 3/4 of the way through the Death Star (just started box 4) and I'm loving every minute. Anyone else dislike (maybe too strong a word) getting towards the end of a build as it means the fun of building is over.

With the Death Star, I was actually relieved to be done. It was a long wait to buy, a long build and so it was quite an accomplishment for me to have it finally finished and sitting in my Star Wars room.

Now when I build the UCS Star Destroyer, I did get the feeling that I was disappointed that I was done. I loved the model, but when it was done, I didn't have anything else to build on the horizon.
  • mh3490mh3490 NW Indiana Member Posts: 316
    I picked up a bnsf off ebay and cleaned her up and verified all parts were there it was one of my favorites as a kid and I finally got it
    BrickDancerJennichuckpMccutchen
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,841
    Christmas is finally here for me (have been waiting on 1/2 my Christmas box).

Phoned Lego Metrocentre knowing that they get a delivery on a Friday and some UCS Slave Is turned up. One reserved and shot through after work to pick up, free flower cart (meh), free calendar, and a big box that's going to keep me occupied this weekend.

Now I just have to phone [email protected] and cancel the one I have back-ordered for Feb 5th.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,841
    Bags 1-6 done in on the Slayve I, and the base is done - was surprised how quick the build has been so far, only took an hour to get to that point. Nice build techniques, but was hoping for more than 2.5 hours of building. Next dilemma is where to put it - do I pack up my Hoth Diorama or my Endor one?

I think i'm going to have to go UCS SW exclusive soon (and the Tumbler) and get the system stuff sold.
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,000
    Redoing our modular city. Waiting to start on the Restaurant #10243 & Detective office # 10246....my kids wont help start until they find 5 construction mini figures from series 13 and build scaffolding, lol....go figure....they say "we" cant go this alone, we need lego pros on the job site!
    matticus_brickschuckpSombuxAndorGothamConstructionCo
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648
    ^What wonderful imaginations children have. :smile:
    RevBluesAndor
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,398
    Just finished a bunch of the Creator creatures sets. I started getting three of each last year since it's three different animals and I like them so much, I'll continue to do that.

Now I have finally got another train motor and battery pack, I will be adding power to #79111. I got the set for a smidge over £100 last month, and I like it so much I've just bought another one (found it for £90 this time) so I can expand it and make some changes. Along with the Power Functions, that makes over £250 for one train set. Let's just keep that between ourselves, okay? No need to tell anyone else...

But it does mean I now have two sets of Lone Ranger minifigures to sell.
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    Finished General Grievous Wheel Bike and now building the 2014 B-wing. It´s not such a big set but has bags even to number 5. Right now I´ve built the first two bags and the set seems great. It uses very nice building techniques, fast but relaxing. Before the wheel bike I built 2014 V-wing.
  • DuchessaDuchessa Member Posts: 287
    edited January 2015
    Last wek I got an opportunity to buy a copy of #6286 - the Skull's Eye Schooner from 1993. It's boxed, but the box is old and you can see and smell mold in one corner. We'll se if it can be saved. The set was incomplete (I knew it when I bought it), so after carefully cleaning all the pieces yesterday, I used Peeron to check the set. It was about 60% complete, and actually in very good condition. It also contained lots of parts from other sets that I sorted out. I could easily replace some pieces, and now I'm going to Bricklink the rest. It's such a great set!
    oldtodd33BuriedinBricks
  • ritztoysritztoys Member Posts: 2
    I'm building Designer Hans' Drag Line Crane, I'm his BI proof reader and test builder.
    All you Technic builders will really enjoy building and 'playing' with this great MOC.
    BI will be available soon!