Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Where to get Monchromatic Lego minifigs....

lfty888lfty888 PhilippinesMember Posts: 13
Hello there, can anyone help me on where to buy some monochromatic minifigs? I tried ebay but only a few sellers are selling and at a prohibitive price too...... does anyone know of any online shop selling them exclusively? or shall i have to also resort to checking bricklink? thank you very much!

Comments

• EddieDoesntMindEddieDoesntMind Member Posts: 329
    I don't think a lot of people sell whole figures, but this BL store sells parts to build one: http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=FigBits
  • lfty888lfty888 PhilippinesMember Posts: 13
    @EddieDoesntMind‌, thank you very much for the link. I wonder why Lego doesn't sell them on their PaB sites at all....... :(
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,319
    Probably because they are quite a niche interest, and one far more appealing to AFOLs than kids. Meaning its a small number of their secondary demographic.
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    I would use Bricklink to track them down part by part.

@q_159‌ is an enthusiast; every once in a while he makes useful charts of what's available in each colour. http://www.flickr.com/x/t/0092009/photos/[email protected]/14239862507/

Check his beautiful pics of them too
    http://www.flickr.com/x/t/0094009/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157634798024769/
    klatu003
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 722
    Oh dear, another thing to get sucked into collecting....
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,689
    Start by looking through your excess minifigs. Be prepared to pull off arms and hands and sometimes legs. For some parts you will be paying a seller a large markup for doing this if you are not prepared to do it yourself. You might also want to learn to wipe print.
    madforLEGO
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,707
    CCC said:

Start by looking through your excess minifigs. Be prepared to pull off arms and hands and sometimes legs. For some parts you will be paying a seller a large markup for doing this if you are not prepared to do it yourself. You might also want to learn to wipe print.

I'm guessing this is one reason why people buy figures, even those that have major print wear or are a bit beat up to use in the MOC or with a set or on display.
    I'm guessing the really difficult parts are likely the hands and heads?
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Heads are plentiful in variety, it's the hands and hips that are limiting.
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,840
    I just want a full transparent minifig, almost there! We have heads, arms, hook hands and a left leg. :P

Heads are plentiful in variety, it's the hands and hips that are limiting.

Yes, hips especially.
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    It doesn't help that there are so many colors and it takes an ungodly number of rare parts. FigBits in Canada is quite helpful, and has posted a link to these figs on his Bricklink Splash page. I am in the process of building 34 or more colors and am making a couple of spare sets, but the cost will be quite high due to rare parts. There will be ones I can't find and just replace with white parts to get a more uniform look. They are stored in Friends' azure cases and look wonderful so far. Fortunately I began collecting plain torsos 8 years ago and have a head start!

Can folks who have tested various methods of wiping print off a fig reply with a link to the method that works the best for them? So far I have just resorted to turning a couple of rare pieces backwards so the print does not show. 

i love it when LEGO reintroduces a rare color of a fig part, but then I am not sitting on  a BL store full of overpriced fig parts. Pink arms, hands or heads to spare, anyone???

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,707
    Yeah, if I were to do monochrome I would not invest much in it and do only the figures that can readily (more to the point cheaply) be completed otherwise it does not strike me as much fun to do something like this.
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,419
    I just want a full transparent minifig, almost there! We have heads, arms, hook hands and a left leg. :P
    I have been hoping for such a thing myself. Here's to hoping we get an invisible man CMF one day...... Even if we just get hands. I do remember reading somewhere that trans hands are prone to breaking when tools etc are inserted. Clear plastic is more brittle or something like that.
    bobabricks
    Wow! An invisible man and woman CMS would be wonderful! And don't even think of collecting the matching micro figs where possible...they can be priced in the stratosphere! (And are about the size of a booger blown out of your nose....no kidding!)
    I have been purchasing many monochromatic parts on BL from several countries during the past two weeks and have run into a problem with wiped printed torsos being sold as plain ones-973. One way that you can tell is to use a dremel to polish the torsos that are dull and look carefully for the remains of printed patterns. 

If this happens to you, take photos of each torso, and show the seller what it looks like before and after polishing, especially if you paid more than a dollar for it. Sometimes the seller is not aware that the parts have been wiped or that they look dull because they did not check them when they received them from someone else. And sometimes the sellers themselves have wiped the torsos and listed them in their BL stores for sale as plain ones.

I send the photos to the seller, tell them that this is a fraudulent sale and ask them to resolve the problem before I file negative feedback. So far they have resolved the issue by reducing the price quite a bit, refunding me the difference, and removing the other similar torsos from their BL stores. 

It really irks me that a few sellers can ruin the reputation of BL by selling items that are not what they are supposed to be. If we all are vigilant, we can reduce such sales on BL. PM me if you have questions. I will not ID the sellers at this point, but am keeping an eye on their stores to make sure that they don't try this again any time soon. With over a thousand BL purchases behind me, I hope that we can continue to trust BL sellers. 
    catwrangler
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^Had the same thing happen to me over a year ago on a Dark Tan Torso piece that was only found in the Ewok Village set at the time. The Torso arrived without neck print and the a slight shadow of the former print still showing. Immediately showed a pic to BL seller and described the differences, so he quickly pulled the remaining ones in his store and sent a full refund.

This is one of the reasons why I refuse to collect any non-officially released parts, like claimed prototypes. All pure here so I need providence for my pieces.
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 311
    edited April 2016
    Where to get monochromatic minifigs? At a monochromatic store!

#sorrynotsorry

^Had the same thing happen to me over a year ago on a Dark Tan Torso piece that was only found in the Ewok Village set at the time. The Torso arrived without neck print and the a slight shadow of the former print still showing. Immediately showed a pic to BL seller and described the differences, so he quickly pulled the remaining ones in his store and sent a full refund.

This is one of the reasons why I refuse to collect any non-officially released parts, like claimed prototypes. All pure here so I need providence for my pieces.
    There shouldn't have been neck printing anyway. Plain torsos don't need them.
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,419
    edited April 2016
    Found a near complete #3409 today, It had a dutch sticker saying there were 5 extra guys inside wearing orange. It actually had 6 solid orange torsos in it. No markings at all.
    Bartman is also plain orange, which made the price of plain orange torsos drop significantly.
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    Does anyone knows if Stitch form the Disney CMF´s comes indeed in "Medium Blue"? I´ve read a lot of reviews but none states the colour! If it is indeed Medium Blue that would bring the prices for the hands down significantly!
    Apparently it is very, very close to medium blue. So good enough!
    Diggydoes
  • ARo2891ARo2891 MAMember Posts: 114
    Just opened mine and it matches!
    bobabricks