Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
It's January 1. How come nothing's live yet?
ps-Happy New Year!!!
Andor

Comments

• red237red237 Member Posts: 273
    I know, right??!! Hapoy New Year to you too :)
    margot
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    I hope I can get those dang birds before I go to sleep, happy new year!
    margotweevin
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    My thoughts exactly @Chubbles... I'm ready for bed!
  • ShpadoinkleShpadoinkle 13 hours West of BillundMember Posts: 418
    Every. Freaking. Time.

I didn't even want to stay up tonight, but it seems like if you don't order something in the first 15 minutes, you'll end up waiting two months before more become available.

When I run a sale on my website or post a new item the cart system automatically posts it at whatever time I tell it to. I can be sleeping or on the other side of the country and it will post it. Yet here it is, 12:28 AM and their new items still haven't gone live.

And I guarantee that if I go to bed the items I want will be sold out by tomorrow morning!
    tefarrelNatebw
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,871
    They are too busy updating sale prices on sold out items to list anything yet. Gotta make sure anyone that returns a Haunted House or Town Hall or R2-D2 w/o a receipt doesn't get full credit :)
    PoochytefarrelLegoboy
  • slovakiastephslovakiasteph USAMember Posts: 62
    I'm waiting too...
  • RonyarRonyar Member Posts: 357
    Going to bed. Too tired to wait and play this game. Will just have to wait for a birds set I suppose.
  • tefarreltefarrel Member Posts: 47
    Lego Shop Facebook is claiming "technical difficulties"
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,908
    edited January 2015
    Ronyar said:

Going to bed. Too tired to wait and play this game. Will just have to wait for a birds set I suppose.

You are going to regret that decision when you have to buy one at 2x the MSRP. ;-)
    edited January 2015
    wth
    The sandman is knocking on my door, can't hold out much longer
    margot
    yeah, same here, going to bed.
  • BombTecBombTec In the MountainsMember Posts: 107
    Must drink more coffee.............and kick the sandman in the face.
    star wars keychain or magnet will get you the freebie AT-DP btw
  • Lego91Lego91 GermanyMember Posts: 86
    "The product is currently not available."

Dear [email protected], please let me give you my hard earned money. Thank you.
    Or at least don't make me excited by showing the birds and then tell me that they are currently not there.
    Still!?!
  • yuffieyuffie Member Posts: 91
    I didn't expect anything to be updated at midnight but assumed all the new products would be available this morning. Poor effort.
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 794
    It's almost the 2nd of January here in NZ and still no sign of the DO being up on sale. Flower Cart seems to have popped up though.
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,085
    Maybe Lego is actually taking a day off like all the rest of us which is fine, but they shouldn't advertise things to be ready to go on a World-wide holiday. I though that the 1 Jan release date was odd. Anybody remember what happen in years past?
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,085
    Has anybody placed a successful order? Just tired and could not get past the payment page. Even though I'm logged in as a VIP customer, the warning says that I need to enter all of this information:

Please enter a last name.
    Please enter a zip code.
    Please enter a phone number.
    Please check that your email address is correct. Remove any blank spaces before or after your email address.
    Please enter an address.
    Please enter a first name.
    Please enter a city.
    Some information was missing or incorrect. Please correct before continuing.

...so something is screwy. Maybe the North Koreans are at it again!
    edited January 2015
    I can't even buy what I want to so I haven't crossed that hurdle - yet.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    Birds still shows as "coming soon".
    I'm up. @LegobrandonCP‌ Doesn't look like Birds will cost me 2x RRP yet. Then again, doesn't look like it is even available at all. I'm declaring a sleep-in win. (Or is it a loss since I still can't buy it? Not sure yet, still sleepy!)
  • peharbisonpeharbison Member Posts: 2
    I've been watching (refreshing every 60s) all night. The only two things that have changed are that the orange text on the sets that qualify as "New" has gone from "Coming Soon on Jan 1" to just "Coming Soon", and the Ideas set 21103 dropped off the page. So something, either automated or deliberate, is changing on the server side. But it still seems like someone messed up before leaving for the holiday.
    [Germany]
    The bird set and also the new minifigs show up on the front pages as Shop Highlights.
    The free flower thingy is also visible. If I click on the birds set they direct me to a nice little "product not available" page. (http://shop.lego.com/de-DE/Birds-21301)

It is a public holiday here (and I guess in a lot of other countries as well) but I think that programming the page to make it possible to buy the set at January 1st isn't that hard?! Other shops do that as well and it works most of the time. The only buggy (search for example*) online shop I know from a huge company is LEGO's.

*If you search for something on the German site you get directed to the English page with the results.

I have to work early tomorrow so it would be awesome if they fix the problem today and I can buy what I want without risking missing the set or buying for a much higher price.
  • peharbisonpeharbison Member Posts: 2
    I can also confirm that the phone system for Customer Service switched over at 8 EST. Before 8 it was a generic "We open at 8" message, but right after 8 it switched to "We're not open right now, but we're normally open between 8 and..." So their phone system at least was setup to handle the holiday...
  • thedingman5thedingman5 Great Lakes, USAMember Posts: 237
    The front page has updated now, highlighting all new sets (Slave, Detective, Elsa, Flower Cart)...still waiting for "add to cart", though...
    Back to the old front page now
    New items are live. Swarm! Swarm!!!
  • LegoKipLegoKip A cottage by the sea, California, US Member Posts: 259
    Detective Office showing as OOS -- will ship in 30 days.
  • slovakiastephslovakiasteph USAMember Posts: 62
    Now all the new items just say "Out of stock, will ship in 30 days." Can't be possible for everything??
  • iluvmyelementiluvmyelement Member Posts: 52
    They really need to get their act together......
  • NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 209

Now all the new items just say "Out of stock, will ship in 30 days." Can't be possible for everything??

I assume this is just a website error.

• BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    This is very similar to how the "launch" of new SW sets in August went.
    weevin
  • iluvmyelementiluvmyelement Member Posts: 52
    I love how they won't even answer the phones this morning.......
  • koozkooz Connecticut, USAMember Posts: 158
    Absolute fail by Lego.
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,169
    Are lego stores even open today?
    Yay for getting me all excited (I'm watching the ski jumping, not refreshing the page every few seconds) and with a beating heart I hit the refreh button AND guess what? ... Still the same...
    I'm guessing it will all shake out soon. At least they're letting us place orders. Slave I ordered!!!
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,655
    ^^ Click on the specific page for your Lego store. My local one is just closing 2 hours early this evening. I will be there at opening to snag my DO
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Lame Lego, lame.

Anyway, if you get a Star Wars thing, a Friends thing and also break $75, you get three freebies: Flower Cart, Mini AT-DP, Friends Mini Golf.

Note, doesn't seem to work with the Friends xmas bauble.
    I added a Boba Fett key chain to my Detective Office order and got the AT-DP polybag. Not too shabby!

Now if I could just get the order confirmation email on my Birds order I'll be set...
    I placed a minimum order just to lock myself in for the freebies, may try and swing by the actual store today and pick up everything else.
    kooz
    edited January 2015
    Jealous! I wish I had a real store near me. Not that I life somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Nope, capitol of my federal state. There is one in Munich, one in Nürnberg and another one in Wiesbaden. All store approx. two hours away.

Freebies don't show up as well. (Only the advertisement for the flower cart.)

EDIT: And there is a public holiday today so no stores are open. :neutral_face:
  • koozkooz Connecticut, USAMember Posts: 158
    Exactly what I did, @Chubbles‌. All 3 freebies showed up for me.

@Shpadoinkle‌, I love your avatar. Venture Bros. is one of my all time favorite shows!
    Shpadoinkle
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    Update here: Received my order confirmation email with Birds in it. On the [email protected] page, it stated 30 days shipping. Just received an important information about my order email. Two other items are listed as being on back order - NOT Birds. (One was noted on the website as being on back order until January 12, the other did not show as being on back order)

YEA!
    edited January 2015
    My confirmation email doesn't show anything back ordered, and I have a Birds set in there. Hope that means it will ship quickly!

But what is up with the new $5 friends sets not being available yet? Would have been perfect to use for getting the friends poly. (Wait, did I just answer my own question?).
    @Ronyar‌
    At least those are available here.

Update: Still waiting for the birds to show up. Flower cart is added to the basket!! No Friends poly visible.
    @kooz yeah, I've always felt that Number 21 personified my fanboy enthusiasm for Lego. :-)
    koozBumblepants
    Lego responded directly to my post and said, while things are tagged OOS, they are actually in stock and will ship as soon as they get it all figured out.
    LegoKipslovakiasteph