Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,247
    Really pleased I caved and bought myself Spinlyn's cavern as a post christmas pressent, even just for the spinlyn figure. I know they aren't to everyones taste but I really like the part built figures.
    Andor
  • JdslaterJdslater Member Posts: 59
    edited December 2014
    So it turns out I may have about £100 in Westfields vouchers to spend at the Lego store.
    Thinking of the advanced TIE and a couple of Troop carriers. Might get a few grey baseplates. Boring I know but they are needed.
    Finished off the Exo Suit and started have ideas about adding to it and making a scene.
    Great model.
    AndorLegoloverman
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    I'm been hitting up the Amazon deals on Brickset. I really want the Police Dropship set from the Lego Movie line, but I don't want to pay 80 bucks for it.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,279
    UCS AT-AT... day 4.

I

(look at picture)

LEGO
    LostInTranslationGothamConstructionCochuckp
    Went into Westford Stratford Lego today. Very busy and it looks like they are getting ready for new stocks. All the top shelfs were empty. Alot of the big sets were out on the shelfs.
    Alot of Batmobiles out there.
    Tried getting baseplates and they had none. CMF13 was on display.
    The assistent said they are getting everything new ready for the 1st and new deliveries on the 2nd for more stock.
    Do they normally do sales at the offical stores?
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 859
    Series 13 on display? Woohoo!
    I really want a few galaxy troopers but it was too busy to stand and fumble bags!

I'll wait for a few weeks and see if I can get some help looking from the staff.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,391
    samiam391 said:

UCS AT-AT... day 4.

I

(look at picture)

LEGO

Lots of shades of white you have there.

• BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 750
    ^You may be right about that acronym...
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 735
    many happy returns, @CapnRex101‌.

TBBOAFOLWSEPWSAAO, hmm catchy :wink:

After slicing the side of my thumb off with a Stanley knife today, my Lego status is "playing with lego is on hiatus" :neutral_face:
    carlq
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    Happy B-day @CapnRex101‌! What did you get? ;)

After slicing the side of my thumb off with a Stanley knife today, my Lego status is "playing with lego is on hiatus" :neutral_face:

Ouch! I've done that way too many times myself.
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792

many happy returns, @CapnRex101‌.

TBBOAFOLWSEPWSAAO, hmm catchy :wink:

Yeowch! >8-0

Nasty! Hope the wound heals quickly, Nick.

Oh, and Harpy Biathdax to you, @CapnRex101‌! :-)
    GothamConstructionCo
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,279
    carlq said:

Oh, and Harpy Biathdax to you, @CapnRex101‌! :-)

@carlq‌ - *birthday (I've never forgotten ;-) )

Happy birthday @CapnRex101‌!
    carlq

After slicing the side of my thumb off with a Stanley knife today...

I'm hoping you were cutting a brick or a plate?

edited December 2014
    @CapnRex101‌ Happy Birthday! Just say you're an FOL.

How many thumbs do you have? @rancorbait‌.

Thanks @carlq‌. last time I answer "can you lay carpet tiles? With "how hard can it be"
    carlqJenni
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    @GothamConstructionCo‌, at least now you know EXACTLY how hard it can be. ;-)
    GothamConstructionCo

How many thumbs do you have? @rancorbait‌.
    Guess I missed the "off" part :P Sometimes I'm surprised I still have thumbs though :)
    carlqcheshirecatGothamConstructionCo
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,281
    @rancorbait‌ - Just the Droid Tri-fighter in terms of LEGO, so nothing enormously impressive. It is one of those sets I want, but not quite enough to spend my own money on it :)

Anyway, thanks for the birthday wishes (and sorry about your thumb @GothamConstructionCo‌)!
    carlqGothamConstructionCo
  • manmythicmanmythic CanadaMember Posts: 22
    Eyeing the Pet Shop. Likely headed to the US on Saturday to pick it up.

Also, happy birthday @CapnRex101! I've been reading your reviews for a while now, good work!
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,626
    I cannot find pictures anywhere of the interior of this LEGO Store:

97 Rue de Richelieu 75002 Paris

Could you guys help me out I would be very interested what the interior looked like since the exterior was not contemporary, well I'm building something...
    edited December 2014
    Adeel Zubair - Best of 2014

Thank you guys for one amazing year on Brickset. On Flickr I currently have 140 followers, I thank you guys for those views, likes and comments. They really helped and pushed me to post more content and I have so much more planned for 2015. Happy New Year!

Adeel
    Adeel Zubair - Best of 2014
    rancorbaitAndorBrickDancerGothamConstructionCochuckplegomatt
    While talking about video games, Lego and movies with my friend that lives in Glasgow. I found out that there is a Cockplay, Boysack and Assloss Scotland. I will try to avoid those places when/if i ever visit ;)
    rancorbaitcarlqchuckpMorkManlegomatt
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,388
    @Adzbadboy‌ That's not a LEGO store. It's a Joue Club which is a French chain of toy stores. This Joue club is set out as a series of themed stores (I believe 9) along a covered breezeway that cuts through the building. The LEGO part is small and cramped and pretty much undecorated. It wasn't something I bothered to photograph.
    Adzbadboy
    Thanks for that, @Pitfall69 XoP

Lol
    Jenni said:

@Adzbadboy‌ That's not a LEGO store. It's a Joue Club which is a French chain of toy stores. This Joue club is set out as a series of themed stores (I believe 9) along a covered breezeway that cuts through the building. The LEGO part is small and cramped and pretty much undecorated. It wasn't something I bothered to photograph.

Thanks @jenni That is not what I was expecting! It's a shame that would make a very cool and unique LEGO Store. It still doesn't stop me using it's as my primary focus for the exterior of the LEGO Store, Modular Building.

WIP pictures for this 'LEGO Store, Modular Building' project can bee found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157646319243991/
    @Adzbadboy‌ it could be lovely but you run into structural constraints with old buildings. I remember that the ceilings were also very low and the various stores were all small and odd shaped. The Paris store is actually outside the périphérique in a mall and looks just like any other medium sized LEGO store.

It would be interesting to build the complex but with more diverse stores.
    edited December 2014
    Jenni said:

@Adzbadboy‌ it could be lovely but you run into structural constraints with old buildings. I remember that the ceilings were also very low and the various stores were all small and odd shaped. The Paris store is actually outside the périphérique in a mall and looks just like any other medium sized LEGO store.

Yeah @Jenni I think I should upload some designs and sketches of possible layouts. May I ask if you could elablorate on the last point please, thanks.
    edited December 2014
    Adzbadboy said:

Jenni said:

Yeah @Jenni I think I should upload some designs and sketches of possible layouts. May I ask if you could elablorate on the last point please, thanks.
    This is very funny. I was trying to do the same project a few months ago and did plenty of research. What you call a "breezeway" is actually an Arcade. Our shop is in a similar Arcade and is pretty old (100 years). I realize the Arcades in Europe are much older, but we have similar architectural constraints. The shops are very small and you cannot modify the space without consulting with the Historical Board.

@Pitfall69 Can't wait for my 'LEGO Brand Store Modular Building' project to finally come together after a good 1-2 years and still counting...

Hopefully your arcade project will too, is their anywhere you are posting WIP updates? Anyway Happy New Year!
    Don't have any projects posted :( I need to find the time.
    @Pitfall69‌ I remembered the word arcade later, was trying to think of how to describe it. I grew up with arcades but there's only one in Nashville and I haven't been downtown for years. You really do lose words you don't use, or at least I do :)

I was very sure there were structural or historical constraints as there is no reason to leave them in such state otherwise.
    Andorcarlq
    ^Yes, most Historical Buildings don't work well with today's standards, but they also go by a different set of codes.
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648

So now I have turned 19 years old, what do I call myself: a TFOL? An AFOL? A *TBBOAFOLWSEPWSAAO?

Whatever I am, I'm a FOL :)

* That's Teenage But Bordering On Adult Fan Of LEGO Who Still Enjoys Playing With Sets At Any Opportunity. I'm not sure that the term will catch on to be honest...

Nice! I'm 20 soon to be 21 but I don't really feel like being an adult yet! Can I be a NYRTBAAFOL? (Not-yet-ready-to-be-an-adult fan of LEGO?)
    AndorJenni
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    Dear Lego,

Happy New Year! Please fix our beloved [email protected] website.

Yours sincerely,
    Lego fans everywhere
    GoldJonoLostInTranslationAdzbadboyMatthew
    Lego_Star said:

Dear Lego,

Yours sincerely,
    Lego fans everywhere

...and restock all your products!
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,724
    Adzbadboy said:

Lego_Star said:

Dear Lego,

Yours sincerely,
    Lego fans everywhere

...and restock all your products!
    ...even the ones you've sold out of and don't make anymore.
    Adzbadboy
    Stratford store
    Andor
    Saw 2 people buying Slave 1. They looked happy.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    Hm, Birds is there. I wonder when that will show up on [email protected]!
    edited January 2015
    I met up with @Huw at the Brighton store this morning and I think it is fair to say that I made a purchase...

BumblepantsrancorbaitcarlqAdzbadboyDrmnezBuriedinBricksAndorGothamConstructionCochuckp
  • rdflegordflego in a world of his ownMember Posts: 324
    Damn, my mobile broke just after Christmas which means my Lego money is going towards a new phone instead of any new sets. Here's hoping that DO is in stock in February.

I met up with @Huw at the Brighton store this morning and I think it is fair to say that I made a purchase...

Did you get the Star Wars ploybag as well? You did purchase plenty of Star Wars. I don't see it anywhere :P

@Adzbadboy‌ - It was not available in Brighton, so I presume it is not in Europe yet. I asked and the staff member said that it was not available this month in the UK, so perhaps we will see it in February.
    edited January 2015
    Thanks, the US always gets the better promos and sales :/

That means no LEGO Friends ploybag either...three promos would've been sweet :/
  • AndorAndor United StatesMember Posts: 252
    Am baffled that the fact all the 2015 sets a shown as 'out of stock' on LEGO.com

I hope no one trips over that lot. :smile:
    Adzbadboyrancorbaitcarlq
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,724

I hope no one trips over that lot. :smile:
    Or needs the toilet .
    GothamConstructionCorancorbaitBrikingcarlq
    ^ It's just a cupboard actually, but I have moved it now anyway, all over the floor in the lounge :)
    GothamConstructionCorancorbait