Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

2014 Brickset Secret Santa

Comments

• Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    I would love to thank my secret santa for the amazing book. Beautiful LEGO 2. I was blown away by the book. It's both inspiring and intimidating. Awesome gift.
    LegoKipLostInTranslationGothamConstructionCoEKSamcarlqMrs_WobbleheadrancorbaitAndorkiki180703
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Did everyone except @Kempo81 receive their presents?
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,652
    ^ No. Now according to the tracking they have decided that Coppell Texas is where my package should be headed. Granted it is my fault it has the wrong ZIP on it, but you wouldn't think it would be that hard for someone to actually read the entire address and see the correct city name and think it might be a good idea to send it there once it bounced back. Side note, the guy who answers the phone at the Coppell office would only interrupt me and tell me who I should be calling instead. It seems like everyone is keen to pass the buck to someone else. Yay for government run organizations. (Also not really that upset by it, mostly amused but also really anxious for more Lego)
    Andor
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 541
    Yes indeed, thanks very much for organising it this year!
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    edited December 2014
    ^ & ^^^ Absolutely! Top notch job, chaps!
    Andor
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,509
    LegoKip said:

I'd hoped my recipient would post on here but nary a word.
    A great deal of the fun for me is reading giftees' reactions -- oh, and seeing photos of their presents.
    Maybe we'll hear from more participants in the coming days?

A great big Thank You to our organizers -- @rancorbait‌ and @CapnRex101‌ well done!

Also kudos to @Huw‌ for hosting this event.

Mine has posted, they seemed pretty happy.
    rancorbaitLegoKip
    LegoKip said:

I'd hoped my recipient would post on here but nary a word.

There are some people who participated in Secret Santa that are pretty much forum lurkers rather than participants. Not sure how I feel about that as like you said, it's nice to see the gifts and read about people buying and receiving their gifts. But on the other hand I don't want to make people feel unwelcome.
    LegoKipLostInTranslationMrs_WobbleheadTheBrickLaddpricey73
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 853
    ~~~
    How are we doing the reveals this year? I'm sure my Santee knows who her their Santa was...
  • LegoKipLegoKip A cottage by the sea, California, US Member Posts: 259
    @MorkMan‌ She's lucky, too! Such a crafty guy you are.
    MorkManAndor
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    ^^I'm in the same boat as @LegoKip‌ - my Santee has yet to acknowledge opening, so I'm loathe to announce who it is in case they haven't opened it yet/hate it so much they can't bear to show what they got. :-(
    pricey73LostInTranslationMrs_WobbleheadmargotLegoKip
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    Mine has posted, quite content with the response and as far as I know I left no clue as to my identity. Enough for me...
    LostInTranslationpricey73
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936

Mine has posted, quite content with the response and as far as I know I left no clue as to my identity. Enough for me...

I deliberately revealed my identity in the note I put in the bottom! I wasn't sure what the protocol was, and in other ones I've done we've always revealed. Still, probably doesn't matter...
    Andor
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    I had to reveal my identity aswell due to unforseen delivery problems....hehe
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,500

Same here! :-)
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,652
    Thanos75 said:

I had to reveal my identity aswell due to unforseen delivery problems....hehe

Well I am sure I will like whatever it is just fine when it finally turns up. If it doesn't get here before the 1st it might have to wait in line behind the Detective Office to get built though :smile:

AndorcarlqLostInTranslationpricey73
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,807
    Waw, this all looks like so much fun. I love Secret Santa, was cool to see how people made such an effort! I hope I can join in next year :-)
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,947
    I don't think I've been rumbled yet, and I can't think of any clues that would be subtle enough to not give the game away immediately! :)
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,110
    I'd love to know who my secret Santa was so I can thank them directly...my gifts were awesome and unexpected.
    LostInTranslationcarlqGothamConstructionCoMrs_Wobbleheadpricey73
  • brickedinbrickedin London, UKMember Posts: 435
    ^likewise and theres always the chance you can help them out in the future. Incidentally my secret santa has already helped me out with a deal spotted today.......;)
    GothamConstructionCopricey73
  • DanGPDanGP UKMember Posts: 66
    Many thanks to @plasmodium for the polybags. It's good to finally cross them off the list. The bag of loose pieces was also much appreciated. Who doesn't love rummaging through a bag of those. It sounds as though the recipient of my gift is happy as well so it's all worked out beautifully.
    plasmodiumcarlqGothamConstructionCorancorbaitLostInTranslationMrs_Wobbleheadpricey73
  • BritcomBritcom Member Posts: 28
    Thank you so much to my secret Santa, I feel so spoilt and wasn't expecting so much! I will definitely be joining in again next year, it was lots of fun.
    Mrs_Wobbleheadpricey73carlqLostInTranslationLegoKip
    @Britcom, what did you receive? How about a photo?
    pricey73MorkMan
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    @shib, it was me ;) hope you liked the personalised Keyring :)
    ShibmargotcarlqLegoKipGothamConstructionCo
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,110
    edited December 2014
    @TheBrickLadd‌ - literally three days before opening it my joker keyring broke! Absolutely loved the whole lot. Thank you so much!
    TheBrickLaddcarlqGothamConstructionCo
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,263
    I would be interested to hear who my Secret Santa was if they are willing to come forward. Whoever it was, they did a great job so thanks to them!
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    No worries @Shib‌

Thanks very much to @GothamConstructionCo‌ for my gifts. I built the city set and it was taken off of me within 5secs by my son.

I will certainly be adding the little shed to my city layout as soon as the shed actually gets finished!

:)
    LegoKipGothamConstructionCo
  • Mrs_WobbleheadMrs_Wobblehead UKMember Posts: 22
    @pricey73‌ and I just want to wish all the secret santa's out there a happy new year - we look forward to meeting up with you again next year :smiley:
    rancorbaitLegoKipLostInTranslationGothamConstructionCo
    @Mrs_Wobblehead, Loved your photos, and you got great gifts! What exactly was that Lego tin that you got?
    LostInTranslation
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850

I would be interested to hear who my Secret Santa was if they are willing to come forward. Whoever it was, they did a great job so thanks to them!

I know who it was ;) But I don't think I want to tell you.... :P
    carlqLegoKipGothamConstructionCoCapnRex101Adzbadboy

• LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,500
    @rancorbait‌ - were those duplicate posts accidental or were you just trying to wind up CapnRex? :-)

@CapnRex101 - I'll step forward and identify myself as your Secret Santa. I'm really glad you like the gifts. The significance of the 2x2 tile is that I had to empty out a box of loose parts to send your gift in and I think said tile must have got caught in the flaps of the box by mistake :-)
    carlqCapnRex101GothamConstructionCoLegoKiprancorbaitAdzbadboychuckpbrickedinsnowhitie
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,034
    ^Worth the wait methinks
    kempo81
  • kempo81kempo81 Wiltshire, UKMember Posts: 961
    ^ Absolutely worth the wait!
    @LostInTranslation‌ - Thanks Lucy! I wondered about that tile for a few days and thought I must be missing something :)
    rancorbaitcarlq
  • LegoKipLegoKip A cottage by the sea, California, US Member Posts: 259
    @kempo81‌ Regarding your hand in the photo: nice personal touch and very appropriate. I think we all just breathed a sigh of relief.

Happy New Year to all the Secret Santas / Santees!
    rancorbaitkempo81carlqpricey73
    edited January 2015

@rancorbait‌ - were those duplicate posts accidental or were you just trying to wind up CapnRex? :-)

@CapnRex101 - I'll step forward and identify myself as your Secret Santa. I'm really glad you like the gifts. The significance of the 2x2 tile is that I had to empty out a box of loose parts to send your gift in and I think said tile must have got caught in the flaps of the box by mistake :-)

I have no idea why any of those three posts are there....

Sorry Chris, I couldn't resist poking at you a bit ;)
    ^ Don't worry Amos, next time I have an opportunity to irritate you I will make sure to take that chance! ;)
    rancorbaitGothamConstructionCo

^ Don't worry Amos, next time I have an opportunity to irritate you I will make sure to take that chance! ;)

Go right ahead :)
    GothamConstructionCoCapnRex101
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 893
    Can we start questing who our secret Santa is?

I'm guessing..... @theLEGOman by virtue of he was tracking the parcel all the way and mine arrived Royal Mail special delivery.

Photo of my both my Lego Christmas present enjoying their time together!
    brickedinGothamConstructionCochuckpiso3200snowhitie
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,509
    Not me.