Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

40148-1: Year of the Sheep

klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 725
Will this be released in the US? I find it very charming.
Andor

Comments

• alijoezacalijoezac UK, NottinghamMember Posts: 533
    Ditto the UK and me too! Any ideas where to source one from internationally?
    dragon114
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,764
    Such a shame that they didn't continue what they started with the year of the snake set.
    iamterryDaraghkhmellymel
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,918
    edited December 2014
    If I do manage to snag some of these, I wonder if it is a fair trade 1:1 for either the Billund Airport or LEGO House set.

Hopefully they are quite low in price, since my year of the snake set cost $70 CDN after conversion from Chinese Yuan.
  • iamterryiamterry Member Posts: 163
    CCC said:

Such a shame that they didn't continue what they started with the year of the snake set.

Yeah, I was rather disappointed too, my Chinese side of the family were thinking that would have been something to give me on our annual trips back there! Don't know if I'll be back in time to easily pick this up.

Mind I got my #10250 off taobao late on in that year for pretty much RRP, so maybe I'll be able to do the same with this one.
  • thehornedratthehornedrat Member Posts: 86
    edited December 2014
    Hmmm, looks like its made from generic parts, Heck I can make one right now! Doesn't look as elaborate as the Snake set, which even came with a Lego branded sorting container. such a pity. I'm not sure if I should just collect one for collections' sake.

Addit: also, look at the tiger polybag. Made similarly.
  • iamterryiamterry Member Posts: 163
    It looks like the really unique piece of this set will be the hóngbāo / 'red envelope'.
  • ChgoMattChgoMatt USAMember Posts: 108
    I just remembered this. Instructions are available.
    http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/6114224.pdf
    klatu003khmellymel
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 845
    There are loads of these available in Malaysia. Just check out ebay or something. I've seen people who've hoarded dozens of boxes from all the purchases they made.
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,292
    ^Really?  SWEET!  This might be the year that he goes back for a family visit, I'll see if he can snag me one!
  • CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547
    I was recently in malaysia and wasn't able to find one. Toys r us had them at the start of the year as a promo but the ones I went to in kuala lumpur were sold out. I see bricklink has a bunch from Malaysia and Indonesia. 
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,209
    ^ Looks like there is no Year of the Horse from last year?

I suppose we need to wait 11 years to see if they correct that oversight!
    SumoLego said:
    ^ Looks like there is no Year of the Horse from last year?

I suppose we need to wait 11 years to see if they correct that oversight!
    So far Lego only released the snake and sheep. Maybe they only like animals starting with the letter 'S'?

^Really?  SWEET!  This might be the year that he goes back for a family visit, I'll see if he can snag me one!
    You'll have to get them off resellers because the promo ended a while back. But lots of people are selling their spares, so if you check the local ebay or bricklink you should be able to find some.
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,318
    Hope that by time the next year of the Dragon rolls around, TLG will still be doing these & have wider distribution...
    xiahna
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,292
    Er, by he, I meant my dad... good gosh I hate typing on my phone.

I was recently in malaysia and wasn't able to find one. Toys r us had them at the start of the year as a promo but the ones I went to in kuala lumpur were sold out. I see bricklink has a bunch from Malaysia and Indonesia. 
    Ah, too bad, though most of my fam is from KK so maybe there's hope...

Jern92 said:
    You'll have to get them off resellers because the promo ended a while back. But lots of people are selling their spares, so if you check the local ebay or bricklink you should be able to find some.
    Hope crushed!  But all good haha... man, sometimes I do love eBay/Bricklink...