Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Knowing what to collect. What not to collect.

zyotezyote Member Posts: 16
Hello, for a number of years i had only collected the Collectable Minifigures line. Then when the Lego Movie came out, i started collecting every regular boxed set, every promo, polybag, minifigure, etc. Then i went back and got some of my old Star Wars sets out of storage, and am starting to collect the minifigures across the SW line.

I'm curious how others deal with picking, and choosing what to collect, and what not to collect. This hobby gets expensive. Where do you draw the line? What are some good ways to break up larger themes like Star Wars, and collect only a subset of the entire thing?

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,515
    I collect what I find interesting.

For example, I collect SW sets, but only the original trilogy sets, and then only things I find interesting.

I have owned every CMF in the past, except S13 and Mr Gold, but decided about S7 to collect only ones I like, rather than all of them. And sold off / traded earlier ones I no longer wanted.
    bobabricks
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,695
    edited December 2014
    Seriously? SW, just buy what you like. You don't stand a chance otherwise - many have tried and failed. There's too much, and if you do go for it all, you will only step back one day, look at all and question what you were thinking at the time with a deep feeling of regret.

Me, I go for UCS large sets and anything else I like the look of that has something to do with the OT (which isn't much).
    zyotepharmjodCrownieicey117
  • zyotezyote Member Posts: 16
    CCC said:

I collect what I find interesting.

For example, I collect SW sets, but only the original trilogy sets, and then only things I find interesting.

I have owned every CMF in the past, except S13 and Mr Gold, but decided about S7 to collect only ones I like, rather than all of them. And sold off / traded earlier ones I no longer wanted.

My father is a stamp collector his whole life, so i'm assuming i got the collector gene from him. Problem for me is i often aim for completeness. So for my CMF collection, i have every single one (even Mr Gold) except for 850458-1 which just had a slight variant of color.

Being a completest in the SW range will be deadly...
    Legoboy said:

Seriously? SW, just buy what you like. You don't stand a chance otherwise - many have tried and failed. There's too much, and if you do go for it all, you will only step back one day, look at all and question what you were thinking at the time with a deep feeling of regret.

I had considered trying to do small subsets like the Rebels line. Since it's new and i can get in at retail prices, and i like the design of the sets. But it's hard to know where it would end.

I'm curious if there are other people here who try to complete certain ranges/subsets?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,515
    I collect other things (cigarette and tobacco cards, postcards, cameras, football memorabilia), and am a completist where it makes sense. If something is open ended, or there is a lot of things I don't enjoy and only some that give me pleasure, then there is little point being completist just for the sake of it. If I like 75% of a series and the other 25% is not too difficult or expensive, I'll probably buy all of it. If I only like 25%, I only go for the 25%.
    zyote
  • PeteMPeteM Gallifrey (near Bristol)Member Posts: 397
    Generally, like the others, my criteria is 'stuff I like' and that works pretty well. For a while I also flirted with 'stuff that is cheap', but that was more variable - on the upside, a spontaneous purchase of a reduced price #9466 opened my eyes to the charms of the wider Monster Fighters line; whereas I still regret buying #79119, even for 50% off...

I admire the completists and feel the odd tug in that direction occasionally, before the fear of going broke and just lack of mental discipline distracts me :-)
    zyoteAndor
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,096
    I'm staying away from buying clearance Lego and dinky sets anymore. I was able to flip a few sets this Christmas, but I'm not sure it's worth the storage and minor financial stress. I'm going to start selling off a large portion of my collection this winter and stick to few key sets that I've enjoyed since I got into this hobby.
    brickupdateThirdBuckEyeyys4u
    I grew a little bored of the CMF lines, but then the movie came out and it gave story/context to a lot of the random figures i had collected. Like the clowns dancing around batman with glow sticks. So i liked CMF a whole lot more.

My problem is i love minifigures. Often buying sets just for them.

Of course, there have been some amazing sets that i love too, like MetalBeard's Sea Cow, Benny's Spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP!, and the Mini Cooper MK-VII. But mostly i just want the minifigures.
    AndorbrickupdateTheBigLegoskiyys4u
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    @zyote Minifigures are nice because they are easy to display, and if you had to put them in storage for a period of time, they wouldn't take up much room. Like you, the bigger "challenge" I have is for a set like MetaBeard's Sea Cow, which I try to ignore, because it is just so amazing. No room for it here, so I don't want to temp myself. Same with so many other sets - Simpson's House, Ewok Village, Sandcrawler, Death Star. I will likely buy a death star again in the future, I used to own FOUR of them before unloading the collection.
    Andorzyote

@zyote Minifigures are nice because they are easy to display, and if you had to put them in storage for a period of time, they wouldn't take up much room. Like you, the bigger "challenge" I have is for a set like MetaBeard's Sea Cow, which I try to ignore, because it is just so amazing. No room for it here, so I don't want to temp myself. Same with so many other sets - Simpson's House, Ewok Village, Sandcrawler, Death Star. I will likely buy a death star again in the future, I used to own FOUR of them before unloading the collection.

FOUR Death Stars! – Did the rebels keep blowing them up?

I want one of those, and definitely have one on the horizon as long as i can get it before it sells out. MetalBeard's Sea Cow is probably my favorite set of all time. It's just such a comical fun beautiful build. Just when you think the ship isn't gonna get any taller, they add another layer to build! 10/10 in my mind.
    AndorLegoKipRenegade007cjhsnowhitie
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    @zyote I kept getting deals on them. Two of them I got for $200 a piece in some strange once in a lifetime mixup with Toys R Us. The other two, I think I paid somewhere around $300 each for them.

Now you have me looking more closely at the Sea Cow - I'm trying to resist!!!
    Andor
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,322
    One thng I like about Lego is it combines other interest if mine. I love Lord of the Rings so I bought most pf those and the Hobbit sets. I also love history so I have quite a few history themed minifigures. The movie sets were neat too, but I didn't get them all. Suooerheroes are what I'm looking forward to this year.
    zyotemanmythicAndoricey117
    I was collecting every set/promo/poly for LoTR/Hobbit, but then the Tower of Orthanc set came out which was a little too big for me to justify keeping going on the theme as i didn't like it as much as i'd originally.

Lego Movie was so awesome i wanted everything. Including _all_ the background characters too. Some i had to make/build myself from other parts. (Like the Duplo aliens, MetalBeards Pirate Crew). I think i'll keep collecting this theme entirely for the time being. seeing as i'm pretty much complete at the mo.

Lego Ideas/Cuusoo was something else i was collecting, but since i've missed the Shinkai 6500 Submarine and i'm not prepared to pay eBay pricing on it, i'm gonna just get the ones i really like now.

Star Wars is just always gonna be an interest of mine, and with the new movie, it'll only grow again. I think i'm going to have to set some boundaries for this theme like you all have suggested here. Buying only the ones i really like, and then perhaps picking up individual minifigures i like from bricklink or eBay.

Thanks so much for all the great comments so far. Really enjoy hearing how you all pick/choose what to collect.

LegoKip
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,322
    ^I've been staying away from Star Wars because I know once I buy my first set it will be a slippery slope I will never break away from. :smiley:
    zyoteAngel_C
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,871
    I mainly buy what I like. As has been said though, that can be a real problem when you like EVERYTHING. I have something from just about every theme. I used to have all the Star Wars sets about 12-13 years ago. However, once they started rehashing stuff, it was an easy decision for me to just sell the stuff that had gotten valuable and only buy the iconic sets I really wanted.
    zyoteAngel_C
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 987
    Again, just buy what you like....and then buy 2 of each! :)
    Andormargot
    ryjay said:

Again, just buy what you like....and then buy 2 of each! :)

2 of each! ha.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    I buy what I like. The only problem is a like a lot of stuff!
    Andor
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    I collect OT SW, with a couple of cool PT ones(Duel on Geonosis, Palpatine's Arrest), and Superheroes. And then of course a few other ones that I find either awesome(Ghostbusters, VW Camper Van) or nostalgic(Delorean). It just really depends on what I can afford, mostly.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,260
    I learned my lesson that you cannot always 'get it all' with the #4999 Vestas Windmill that LEGO refused to sell outside of Vestas (but yet it seemed many employees/friends on employees were doing just that prolifically on eBay). After that, it really drove home the point to me that I will not get all of the sets I want to collect.
    I also avoid SW line and have since about 02-03. Why buy a set only to see it remade (sometimes for the better, sometimes not) in a year or two? It is not like you can sell your old one for anything after getting the new one, and do you really want to keep multiples of the same set?
    My guess is that DC and Marvel lines will likely be the same way as SW now (at least the Marvel line as it is Disney now).
    I only collect City/Train, creator and the Creator exclusives (like mods, Winter sets, and the special trains and now the amusement park sets) and even then I do not always grab every city set (typically I avoid Police and Fire as again they make new stuff every year, usually better than the last as well).

Ultimately I have found you buy what you really want or think you may want in the future. (Otherwise, as an example, see all of the people lamenting they should have bought the Fire Brigade, Grand Emporium, Town hall, or Haunted house even though they could, but did not initially want to). Try to buy on sale (those sets that can be had on sale anyway) or stack those sets that cannot be on sale ever with promos from LEGO (ie double points and giveaways like mini sets or polybags), this helps with the cost dramatically. I love LEGO but lets face it, if I can get that train set for 25%-30% off of RRP then Ill go where it is being sold (usually Amazon)

Also have no regrets about missing a set if you do. If you are a diehard completion-ist (i.e. you MUST have everything in a theme/line) and are collecting LEGO then you will have likely nights of cold sweats when you miss out on sets like Ole Kirk's house, and the other special LEGO tour sets (like the landing strip and the latest tour train set), or special LEGO company sets -like the #4999- and what not.
    I really wish I could get those sets, but at the end of the day I know I will not as I will not pay that kind of money for those sets.
    Angel_Czyote
  • yuffieyuffie Member Posts: 91
    The only line I really collect is the Collectable Minifigures (it's almost like that's what they were designed for).

I did try to get every Lego Movie set including the promo stuff. However, as expected Lego 'released' sets that are so hard to get hold off (the SDCC Unikitty, the Cinema set) that it made completing the line impossible unless you are prepared to spend silly money on ebay.

To my mind this is the case with every line so it makes 'collecting' as such a futile excercise. Therefore I only buy sets that I want to build now.
    zyote
  • meandonlymemeandonlyme Member Posts: 16
    I collect...
    - UCS sets.
    - Modulars buildings.
    - Some creator expert sets.
    - A few sets that don't fall into any of the previous categories.
    zyote
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,615
    I try and collect Super Heroes (based on movies), Minecraft, Modular Buildings, LEGO Ideas and The LEGO Movie sets and any other sets that catch my eye, they tend to be larger models. My budget is an average of £300-400 each year so you can see I cannot get everything from the collections above as LEGO releases so many great sets it's hard to chose what to buy.
    zyote
  • weaselkingweaselking Member Posts: 61
    I'll echo what many have said--you can not keep up with everything. Collect what catches your eye, plain and simple. Ask ten people what sets specifically they go after, and you'll get ten different answers.
    madforLEGOzyote
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,166
    After coming out of the dark ages 7 years ago I started collecting Star Wars. I dabbled at other themes like Castle, Pirates and City. I tried other themes, but the sets that captured me are the Modular Buildings. The sets provide a home for my City vehicles, collectible minifiures and citizens, trains to run around and my Super Heroes (both DC and Marvel) to protect. I also collect animals in hopes to populate a proper zoo. Since space is a constraint I have decided to sell off old sets to make room for new interesting sets. Part of the joy of Lego is building and if I have to sell some old sets at a slight loss I still feel like I have made out from having the opportunity to play with and assemble them. Sets that are not worth selling used go to my kids to augment their brick library.

Collecting is different for everyone and likely evolves as your taste changes. I only buy a few Star Wars now and am a complete collector of Super Heroes and Collectible Minifigures (at least that is the goal for now). On the fence with my Hobbit LOTR collection.
    zyote
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I will agree, buy what you like. Extremely difficult for people like me with varied interests. Sales are great, but not every set will be put on a sale. And even if it were, there is no guarantee you'd find the set OR have money in your account for the set at that moment. Sometimes it gets spent elsewhere, especially with having a family. This hobby is difficult at times.

I currently like collecting minifigures as well, and usually buy sets just for the minifigures (if it is cheaper that way). Usually it is cheaper instead of buying all of the figures online. They tend to have a high mark-up also. So it can be frustrating.

The CMF are neat, but my interest has been draining the last few series. Do I continue to buy complete sets with the price hike? It's a tough decision. I am far less into army building than I used to be though, mostly because of the price hike and the designs haven't been army builder potential for what I would want.

I have all of the Hobbit/LOTR sets and would love more, but I know the theme is done. I have a fair amount of Super Heroes, which will continue to grow. I don't particularly care for most of the sets, but the figures are looking great. But then I start to think maybe I don't need to pick up EVERY figure. There are a lot I don't even know who they are or care about (USM mostly). Movie or comic based are preferrable, but if the figure looks cool, I want it. I have a handful of SW sets (mostly the iconic ships) and the main cast, but even then they keep updating them to look better and better...it's tough. And I know 2015 won't be easy with all of the great sets that are coming out.

To go back to the original question, how does one CHOOSE?
    zyote
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 462
    I limit myself to only buying sets that I like the look of and/or want the bricks of. Unfortunately that means my collection will never be complete.
    zyote
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,260
    edited December 2014
    Sethro3 said:

To go back to the original question, how does one CHOOSE?

Choosing is not hard IMO. Was not hard for me anyway. Buy want you want. There is no 'need' here people, it is a toy. So buy what you want but I will say this: Commit to that decision. If you do not then you will likely be lamenting that you did not buy something long gone later.

Also asking people how to choose is a bit silly IMO as you are going to get many different answers and we cannot see what is in someones head (how are we going to know what someone in a forum really likes?). Again you buy what you want. If you want it all, then buy it all (it is not our money anyway). It is all on the individual on how to choose, not a forum of many random people (mostly strangers to many).
    zyoteBuriedinBrickssnowhitie
  • monkeymonkey Member Posts: 234
    edited December 2014
    I collect what I like. Some are real life icons (Emerald Night, Sopwith Camel, Mars Discovery Rover), some related to books/movies I like (Harry Potter, Toy Story, Sponge Bob, LOTR and Hobbit, Avengers, Indiana Jones), some I just like for no other reason (whole Monster fighters theme, including one of my most favourite sets ever Hunted House).

Absolutely not into modulars - if I do buy them it is only for cheap nice coloured bricks (dark tan in Palace cinema, sand blue in Pet shop, etc). Same with other discounted things, if I see the bricks I like and if price per brick is cheap, I'll buy it no matter what it is.
    zyote
    Wow. so many comments here now! Thank you all so much. I really appreciate hearing your own collecting stories, the things you like to buy, the things you don't. It's helped persuade me to not worry so much about being a completist, since it's mostly nigh on impossible. Especially with the Star Wars minifigures, that i was beginning to crave a complete collection of.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    edited December 2014
    ^It's still not yet futile for SW figs, depends on how you categorize them. If you break up the theme into sub-categories you still have a chance to start and complete some sub-themes.

Yellow-era = 90 figs
    Flesh-era = 111 figs

Color-era:
    Prequel Trilogy = 65 figs
    Original Trilogy = 152 figs
    Clone Wars = 107 figs
    EU = 17 figs
    Yoda Chronicles = 9 figs
    Rebels = 6 figs
    Promos = 24 figs

*Numbers are from 1999-2014

This considers all the figs that have been cataloged by BL with unique sw#. However, this does contain those figs that are only minorly different due to gear or armor selection (think Clones and Troopers), so you might be able to trim these numbers back a bit further.
    zyotechuckpAdzbadboysnowhitie

^It's still not yet futile for SW figs, depends on how you categorize them. If you break up the theme into sub-categories you still have a chance to start and complete some sub-themes.

Yellow-era = 90 figs
    Flesh-era = 111 figs

Color-era:
    Clone Wars = 107 figs
    EU = 17 figs
    Yoda Chronicles = 9 figs
    Rebels = 6 figs
    Promos = 24 figs

This considers all the figs that have been cataloged by BL with unique sw#. However, this does contain those figs that are only minorly different due to gear or armor selection (think Clones and Troopers), so you might be able to trim these numbers back a bit further.

Thanks for such a detailed look at SW in particular. Makes it seem more possible to pick just one or two of those. I think avoiding the Promos would be mandatory from the get-go. I don't know much about the EU characters, so thats another easy one to drop. Clones wars has a lot of ugly figures, so i could drop that too.

Still, it is a lot even if i just stick with official movie ones. As other's have said here, i think it might be a lost cause now. There is just so much.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,695

Yellow-era = 90 figs
    Flesh-era = 111 figs

Color-era:
    Clone Wars = 107 figs
    EU = 17 figs
    Yoda Chronicles = 9 figs
    Rebels = 6 figs
    Promos = 24 figs

Oh my. I have just come to realise I know very little about SW lego.
    zyotePitfall69
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    Just buy things you find cool. I buy LSW if the set is
    1. cool looking
    2. contains rare/army builder/other interesting minifigs
    3. fairly priced in my opinion
    4. from an interesting subtheme
    5. retiring soon
    6. not too similar with the ones I have already
    7. great for display/MOCs/brickfilms
    zyote
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    It's a question that only ourselves can really determine. It's all about your budget and what is really important to you. You've got to be realistic about your goals.

Personally, I don't have much of a "completist" mindset, so that spares me a ton of space/money. I also don't go wild for minfigs like many people seem to. I mainly just collect sets that strike me as interesting. I also try to go big, over quantity. I'd way rather have a giant UCS-type set than 5 random smaller sets.

zyotehoundoggie
  • EddieDoesntMindEddieDoesntMind Member Posts: 329
    You know, people say it's much cheaper to "buy what you like", but there's so many great set, that I can barely afford a portion of them!

I collect Super Hero minifigures. I buy whatever sets I think look like nice builds, and just get the others on BL, and trades. I also buy whatever seems cool from themes I like a lot, like city, Ideas, and TMNT.
    zyote
  • manmythicmanmythic CanadaMember Posts: 22
    I usually just buy buy buy whatever I can, but that has worn thin pretty quickly. My 2015 New Year's resolution is to limit myself to one big set per year and only buy small sets when I can afford them (small budget, small LEGO room). I'm not loyal to any one theme, but I do like the minifigure-scale sets more as they tend to be easier to store.
    zyoteempire
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,096
    Odindusk said:

I also try to go big, over quantity. I'd way rather have a giant UCS-type set than 5 random smaller sets.

I agree, but those damn little sets make impulse buying so easy. For example I was at Target tonight and they had all of the new Star Wars sets. I don't really collect the small Star Wars sets but that new Shadow Troopers battle pack was really tempting.
    zyotemargot
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    Aye, true. Especially when the shelves are full of new sets. Everything looks shiny and great.
    binaryeyezyote
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    mathew said:

I agree, but those damn little sets make impulse buying so easy. For example I was at Target tonight and they had all of the new Star Wars sets. I don't really collect the small Star Wars sets but that new Shadow Troopers battle pack was really tempting.

I'm not going to be able to resist the new impulse LEGO movie sets. Angry Kitty and Double Decker Couch are coming home, as soon as I see them in store.
    AndorzyoteSirBenRainstorm26
  • empireempire BC, CanadaMember Posts: 43
    I make it easy and just collect sets that appeal to me. Only have so much room on my shelf for everything, not to mention the cost. It's always good to have a good sense of what you want, makes avoiding those impulse buys easier, too many times i've ended up blowing money on sets that I ended up not liking.
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    right now my focus is stuff tat will fit in my city and mini-figures
  • CrownieCrownie WA StateMember Posts: 228

For awhile I collected what felt like everything. Last year, because of a move, I got rid of 95% of it. Now, my collection has firm boundaries: what can be displayed in a single IKEA Ivar shelf.

What I collect:
    1. Modular buildings
    2. Superhero minifigures (displayed among the modulars)
    3. A few other sets I really enjoy: DeLorean, Ghostbusters, the big R2D2, Simpsons minifigs, VW Bus

Everything else just doesn't fit. I'd love to buy so many other sets, but I don't want to get into the situation I was in before: becoming a LEGO warehouse for sets I can never find the time or space to build.

Best advice ever. Thank you. I miss the days when my Grandparents' single LEGO set #580-1 was all I needed to be entertained for hours. (Of course, then I was playing, not displaying, lol.)
  • NinjaGaidenNinjaGaiden Member Posts: 6
    Hi guys, my name is NinjaGaiden, and I'm a LEGO addict.

I've tried setting parameters about what I will or will not buy, but unfortunately I don't have the discipline to stick to my own rules. Maybe by putting this in "print", I will hold myself more accountable... haha...

That being said, I only truly collect SW and LOTR/Hobbit for myself. I try to limit my purchases to UCS SW sets, with the occasional purchase of what I think "looks cool" from the OT. This ambiguity is what gets me in trouble. But I do force myself to give it a few days, if not weeks, to think about it, rather than purchase on impulse. The worse part is that I just got into SW sets recently, so I'm having to purchase some stuff after-market, which can get pricey obviously.

I've collected every LOTR/Hobbit set, minus the comic convention one-offs. LOTR is what got me back into LEGO after not playing with them since I was a kid. Part of me is glad this line is done, though I wish more was done with Gondor. So moving forward, in theory, I'm only buying SW.

The rest of my purchases are typically for my son, which ranges all over the place, and honestly take up the majority of our purchases. Ninjago, Chima, Superheroes, more SW, etc. So even though I have my own rule of only buying SW, I break it all the time, using my son as an excuse!
  • icey117icey117 DenmarkMember Posts: 503
    Try this thought for a second: your house burns down, and ensurance pays you for all your lost LEGO set. Given the chance to buy them again at RSP, How many of them would you actually buy again?

For me: less than 1/3. :-)
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,404
    ^ Pretty much all of them twice.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,435
    I buy everything BUT Friends.

;p

As a reforming sports card collector, I understand the "completist" feeling.

If it is THAT overwhelming of a feeling, stick to a series/line and NEVER deviate.

You have been warned...
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,356
    icey117 said:

Try this thought for a second: your house burns down, and ensurance pays you for all your lost LEGO set. Given the chance to buy them again at RSP, How many of them would you actually buy again?

For me: less than 1/3. :-)

oldtodd33 said:

^ Pretty much all of them twice.

"e" before "i" except before n? Wait....how does that go?

No way I buy just 1/3 of what I have. I may not buy everything twice like @oldtodd33, but I would certainly buy 85% of them over again and many twice; Like CC, GG and UCS MF :)

I bet less than 5% of Lego enthusiasts, such as ourselves, have our collection insured.

• IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,088
    edited January 2015
    While so many of you like the new stuff (although it does get overwhelming when your storage/display space is limited).... in the last couple of months one group of LEGO parts that have been getting a lot of attention on Bricklink and Ebay is LEGO test and marbled bricks mainly 2x4 bricks.

These date from the 1950s, 1960s and even 1970s.... from Billund Denmark, Oslo Norway, Leverkusen (Bayer) Germany, Ludwigshaven (BASF) Germany, Wrexham Wales, Grangemouth Scotland, and Loveland Colorado USA.

The recent interest in these has been remarkable, with some examples, such as this 1950 beauty... selling for up to $100...

I just reopened an old thread that I started last September... due to the sudden appearance of some beautiful LEGO bricks that came to light from Scotland, Wales and Colorado USA... with an interesting history that I am currently researching...

Well one thing about collecting 2x4 bricks.... they don't require a lot of storage space!

I'll be posting more info and images on that Marbled Bricks thread in case anyone is interested in those unique and beautiful historic bricks.

Now back to your "new stuff".... ;-)