Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[USA] TRU BOGO 50% - Dec 13-14

sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
edited December 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
You knew they couldn't go more than a few days without one... Toys R Us, Buy One Get One 50% Off. Dec. 13-14 only. Excludes Super Heroes, Dino, Ninjago Rise of the Snakes, Mindstorms, and sale items.

Comments

• andystarandystar Member Posts: 275
    Now if only they could get some Modulars, DeathStars, SSD, or just about any other big set in stock....
  • BTHodgemanBTHodgeman Member Posts: 622
    It's honestly getting a little annoying :P

Brent
    @sidersdd How do you find all these deals? Are you signed up for their email list or something?
    @andystar - I got it in my email tonight at 9:55 PM Central Time.

I think I'm on "several" of TRU's e-mail lists. This time of year it actually gets ridiculous. I get no less than 6-7 e-mails from them a day.

Brent
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    I either get them in email, or I check the web site. They usually have the ad up for the next day's sale. For example, if you want to know what their sale is going to be starting on Sunday, then check the web site at 12:01am Eastern Time on Saturday. This one in particular wasn't on the web site, but I got an email a few minutes before I posted this.
    In fact, it looks like they just added an ad for Wednesday. 25% off on a few sets - police station, public transport, lightning dragon, and Cars Tokyo. What will be interesting to see is if they mess up and allow those for the BOGO. Sometimes you get a window of opportunity around 12:01-12:30 as they transition the deals on-line and mess up.
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    edited December 2011
    lol... freaking TRU...

"Buy 1 Get 1
    50% off ALL* Lego!"

*offer excludes: (insert giant exceptions list here)

They just need to start replacing "ALL" with "SOME"
    BOGO doesn't appear to be live on-line yet, but for those staying up late for it, make sure to take advantage of ebates in the next 2 hours - it's 10% cashback as part of their Cyber Monday 2 deal.
  • bor2112bor2112 Member Posts: 289
    Yes, but have you looked at the inventory...nothing in stock except the incredibly overpriced sets!
    @sidersdd: advert explicitly states will not go live on-line until 9 a.m. -- no ebates :-(
    ^ I'm pretty sure they always say that.
  • kylejohnson11kylejohnson11 Member Posts: 508
    Does anybody have a free shipping code they would like to PM me? I'd like to order a few Wreaths, just not $50 worth :)
    Idk. It is not live and usually they go at midnight so I am thinking this is why. The last few emails I have received state "effective through..."
    You're probably right. Will hit it later.
    I didn't even know you could unearth free shipping codes for TRU?!
    Has anyone has luck at his/her local B&M TRU? I found even less inventory there. Not looking like Tower Bridge or second Pet shop for me this season.
  • kylejohnson11kylejohnson11 Member Posts: 508
    I wasn't sure if you could. I was guessing if anybody had one @sidersdd would.
    Have you ever done shoprunner? First month is free. You need a credit card to sign up so just remember to cancel on day 30. It is great! Quick ship, returns covered as well.
    BOGO is active on-line now.
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    For some reason City Transport does not bring up the BOGO50 sale price.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    For some reason City Transport does not bring up the BOGO50 sale price.
    Probably because it will be on sale for $74.99 shortly.
    Have you ever done shoprunner? First month is free. You need a credit card to sign up so just remember to cancel on day 30. It is great! Quick ship, returns covered as well.
    ShopRunner has run no fewer than three "free year" promos over the last couple months.

Like them on Facebook and you'll receive notices if they do it again.

Brent

edited December 2011
    Hmmm, can't find the Death Star at Toys R us anymore.
    Says: Your search for "lego death star" returned 0 results.

Same thing with Fire Brigade
  • cbaker1974cbaker1974 Member Posts: 150
    I don't know why sometimes you can't search for them at TRU (seemed to happen before with the FB when it was out of stock, but then it came back on, so its not related to being retired, etc), but here's the Death Star (just search google for "toys r us lego death star"
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3506488
    Thanks, Brent. So funny...this morning what was in my in-box...reactivate for a free year! Awesome in these last few shopping days before the holidays!
    I have a free ShopRunner subscription, but get very little benefit from it. It's not like Amazon Prime where you will actually receive the ordered items two days from when you order it. ShopRunner does nothing to expedite the processing of the order on the TRU side. Plus it seems like most stuff ships from Ohio, and I'm in Indiana. So I get most shipments within 1-2 days already. The only benefit I'm getting from ShopRunner right now is no minimum order on the free shipping. So I can order a bunch of those wreaths on BOGO. But I usually like to build up orders over $100 to get the $15 off deal. Anyway, just my thoughts on ShopRunner.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,167
    Gee another TRU sale....
    Maybe TRU can do something outrageous and just lower their prices back to retail and do a BOGO once every 2-3 months instead....
    Agreed - ShopRunner is way less benefit to me than Amazon Prime, despite the fact that there are dozens of retailers instead of one.

Also, for what it's worth, I have no evidence that Amazon Prime quickens the speed of order processing at Amazon. In my pre-Prime experience, years ago, order processing was almost always same day anyway.

The biggest benefit I get from ShopRunner is free delivery from Dominos :P

Brent
    I guess no one has numerous young nieces and nephews that live afar, but it has been incredibly useful for shipping gifts when you do not want to reach the $50 mark or the $100 mark.
    Agreed - ShopRunner is way less benefit to me than Amazon Prime, despite the fact that there are dozens of retailers instead of one.

Also, for what it's worth, I have no evidence that Amazon Prime quickens the speed of order processing at Amazon. In my pre-Prime experience, years ago, order processing was almost always same day anyway.

The biggest benefit I get from ShopRunner is free delivery from Dominos :P

Brent
    Oh - Dominos! I had no idea. Nice.