Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[UK] wanted, 70801 Melting Room for trade

KingDaveKingDave UKMember Posts: 967
I am yet to find #70801 Melting Room at any kind of discount and as Festivus is fast approaching, does anyone have a spare (or two) to trade? I have all sorts to trade so just ask me if you are after anything in particular, I would be looking to trade similar RRPs like for like (give or take a bit).

A hand to hand swap would be best to save postage, I live in Northumberland but am driving down to Stockport for work this week if you live anywhere in between the two (down Wed, back Fri).

Comments

• KingDaveKingDave UKMember Posts: 967
    Some examples of sets I have to swap for a #70801 (not all of them for one Melting Room, one for one).

#9488 Elite Clone Trooper & Commando Droid Battle Pack
    #75034 Death Star Troopers
    #31020 Twinblade Adventures
    #6914 T-Rex
    #4625 Pink Brick Box
    #3841 Minotaurus
    I also have a variety of polys as well as a spare Maggie Simpson, Mr. Burns, Marge Simpson & Ned Flanders figs (unopened) and a #850487 Halloween Accessory Set.

Lots of people seem to have looked at this, but no offers. I have all sorts to trade just ask me if you are after something in particular.
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,048
    Have a look at the Amazon thread. £5 off an order if you can pay by MasterCard, so only £7 delivered.
    ^ Yeah, that was the first thing I thought when I saw it. Unfortunately the cheapest one was about £14 including postage so only £9 after the discount, which is not up to my acceptable discount level yet.
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,048
    Ah. It was £11.99 and fulfilled by Amazon when I posted - but I see they've all gone now.
    ^ I was too slow!
  • yuffieyuffie Member Posts: 91
    Given that the set is only £11.99 - and as far as I'm aware still widely available - is it really worth spending so much time and effort to get a few quid off? I could maybe understand trying to find some of the bigger sets reduced but if you want it that badly paying the RRP doesn't seem that much of an indulgence.

Apologies if you are in position where you can't afford £11.99.
    My own interest in Lego is based on hunting down the best deals I can so my junior relatives can get the best chrimbo and birthday presents posible. I am a bit ocd about it now and won't really consider anything until it hits 50% off nowadays. My average for Lego Movie sets is about 65% off rrp so far, so paying full price just seems wrong. My nephew keeps building melting lazers though so I may well have to bite the bullet in the coming weeks.
  • yuffieyuffie Member Posts: 91
    Ah right. Okay.