Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Brickset Builders Guild - share your MOCs here!

Comments

• vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    Haha, neat, where's that book from?
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    vitreolum said:

Haha, neat, where's that book from?

It's from the Mines of Moria set. With a few stickers of course ;o)
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 574
    VV Serration
    VV Serration
    zipsforbananasrancorbaitjackybrickTechnicNick
  • aimlesspursuitsaimlesspursuits USMember Posts: 207
    @rancorbait Another awesome build!

There are some great builds posted on this thread. I'm frequently in awe at the technique and styles that are displayed here. Great work Bricksetter Builders!
    rancorbaitcheshirecatGothamConstructionCoAndor
  • zipsforbananaszipsforbananas WalesMember Posts: 250
    @rancorbait‌ - how you get the angles and part density, with such clever uses of so many of them, yet with the whole ship looking solid and not even Lego in places is just amazing. Sorry @vitroleum gets all the love for the vignettes, yours is a different medium, but staggering all the same!
    rancorbaitJennivitreolumcheshirecatGothamConstructionCoAndor
    Haha, that ship makes me think of the tumbler. Does it come in black?
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,664
    I thought I could do a Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer then I realised I don't own any original LEGO Star Wars minifigures or sets besides the X-Wing pilot and this happened:

X-Wing Pilot
    BumblepantsGothamConstructionCovitreolumrancorbaitAndorChrisbstmBuriedinBricks

@rancorbait‌ - how you get the angles and part density, with such clever uses of so many of them, yet with the whole ship looking solid and not even Lego in places is just amazing. Sorry @vitroleum gets all the love for the vignettes, yours is a different medium, but staggering all the same!

The construction is quite simple really :o)

I agree, @vitreolum is a vig building boss!
    Andor
    edited December 2014
    vitreolum said:

The Three Musketeers - Beginnings

Excuse me while I go change my pants....

:oP

Outstanding build @vitreolum!
    AdeelZubairGothamConstructionCoSuperTrampAndorcozy
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 723
    When I grow up, I want to make MOCs like @vitreolum.
    AndorDaraghrancorbaitplasmodiumAdeelZubairShibTheBigLegoski
  • AndorAndor United StatesMember Posts: 252
    edited December 2014
    Man, I was staring in awe at @vitreolum‌ vignette. And suddenly realized that the ground was awesomely made out of masonry bricks.
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,664
    LEGO Bionicle - Inzektor

LEGO Bionicle Inzektor
    rancorbaitChrisbstmAndor
    Want this MOC?

Please read the description on the Flickr page :o)
    AndorChrisbstm
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    vitreolum: Can we see what is behind the fence?
    Andor
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    These are not all mine, but I managed to get in to the fully decorated room where my LUG's MOCs will be on display for the next month and took some pictures this morning. Show opens tomorrow and I'm proud of my LUGmates, so I want others outside of Madison to see their hard work. :)

You can see the full album on Flickr.
    AndorChrisbstmEKSamsnowhitie
    ecmo47 said:

vitreolum: Can we see what is behind the fence?

Nothing there besides the tree and a support for the hay roof. I didn't bother to build that area.
    Andor
  • tomalphintomalphin Member Posts: 245
    edited December 2014
    vitreolum said:

The Three Musketeers - Beginnings

Excellent detailing. I especially like the fencing which appears to be bound together with thick ropes. Love it!
    vitreolum
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    It appears that the left head (in the picture) is the smarter of the 2.

Love the earring!
    AndorvitreolumGothamConstructionCo
    That's what I love the most about those mixels eyes, a simple rotation can give you so many expressions.
    AdeelZubairbinaryeye
  • monkeymonkey Member Posts: 235
    Is that a two-head monster on a rock concert? The outfit's perfect, the earring, and looks like it's holding an electric guitar! :)
    monkey said:

Is that a two-head monster on a rock concert? The outfit's perfect, the earring, and looks like it's holding an electric guitar! :)

Haha, need to add some make-up.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,289
    @vitreolum‌ - It is another week until I will have a chance to get home to my loose parts collection, and with every passing day my ideas for that fantastic TBB contest are being used up :o)

Brilliant models so far though. I reckon (and hope) I have at least one film vehicle in mind that nobody else will think of!
    AndorAdeelZubairGothamConstructionCo
  • JdslaterJdslater Member Posts: 59
    edited December 2014
    Quick question. I know what MOC means but can that mean anything? Scenes, vehicles, whatever? Also, do people usually post pictures of their work in progress?

And does this website normally post pictures upside down or was that just me?
    Andor
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    Jdslater said:

Quick question. I know what MOC means but can that mean anything? Scenes, vehicles, whatever? Also, do people usually post pictures of their work in progress?

Here's a tip - hold your camera upsidedown when you shoot. ;-)

MOC usually means anything made of Lego that's not a set, I'd say. And people do often post teasers for WIPs (Works In Progress).

Jdslater said:

MOC usually means anything made of Lego that's not a set, I'd say. And people do often post teasers for WIPs (Works In Progress).
    Thanks for that. The pictures thing is weird though. Is this a "thing" on this forum?

Jdslater said:

Jdslater said:

Thanks for that. The pictures thing is weird though. Is this a "thing" on this forum?

It's always a bit random. Actually, wait a second - are you talking about posting or viewing pictures? Because I always see others' photos the right way round, but posting them, they can sometimes go in upside down or sideways.
    Holy %*%*$* Nick, I didn't notice at first that even the car was built in forced perspective mode. So where's the naked girl?
  • TechnicNickTechnicNick Berkshire, UKMember Posts: 277
    vitreolum said:

Holy %*%*$* Nick, I didn't notice at first that even the car was built in forced perspective mode. So where's the naked girl?

Just out of shot. Sorry about that :-)
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 496
    @TechnicNick Amazing!!!

Jdslater said:

Jdslater said:

It's always a bit random. Actually, wait a second - are you talking about posting or viewing pictures? Because I always see others' photos the right way round, but posting them, they can sometimes go in upside down or sideways.
    Posting them. They always seem to flip over.
    I'm sure you all love this movie... :)

Chibi LXG Car
    GothamConstructionCoTechnicNickBrickDancerChrisbstmzipsforbananasrancorbaitGalactus
    Nice LXG. I remember reading that the Propstore was selling the real thing recently.
    edited December 2014
    Made two more, the owl is pretty lame though. The Prometheus is not that good either.

Chibi Watchmen Owl

Chibi Prometheus
    AndorAdeelZubairTechnicNickBumblepantsrancorbaitChrisbstmchuckp
    vitreolum said:

Made two more, the owl is pretty lame though. The Prometheus is not that good either.

Can we do requests? :-) I'd love to see a little chibi SSV Normandy from Mass Effect.
    BuriedinBricks
    Yep, will give it a try. :) Not sure what to use for the torso though.
    vitreolum said:

Yep, will give it a try. :) Not sure what to use for the torso though.

Shadow stormtrooper/TIE pilot and give it one red arm and one grey arm?
    Chibi DB007
    BumblepantsTechnicNickGothamConstructionCominifignickChrisbstm
  • minifignickminifignick UKMember Posts: 108
    I am currently off work so have more time to "rattle those bricks" as my good lady wife puts it Entering a few competitions myself But doubt I ever catch up with [http://www.bricksetforum.com/profile/6875/vitreolum]
    TechnicNickChrisbstmAndorvitreolumricecake
    Chibi M577 APC
    rancorbaitChrisbstmGothamConstructionCoTheBigLegoski
  • crazycarlcrazycarl USAMember Posts: 392
    vitreolum said:

Chibi M577 APC

LOVE IT!!!!!!! That's a very cool lego gun you have made too!
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 723
    ^Love the hair-shoulders.
    vitreolum