Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Arbiters Introduction

Hello,
I have been a Lego fan since forever. I think it was since I was around five years old, in 2001. My very first set was one of the McDonalds Bionicle Tohunga. I fell in love with Bionicle ever since. around 2005 I got into Lego Star Wars because of a friend who owned Lego Star Wars: The Videogame. This also got me into Star Wars in general, even though I owned the Gunship(2002) and Final Duel II and Jedi Defense I and a DVD Copy of Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones before this. Then I got into Halo when the same friend introduced me to Halo Combat Evolved for PC in around 2008 (I think) And now I got into the Halo line of Mega Bloks once I saw them out in stores in 2009 but still am looking to complete any of my Lego vintage sets that are incomplete, as well as purchase or trade for any new additions to my collection, primarily vintage, or sets from the six movies (I don't really like the Clone Wars sets based on the Television Series). So there it is, my Lego history.
Now, personal information. I am a college student studying Mechanical engineering. I barely have time as I work a part time job as well. I am really into videogames, especially Halo and Assassins Creed as well as Star Wars. I havent had time to play for a few months now due to school and work.
So yeah. I just dumped my thoughts here.
Now, back to work.

Comments

• BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Welcome aboard! Best of luck with your studies. Make good grades so you can land a job that will permit you to buy enormous amounts of Lego. :)
  • arbiterarbiter Member Posts: 16

Welcome aboard! Best of luck with your studies. Make good grades so you can land a job that will permit you to buy enormous amounts of Lego. :)

Yes! I will own all the Bionicle, Lego Star Wars, Mega Bloks Assassins Creed and Halo lines!
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    @arbiter I also collect LSW. Do you have a favourite LSW set? Personally I prefer droid army stuff but collect also a lot of original trilogy sets.
    Andor
    @TarDomo‌
    Hmmm... Im not sure if I mentioned earlier, I prefer any set other than the Clone Wars sets. I think my most prized Lego Star Wars sets would be:
    7153 Jango Fett's Slave I (2002, Its Incomplete...)
    6209 Slave I (2006)
    7163 Republic Gunship (2002, Its incomplete...)
    but I also really like:
    6210 Jabba's Sail Barge (2006)
    7260 Wookiee Catamaran (2005)
    I like the CIS, they are pretty cool. I always wanted the tank droid set (it comes with wookiee attack from 2005 right?). I am also missing the blue super battle droids from my gunship. I plan on buying those eventually to complete my set. I am a fan of Mandolorians, and My Jango Fett's Slave I is missing Jango Fett, so I am really looking forward to getting him from somewhere.
    So, what I collect from the Star Wars line? I guess you can say I am a completionist (but I dont think I will want any of the Clone Wars or Rebels sets). So I mainly collect sets from the six main films.
    edited December 2014
    @arbiter I also want that Wookiee Attack set. I'm looking for it from Ebay for 100€ but the price seems to be at least 180€ and with the shipping payments and huge custom cost it would be easily over 220€. I could pay that for such a big set with 1000+ parts but right now I feel I'm not putting all that money to get such a small set. I'm still not giving up I could get it some day. The tank droid is its best version. I have the two other versions but I prefer the orange color in that old set. Also the wookiee vehicle there and the old-stylish battle droids are cool. For me it feels a LSW collectors must-have. And I almost forgot the spider droid. It looks so funny in a good way.
    Andor
    @TarDomo‌ Sorry for the delay in reply, I got side-tracked on eBay and a Halo MB forum. I really like the whole Star Wars line from 2005. All of the Episode III sets look good from that year. I really liked the Clone Turbo Tank (back in the day, it looked so EPIC on the Lego [email protected] Catalog haha.) I really like the swamp trooper and jet pack clone from that set. Oh and btw, My Jango Fetts Slave I is almost complete, just missing an orange bomb and the whole magnet assembly, I just got Jango Fett in the mail yesterday. I got a good deal, $28 total (S&H included) and he is in great condition!
    But yeah, I will also get the Wookiee Attack set one day. (along with Darth Vader Transformation, Jedi Defense II, Final Duel I, Jedi Duel, Lightsaber Duel, Obi-Wans Jedi Starfighter from Ep. II and III, Darth Vaders Tie, so many sets I want...) I am currently focusing on my Halo collection though.
    @arbiter Yes, 2005 was a cool year. Too bad that it totally missed it ´cause I started collecting in 2007. Clone Turbo Tank, Darth Vader Transformation, Wookiee Attack, Wookiee Catamaran, Ultimate Lightsaber duel... too many must-haves there. I have Obi-Wan´s Jedi starfighter if you mean the 2002 version but its wings have broked and I bet it´s missing some parts. You got a nice deal with Jango. Here in Finland I found impossible to get anything with a fair price. Shipping and customs are way too expensive from the US (where I would found interesting deals). For some reason every new set also costs here a lot more than elsewhere. Sandcrawler costs 350€ (elsewhere 300) and Millennium Falcon 190€ (elsewhere 150) and so on.