Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Rocket Raccoon polybag (5002145) Still in TRU stores?

ShatteredGnomeShatteredGnome Docking Bay 94, Mos Eisley, TatooineMember Posts: 32
edited November 2014 in Buying & Selling Topics
This may not be answered for a day or two, but is anyone still finding Rocket Raccoon polybags at TRU stores?

I know there's hundreds on eBay at the moment, and as yesterday was Black Friday and the madness of holiday shoppers has begun I'm not sure of the prospects of finding one at a store at this point. As of 1 1/2 weeks ago, my local TRU supposedly had "a bunch" in stock when I called, but I haven't had the chance to actually go and buy 1 or 2 of them.

I'm trying to avoid having to get one for double the price on eBay, but I'll take that last resort if necessary.

I'm aware that some TRUs have been cleaned out by resellers (or just LEGO fans) or never got them in stock; I'm simply wondering if anyone has seen them the past few days.

Comments

• margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Call your stores and ask them.
  • ShatteredGnomeShatteredGnome Docking Bay 94, Mos Eisley, TatooineMember Posts: 32
    edited November 2014
    I'll probably call again Monday if I don't have the chance to swing by TRU by then.
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    edited November 2014
    The one TRU by me in central NJ that had them last weekend, probably 20-30 of them, did not have any today. They did have a few TMNT #30271 and Batwing #30301 and SW #30247 Polys more of the SW one than the others.
  • ShatteredGnomeShatteredGnome Docking Bay 94, Mos Eisley, TatooineMember Posts: 32
    @jediami65‌ Good to know. I'm thinking there's a good chance they'll be hard to find anywhere but online from now on.
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,395
    There were a ton at mine suddenly black Friday (first time they were there). When I went Saturday they were mostly gone.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,751
    I saw an endcap full of them at my local TRU on Saturday night.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Rocket is available online right now with free shipping

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=45754596
    margotmadforLEGOlego007BuriedinBricksPate5346TXLegoguysweetness34klatu003hewman
    Whoa, now that's a good share! Have you been stalking the website?
    I'd rather be lucky than good :)
    margot
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
    Saw about 10 at the Santa Clarita, Ca store on my drive back yesterday. I didn't buy them....
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,478
    edited December 2014
    Thanks @TheLoneTensor‌
    I think I have my fill of these at this point, and will not be getting anymore, so will will be interesting to see how long they last online.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Thank you @TheLoneTensor‌! I know several people who are still looking for these and we struck out at the nearby TRU trying to find extras.
  • sgarrahysgarrahy Member Posts: 26
    Thank you, was close to buying off ebay or bricklink over the weekend. Glad I held off
    Still available, basically $4.99 + tax shipped free, even if you only get one.
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 727
    Thank you @TheLoneTensor. I wanted one of these guys, without buying a set. There were some other deals on The Hobbit sets that showed up then went away while I was dithering. Oh well, "take cookies when cookies are being passed."
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    Looked online and selected the "pick up at store" to see which stores around me potentially had them. One relatively close to my work had them. Drove there, couldn't find them, but customer service finally found them behind the counter in a box. Picked up 4 just to be safe
  • TXLegoguyTXLegoguy USMember Posts: 125
    edited December 2014
    Thanks @TheLoneTensor‌. I placed a order for one.
  • EddieDoesntMindEddieDoesntMind Member Posts: 329
    Welp, there gone.
  • mdellemanmdelleman Vancouver CanadaMember Posts: 274
    Shoot, missed out!
  • KumbazoKumbazo Member Posts: 24
    My order got cancelled :(
  • BombTecBombTec In the MountainsMember Posts: 110
    edited December 2014
    There's almost 100 stuffed in a bin at the Colorado Springs TRU. I can grab some if someone is still looking. They're listed at $4.99.
    BuriedinBricks
    My order has been stuck as "located in stock" for the past two days.
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    My order had been there since December 1 at 9:05 am, but I just received a shipping confirmation this morning.

I think we (myself included) all forget how much work is put into each order, and how many orders retailers must be dealing with at this time of year. Not to mention their usual workload and training seasonal workers.
    ^That's a really good point. Anything to do with shipping out purchases is swamped right now. It's peak shopping season.
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 1,070
    There was whole bunch at kingstown, va in the dc metro area. Workers are not very helpful tho.
    @cmrt1014‌ That's a fair point. I've never really been impressed with the speed of TRU shipping at non-peak times of year, so I can only imagine what they are like this time of year.
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    Just received a TRU mailer and it says that Rocket Raccoon is available free with any $30. or more construction purchase....only in stores, quantities limited, and no rainchecks. Having aced the contracts course in law school a century ago, it sounds to me that they have covered their asses here.

Translation: All you suckers be sure to drive long distances through heavy traffic to our miserable stores and pay inflated prices for our LEGO so we can tell you that a) we never received any RR's, b) we ran out a month ago after receiving just a dozen of the little buggers, c) we don't know where they are in our messy store even though the computer shows we have 300 in stock, and/or d) the customer in line before you just bought the last 83 RR's. Followed by the proverbial, "Y'all have a happy day now!"
    chuckpEddieDoesntMindPoochycardgenius
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    ^ So true! The sad thing is that this will be happening over and over again during this offer.
    @legogal this is a new mailer? does it have valid dates on it?
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    @Kumbazo, Yes. It arrived today and says that sale prices are valid December 7-13, so I assume that the RR promotion runs those dates as well. Hope this helps. Sorry I was in a snarly mood earlier, but being a TRU customer the past two months has been incredibly difficult. Let us know if you have any luck. (Can't think of any LEGO I need to buy, especially at TRU. And my credit cards need a serious rest for a month or two.)
    ^No need to apologize. I was late to the Raccoon party a few weeks ago and I just had my online order of it cancelled. Needless to say, TRU is not my favorite either. Thanks for the info!
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 272
    My store received two full cases (200 in each) and still has plenty left to run this promotion again.
  • VaderXVaderX Member Posts: 220
    Just returned from a long errand trip and the TRU had at least 50 of these in stock.
    Grrr...frustration with TRU growing. Received an email this afternoon indicating my order has been delayed until at least 12-11. It's not a cancellation, but I'm not very optimistic at this point.
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,395
    Saw a lot Rockets and Ninjago today at toys r us...seeing as how they did not have him the first go around this was a bit of a surprise.
  • minicoopers11minicoopers11 USAMember Posts: 104
    dannyrww said:

Saw a lot Rockets and Ninjago today at toys r us...seeing as how they did not have him the first go around this was a bit of a surprise.

Probably just a box lost in the extremely busy shuffle of their store room this time of year.
  • veign06veign06 USAMember Posts: 137
    my store had probably 100-200 on the floor again this weekend...store was packed too.
    Man, TRU must have been slammed. Order arrived at home and 10 minutes later I got an email confirming my shipment.