Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Availability of Pharaoh's Quest in Australia

Brickmaster47Brickmaster47 Member Posts: 28
edited May 2011 in Buying & Selling Topics
Why is it that Pharoah's Quest isn't being sold here in Australia? Us Aussies get everything a few months later than Europe or the US, and I can live with that, but why no PQ? As a fan of the old Adventurers series, it pains me to see them missing on the shelves...!

Comments

• FrodoBFrodoB Guest Posts: 7
    I Know it's REALLY annoying! pharohs quest looks really cool but I can't find it anywhere!
  • Brickmaster47Brickmaster47 Member Posts: 28
    You're based in Australia too, I take it?
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    Not available from Shop-At-Home either? Amazon? There's always eBay or Bricklink.
    It's available at a number of online stores, but I just wanted to know why Australia didn't get a store release.
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    It could be a matter of distribution costs. Australia's about as far as they can ship from Europe so they may be selective in what sets and lines they choose to market there. Maybe some customer feedback data indicating that there was low interest from Australia for the theme (perhaps based on the old Adventurers' sales or Indiana Jones?) and so they figured they'd cut their losses of shipping out sets that they may end up shipping back for Shop-At-Home sales. Hard to say really.
    Well, it's quite frustrating, but since the Australian and American dollars are often at parity, the online bargains are quite nice.
  • StuBoyStuBoy New ZealandMember Posts: 623
    After a quick search I wasn't able to find any listings for Pharoahs Quest in New Zealand stores either, however there were a few listings from NZ-based online stores. Would they import the stock themselves? I always thought it would have been distributed via Lego New Zealand?
    Who knows? I can't fathom the logic, but I'm buying a few of the PQ sets of Amazon whilst the dollar is good.
  • DunedinNZDunedinNZ Member Posts: 41
    One of the big problems with the lego shop at home is, its roughly $40nz minimum for shipping. [Obviously if you buy a few items they spread it across those items]

I had heard from Toyworld NZ that Pharoah's Quest was arriving sometime in the next month or so, but their lists are guides as such.
    That is interesting news... if it works out, all I have then to grumble about is how ridiculously long it took to get here...!