Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

10682 Creative Suitcase - Worth it?

MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USA.Member Posts: 900
I'm looking at the #10682 Creative Suitcase to beef up my random stock of LEGO bits and bricks. I'm mostly thinking that this could be good for my 2 son's (4 and 6) to do their own MOC'ing - and couple it with the other random sets from my childhood (80's Space & City). But I'm not sure that 1000 bricks at $59.99 is worth it - even with Black Friday double VIP points.
I've had some bad luck buying crap bulk LEGO on Craigslist - most of the pieces were just too worn out/gross/dirty/etc. Is this a good set to buy to get some nice new pieces or is there a better option out there for my money?

Comments

• DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    It's actually a great box. But nothing will beat #10664 at WalMart for $30 on Friday. 1600 pieces. If you miss the WalMart deal, keep an eye out for Toys R Us sales. #10682 is one of the few items without the TRU tax markup.
    pharmjod
  • pcironepcirone Long Island, NYMember Posts: 346
    Actually #10664 will be available Thursday at 6pm and is over 3x cheaper than #10682 is:

#10664 - $.01875 pp
    #10682 - $.06 pp
  • pcironepcirone Long Island, NYMember Posts: 346
    Actually #10664 will be available Thursday at 6pm and is over 3x cheaper than #10682 is:

#10664 - $.01875 pp
    #10682 - $.06 pp
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    Yes, but there is a mental tax on going to Walmart during Black Friday. :)
    BuriedinBricksOldfanLEGOCollector2504Andor
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USA.Member Posts: 900
    Thanks, guys. I didn't know about the sale at Walmart. Guess I should be paying more attention to the Black Friday ads. I'm hosting Thanksgiving at my house so I can't go out right at 6 o'clock but maybe I could sneak out later on that evening. I hope they don't sell out right away.
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 754
    If you have few spare bricks, this could be a quick and relatively inexpensive way to acquire them if the sets contain enough of the bricks you need.

If you own a lot of LEGO, you could ask yourself which specific colors and pieces do you still need for building your moc's. After making a list, go on Bricklink or whatever and buy those bricks. You may be amazed how inexpensive many of those bricks are because numerous sellers lower the price a lot on pieces they can't use. And you don't get stuck with tons of bricks you don't need. It is too easy to cheaply buy bricks you don't need. Many of us collect only certain colors and don't need two thirds of the bricks in these large sets.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,274
    The WM deal last year on the basic brick thing went to like $10 on clearance in places that had a bunch left. So even if you can't make it out on Thursday or friday be sure to check later in the weekend or the next week to see if they still have some. Can't remember how long it was after BF that they clearanced them out but I don't think it was long.
    @legogal‌ this is for the bins for my kids, so this is up to their imagination and they have free reign to pick, so I think this or the BF item from Walmart will be a good choice. My MOCing is limited to microscale, so I have the bits and pieces that are not in these two sets.
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 754
    Then it sounds like a great choice for the kids! They usually play with any parts you give them from my experience. Have fun building with them!
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,308
    pcirone said:

Actually #10664 will be available Thursday at 6pmp

Where?

Walmart.