Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Rocket Raccoon polybag?

Comments

• margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Legogeek said:

The funny thing is TRU shouldn't actually be selling Rocket or Dareth since both bags state on the backside - "NOT FOR SALE", which means they should be giveaways for some promo....

Wow, what is going on with TRU lately?
  • veign06veign06 USAMember Posts: 136
    Store i bought them at yesterday never actually put them on the shelves and a friend called two nearest stores today. One said they arent getting them and the other said 11/21...wonder why its now the 21st? They rang up fine for me.
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    My store has the mini Shellraiser as the promo this week. It would make sense that Rocket might be the promo next week, hence the 11/21 date? My folks found the box in the back and it had "promo" written on the box in sharpie. They weren't going to sell me any at first, but when I told them it would ring up, and they saw that it wasn't the current promo, they let me buy some.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,284
    ^ correct, I heard there is a promo starting next week for the Rocket Raccoon poly. When scanned, it should still list a street date of 11/16 and the register does not forbid selling the item like it does for other promos.
  • nynohosnynohos Member Posts: 24
    anyone knows which TRU sells the Dareth poly in the Chicago area?
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 943
    edited November 2014
    I stopped by TRU on the way home and found them in a cardboard bin in the aisle. There must of been 150 plus.
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 851
    Went to a local TRU where the employee used the TRU website to check stock. Is that normal? Obviously it wasn't list on the website and of course the follow up was that there was no where else she could check.
    Oh well... I'll check back later
    Andor
    edited November 2014
    No, they need to use their little hand held thingy or house computer. Give them the TRU number that was listed earlier in the thread and they can track it for you. According to my TRU manager, their system is accurate as to location and stock amount. The only way it is inaccurate is if there is someone in the store wandering around with some in their cart that hasn't checked out yet.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,267
    The ones by me use their PCs, they have a system. While it looks like the TRU website Im guessing there is a bit more to it than that.
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 269
    They can use the website to get the TRU item number, then they must use other software on the PC or hand held computer to check their stock. However, the system is only as accurate as those who use it. Sometimes (particularly this time of year with many seasonal workers) employees don't enter the location data correctly, which can hinder finding an item.
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    For those who live in San Francisco Bay Area Dublin Area, the Dublin store has a bunch of Rocket Raccoon available, like about 30 of it at least, I was able to get three, plus a #30262 and #79118 and get another Freebie the #30271
    edited November 2014
    NeilJam said:

However, the system is only as accurate as those who use it. Sometimes (particularly this time of year with many seasonal workers)

That's for sure. I saw a kid and his mom desperately trying to find the new Minecraft sets at TRU today. The temp worker could not find anything on the computer. I told the mom to check [email protected] but later went to help the worker figure out what went wrong. Turns out she had typed in "legos mindcraft"....
    ZonGuroooBuriedinBricks
  • byucougsbyucougs Member Posts: 38
    I am trying to find one myself for my wife. If I can't though, anyone able to get one for me, please?
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    @byucougs PM me and we may work out getting you one.
  • UCDLaCrosseUCDLaCrosse Member Posts: 8
    I have 2 available if anybody wants them, please PM me.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    They couldn't find any at my local TRU..at first. Eventually the customer service person asked (a manager I assume) and they found a box full of them. I asked how many I could purchase since members of my LUG were wanting them and couldn't find any (truth) and they would only sell me a couple since it hasn't been on the floor yet. So I bought a few for myself/daughter and will check back next week. They sounded like it would be available this weekend. Another member of the LUG called their local TRU (our LUG consists of multiple cities within the same area) and their customer service person said one person came in and bought all 106 of them....

I don't like inconsistency. I am happy I got a few though. But I wanted more for my LUG brethren.

I'd say, people who want them, just check back this weekend and you'd be able to find some.

Now I really want the Electro figure that supposedly is a TRU exclusive too....any news on that?
  • BazookaJoeX9BazookaJoeX9 Member Posts: 98
    I ended up getting a few. PM me if you're interested in purchasing or trading. I have no problem shipping over seas. (I'm in the U.S.)
  • waitingforlegowaitingforlego Member Posts: 29
    I also have a few extras available for trades
    Well thank goodness I have one already. I wanted more as stocking stuffers but not at $30 a pop
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    ^ I know the packaging says not for sale but since they are in the system with a price it is likely most TRUs will just put them out. Most (all?) of the other buy $X get poly free promotions at TRU have just had the polys out for sale at the same time.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,785
    I also got an email today with a 15% off your toy purchase coupon good Friday and Saturday only.
    margot
    edited November 2014
    Id rather buy them for 5 bucks a pop than have to over pay for TRUs prices. BUT if you cannot find them for sale at the store, and they appear only as a promo online, then it is good for those people
    Drmnez
    Now if the new DC sets were for sale, I would definitely pay to get rocket.
    Shib
    The new Minecraft sets should be out?
    I was told today that Minecraft would be a [email protected] exclusive until January 1. Not in retail or brand retail.
    They are on the TRU website showing in stock.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    ^ They were on Amazon and Target already. Parted out a few already.
    Hmmmm. It appears the information was erroneous!!! Imagine that, a Brand Store employee who was wrong...
    juggles7

The new Minecraft sets should be out?

Online only. I wonder if they would give you a Rocket for ordering in store?
    Unfortunately, the $30 in LEGOS you buy may be marked up $5 above what you could buy it for at another retailer. If so, you may be better off just buying the Rocket set by itself, which I did.

The 15% off coupon can help a little with that.
    lordzarak
    Just an FYI.
    Apparent some TRU stores only check their online inventory access for things. This will show no Raccoons, but if you ask for available stocks at store they will find them in their store. Weird I know but just some info.
  • ChrisbstmChrisbstm USAMember Posts: 151
    I just attempted to buy two RR, was rung up, then interrupted by a manager saying they have to refund me because they can't sell them till tomorrow. After being jerked around for twenty minutes seeing if I could take them or not, seeing as how I'd paid already, I was told they'd have to refund me, and I could return tomorrow for the promotion, and would be allowed to purchase 1. Baloney. I'm still going back, but man, first world problems.
    ^ and ^^ I went to my TRU after work on Wednesday and had the TRU product numbers printed out. I went to the service desk and the person looked the RR numbers up and said they showed having 200, but didn't know where they were. She then called around and someone remembered where they were and brought up the box of them. She said they were supposed to be on the shelves, but didn't know why. She let me buy 10, so I did. I think she would have let me buy all of them, but I would not have done that.

After reading about other people's experiences I was a bit surprised by mine. I fully expected to be told I couldn't buy any or could only buy 1 or 2. And, it surprised me that I think I was the first person in my home town to ask about them.
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648
    Chrisbstm said:

I just attempted to buy two RR, was rung up, then interrupted by a manager saying they have to refund me because they can't sell them till tomorrow. After being jerked around for twenty minutes seeing if I could take them or not, seeing as how I'd paid already, I was told they'd have to refund me, and I could return tomorrow for the promotion, and would be allowed to purchase 1. Baloney. I'm still going back, but man, first world problems.

Unbelievable that a store would actually force you to get a refund. If they don't want to sell them, that's their prerogative, but they'd already sold them to you. I don't email my Bricklink buyers and ask for parts back I didn't want to sell after all. Not to mention they could have been inconviencing you by making you wait to have a charge taken off your credit card, if it works that way for you.

• bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,836
    Chrisbstm said:

That's the sort of thing you gotta go tell your kids to do and tell them to put on their cutest accent, "pweeese". :P
  • Ladder19JTKLadder19JTK Hudson ValleyMember Posts: 209
    Chrisbstm said:

Next time......RUN!!!!!!
    RonyarLegoKipbobabricksmadforLEGO
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    I am putting on a full set of body armor and taking a sedative before entering our TRU today to see if I can buy one Rocket Raccoon. Bets are they won't have it/can't fine it even though it is there/or won't sell it as usual. Wish me luck! (At least I have other errands nearby and won't be going their in vain.)
    Ronyar
  • InfinitymanInfinityman United StatesMember Posts: 107
    Godspeed, legogal, I am doing the same!
  • BrickamoreBrickamore USAMember Posts: 56
    Bought $60 worth of LEGO with the 15% off coupon (so regular MSRP :)) and was offered two RR polybags. They told me they were keeping them behind the desk and wouldn't sell them out right.
    margot
  • weevinweevin Member Posts: 34
    When I was looking for the RR poly on Tuesday, I was sent to a TRU (#2) that had ~40 showing as in stock on a different TRU's (#1) stock monitor computer. I went to TRU #2 and was told that they had them all on hold until this morning and couldn't sell me any. When I got there today to #2 to try and buy a few, there were at least 100 out in the LEGO section, with signage, for $4.99 each.
    Our TRU in Cary also has them on the floor at 4.99. Just built one! Love the tail and two tone short legs. Finally!
    LegoKip
  • ChrisbstmChrisbstm USAMember Posts: 151
    They had a single bag behind the counter holding maybe 20 polys at my TRU here in San diego, and were reluctant to sell me even the one sans promotion. I brought my receipts from the night before, and she sold me one, but I spied written on the bag "one per customer PROMO". Huh, got my one.
    Just hit a TRU in Fairview Heights, Illinois. Bought 4 Bricktober sets, they allowed me to break into two separate lots. Got a RR and a Shellraiser with each. Not bad.
    margot
    Ahhh, good old non-standardized polices by TRU.. I missed that (not really).
    I was able to buy them outright, no limits (though I limited myself as I know others are looking for them). They are also at another TRU store by me, in a bin as well, apparently no limit (at least I did not see a sign or anything).
    Not sure why stores are saying they cannot sell them.. Maybe previous experiences have driven some managers to not allow future promos to be available for sale where other just see it as 'I'll sell them, but I'm not going to let someone walk out with a 10-25% of our existing stock because their is a promo due', maybe others were selling them until the promo started, then there are those that do not care as they make their money in any case. I'm fortunately enough to have two stores around me apparently feeling the 4th way, but that can change at anytime.

I do feel bad those getting hamstrung by managers, but at the same time I can see why they may do that if the stocks are limited (only got 50, or less) or they have maybe had past instances where people abused the good will of the store (walked out with the box), or enough people railed against the manager due to not able to get a promo figure because they were all sold out.
    Promo ends tomorrow. My guess is that the extras will hit the shelves on Sunday morning.
    margot
    I think that all we can count on is no one knowing what the store policy is at any TRU store and their policy being different at every store. Makes it a bit like a game finding a new promotion, doesn't it!
    legogal said:

I think that all we can count on is no one knowing what the store policy is at any TRU store and their policy being different at every store. Makes it a bit like a game finding a new promotion, doesn't it!

Not a game I like to play.
  • lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329

The 15% off coupon can help a little with that.

Thanks for the coupon! I used it on the Ghostbusters set, got Rocket for free and paid with a gift card that I got off eBay for 15% off.
    Russell844margotInfinityman