Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

New LEGO Batman Set!

LuciusMalfoy7LuciusMalfoy7 Member Posts: 107
edited December 2011 in Collecting
http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/6857_The_Dynamic_Duo_Funhouse_Escape
December 15 release! I'll tag @Huw and @bluemoose so they can post on the front page!

Comments

• duilimduilim Member Posts: 61
    I hate to say it, but this set is not appealing at all. The only reason to by it is for the Riddler and Harley Quinn. Even at the asking price though, I don't even have to think to know that I'll be giving this set a miss.
  • LuciusMalfoy7LuciusMalfoy7 Member Posts: 107
    I'm a fan of the upper portion of the set, but the sandy base plate looks absolutely rubbish. The Riddler and Harley look great though, yes.
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    Surprised you get 5 minifigs for $40. I would have expected only 3 or 4
  • VaderXVaderX Member Posts: 220
    Funny, this looks to be the best set yet from what i have seen. Fig. count for price is good
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,898
    Funny, this looks to be the best set yet from what i have seen. Fig. count for price is good
    This is definitely the first "quality value" of the new Batman sets, IMO. Superman vs. Lex is also good. This set reminds me of a smaller Temple of Doom. But looking at it - it just seems half complete - know what I mean?
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    The new Batman sets are popping up left and right on eBay. The Buy It Now auctions, of course, have highly elevated prices!
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,185
    I can't wait.
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    Aargh, another building facade.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    edited December 2011
    Can't wait for this one. I don't plan to collect the DC Comics sets generally, but this is just a really awesome looking set that I will add to my collection. And the price is surprisingly reasonable.
  • VaderXVaderX Member Posts: 220
    This is definitely the first "quality value" of the new Batman sets, IMO. Superman vs. Lex is also good. This set reminds me of a smaller Temple of Doom. But looking at it - it just seems half complete - know what I mean?
    Ya most sets in this price range are limited, you get done building them and say where is the backside? Buy two and make a backside :) Like POTC Escape from London
  • JAMESBONDJAMESBOND Member Posts: 2
    I bought 3 lego batman sets at tru, and 4 superheroes lego - batman, green lantern, joker, superman vs luthor
    and Catwoman set, two face set and batwing set. That is all they had. NO others so far
    Yep, this looks very good for figs - especially for younger fans/fans on a budget, who want Robin and the Joker but aren't willing to fork over for the Batcave or Batwing.
  • kylejohnson11kylejohnson11 Member Posts: 508
    edited December 2011
    Anybody know if the pieces are stickers or printed on? It also looks like they use the smaller scale track like the Temple of Doom and Alien Mothership.

EDIT: I forgot to add the link on [email protected] http://shop.lego.com/en-US/The-Dynamic-Duo-Funhouse-Escape-6857
    ^They look printed to me. If you look closely, as well, the set includes another Riddler head/hat for a display case, for MOCers who might want to use one or both!
  • LukeSkywalkerLukeSkywalker IrelandMember Posts: 231
    This is a must-have set for me due to the figure selection, mightn't bother with the new batcave for a while. I'm going to have to exercise serious restraint from buying these sets straight away, until the inevitable amazon discounts arrive. But I don't think I'll be able to hold back when I see the superman/lex luthor/ wonder woman set on the shelves, I think that one had got to be a day one purchase. :)
  • jlbbluejlbblue Member Posts: 54
    Not really a big fan of these sets, but I think this one will fit in nicely with my amusement park.
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 503
    for train enthusiests, first glance and i was excited about MOCing a hill climb, but then saw that it is indeed the narrow tracks. Still, wonder if a rollercoaster could be bricklinked into life down the road?