Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

PotC Queen Anne's Revenge 4195 Stop-motion Timelapse build!

yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
edited October 2011 in Photography/Video
Hey guys, just finished another video! I tried the setting a timer on camera technique to avoid camera movement but I still found the pictures moved a little. I think its cause my set wasn't held down well enough with the sticky tack I used and moved as I placed the pieces. In any case I added a couple little scenes in it instead of just a straight build to hopefully make it more enjoyable. Let me know what you think!

Comments

• akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,035
    Nice video! The stop-motion is well done! The only thing I don't like is the darkness of the whole thing. Can you get better lighting?
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    Its the QAR its supposed to be dark! lol

But yea my lighting still sucks, especially because my light one the left was brighter than the one on the right. I need to get a bigger light to hang right over it somehow...
  • Ollydc5Ollydc5 Member Posts: 67
    Great video mate, I now want this ship :-)
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    love the bit with the minifigs :)
  • BTHodgemanBTHodgeman Member Posts: 622
    Nice video! I'm not much of a ship person, but I did buy this one (with a 40% discount), and I think I'll probably build it soon now :)

Brent
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    edited December 2011
    Great video! I liked it a lot. Don't get just one overhead light, that's a bad setup. Do three-point lighting like the pros. But yeah, nice video :) Although poor little Imperial ship, overwhelmed by the three bad pirate ships. Where is the flagship? Where is it!? It needs to come to the rescue!
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 329
    Awesome, you put a lot of work into that and it shows. Good job with the music, now you just need that pro lighting setup (can be done on the cheap) to really make it shine!
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 952
    edited December 2011
    Loved the music. Provide details.
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    haha I posted this video over a month ago and finally some people commented on it lol.

@Ollydc5 Go for it! There's been a lot of sales on this ship lately, I'd be surprised it you ended up paying full retail for it

@Savage_steel thanks! I tried to add a little something since build videos can be considrered boring by some.

@BTHodgeman Yup its a great ship! and it complements the black pearl very nicely!

@brickmatic Yea, I usually use one light on either side, but I've been looking online for lighting tips and stuff. Just stay tuned to see the flagship! I have all the pirate ships and hope to make some stop motion with them once I get all my equipment set up

@tk79 Thanks! I try to get exciting music because when I watch other peoples videos, the ones with the good music is what keeps me coming back and watching it multiple times, hopefully it works with this too.

@1265 the music was from the ablum Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and the song was called Mutiny. Artist is Hans Zimmerman, the guys a genius, he does the music for all the classic movies lol
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 952
    @yys4u - Thanks for the info. Looked him up and surprised to see that he composed some of the music to Crimson Tide, a movie I enjoyed.