Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Wanted Rocket Raccoon polybag

2»

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,655
    kyrotek said:

Thanks to all the US'ers including @EddieDoesntMind fo making the attempt to satisfy the UK gangs hunger for polys. Your efforts are greatly appreciated guys

A little unnerved that a Bricklink store is listing 100 of this figure already... Is it any wonder some people are not finding them?

One reason why I think TRU stocks are coming up as 'misships' but that is just my opinion.
    The other and most likely reason is TRU often does not restrict purchases. If someone wanted to go to a TRU and say Ill buy them all they likely could, though I feel that is a bit poor sportsmanship especially when those same people are likely charging double or triple for them, but that is just my opinion.
    Andorkyrotek
  • kyrotekkyrotek Southampton, UKMember Posts: 212
    So with ebay looking as mad as always I shall be appraching bricklinkers to find out postage costs and pay double the cost. Sometimes it sucks to be a collector... Sigh!
  • waitingforlegowaitingforlego Member Posts: 29
    kyrotek said:

So with ebay looking as mad as always I shall be appraching bricklinkers to find out postage costs and pay double the cost. Sometimes it sucks to be a collector... Sigh!

You can always trade with people here :P
    kyrotek
    @waitingforlego that's why it sucks to be a collector, I don't often get the chance to purchase items specifically for trading and if I did its likely they are items readily available already ;-)
  • jondesouzaCEjondesouzaCE UKMember Posts: 241
    Thanks to all the Bricksetters who have tried to help out us Europeans!

I was wondering if anyone that was still was after a RR poly wanted to come in on a bulk purchase? I can get around 50 of them from a seller on eBay for around £8 each + customs fees. I'm quite happy to buy them and then distribute to anyone that wants them at cost (so people would need to pay for my postage costs to them and any Paypal fees). It would almost certainly be cheaper than each of us buying from Bricklink or eBay separately.

Would anyone be interested?
  • waitingforlegowaitingforlego Member Posts: 29
    @kyrotek‌ I know that feeling. First one goes into personal set and/or opened for me too.
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 473
    edited November 2014

I was wondering if anyone that was still was after a RR poly wanted to come in on a bulk purchase? I can get around 50 of them from a seller on eBay for around £8 each + customs fees. I'm quite happy to buy them and then distribute to anyone that wants them at cost (so people would need to pay for my postage costs to them and any Paypal fees). It would almost certainly be cheaper than each of us buying from Bricklink or eBay separately.

That's still quite a cost per poly. I went down the Bricklink route and have managed to get 2 including shipping from the US for just under £20, (each poly was $11.99, so just under £8 each). Still much more than $4.99 that its costing people to buy them in the US (about £3.20 each), but hey, that's supply and demand for you, (a bummer when you're the one demanding and not the one supplying) :-(.

looks like prices have dropped even in the last couple of days too, as there are now sellers with more than one to sell in the $10 each range (£7 or so). I pulled the trigger as I wanted to make sure I got them, but maybe for those who wait it out a bit this will become a relatively cheap poly?
    edited November 2014
    Mojoest said:

That's still quite a cost per poly. I went down the Bricklink route and have managed to get 2 including shipping from the US for just under £20, (each poly was $11.99, so just under £8 each). Still much more than $4.99 that its costing people to buy them in the US (about £3.20 each), but hey, that's supply and demand for you, (a bummer when you're the one demanding and not the one supplying) :-(.

looks like prices have dropped even in the last couple of days too, as there are now sellers with more than one to sell in the $10 each range (£7 or so). I pulled the trigger as I wanted to make sure I got them, but maybe for those who wait it out a bit this will become a relatively cheap poly?
    I figure it would be about £10 per poly all in which is at the upper end of what I'm prepared to pay. I may well see about hanging on and playing the nervous waiting game!
    Anyone purchased one through Bricklink or otherwise have a good idea of postage costs from the US? Just to help work through the overall cost per poly...
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,308
    You can get a postage estimate at usps.com.
    I just sent something yesterday 10 ounces is $13.41.
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 473
    edited November 2014
    ^^ I was charged $6.18 for the two polys I got from BL (US to UK). Always worth checking the postage details page when you come to order though as the prices can vary a lot. They gave this table on their Ts and Cs page, (fits perfectly with your cost @margot).
    TurboBuffaloGumbo
    Mojoest said:

^^ I was charged $6.18 for the two polys I got from BL (US to UK). Always worth checking the postage details page when you come to order though as the prices can vary a lot. They gave this table on their Ts and Cs page, (fits perfectly with your cost @margot).

$6.18 is excellent - only about a half to two-thirds of the postage costs on eBay.
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    I believe that $6.18 is the least that a padded envelope costs now to the UK from the US. I sent out 2 RR over the past 3 days to the UK and both padded envelopes were 1oz and cost $6.18
  • Gooch21Gooch21 Member Posts: 8
    I have a couple rocket raccoon polys to trade from the US to INTL . Pm if you have interest.
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 754
    In case you have not noticed, Rocket Raccoon polybags have been available through TRU at Brick 2014 in London. Hopefully they still have some left for today as the event should be ending about now. I believe the price at the show was 4.99 GBP. Maybe some of you Brits have contacts who picked them up at the event. But the price is higher than the US price of 4.99 at TRU. So the padded envelope price above may be competitive with the UK price for two RR's shipped from the US for $6.18 in shipping.
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 754
    Forgot to mention that many states have sales taxes of 5 to 10 per cent, so that needs to be added to the cost at this end. My TRU in Cary had a few left hidden at the front counter yesterday, but they were not very interested in selling them. Funny that you have to beg to buy a $5 toy! That is a first!
  • stackablesstackables Member Posts: 41
    I got a couple Rockets for trade. If anyone still needs a couple, let me know.