Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Shopping advice needed

Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM IrelandMember Posts: 990
edited December 2011 in Buying & Selling Topics
Hey everyone,

I'm in a slight dilemma and was hoping the good folk of the community could point me in the right direction.

I've only quite recently been taken by the Winter Village theme. With the Toy Shop being in the most immediate danger of going OOP, I decided to get it straight away. I ordered the set on [email protected] on Wednesday night. Worryingly, I saw a comment from @Farmer_John indicating that he too had recently ordered the set, but he was told by TLG that his order could not be fulfilled. Adding to my worry has been the lack of movement on my order, which has been 'in process' since Wednesday evening.

@Savage_Steel helpfully pointed out that the Toy Shop is available on Amazon.fr. I added it to my cart and, seeing how much cheaper it was than on [email protected], I also added 10216 Bakery. Amazingly, the two sets combined (including delivery) was €2 cheaper than the Toy Shop alone was costing on [email protected]!

The problem with Amazon is that the Toy Shop is listed as shipping in '1 to 2 months' which leads me to wonder if they actually have it in stock (it's hard to tell; I've been relying on Google Translate to read various articles on the order information page). On the product information page they have '4 new available from...' which confuses the situation. They seem to be coming from Amazon rather than a third party seller.

So now I'm not sure whether I should hold tight and see if my order goes through with [email protected] - but it seems crazy to buy from there when I could essentially get 2 for the price of 1 on Amazon. But the status over the Toy Shop on Amazon has me hesitant. Also, I can't see any way of cancelling an order on [email protected], does the order have to be processed before you can?

I'd be grateful for any light that could be shed on the whole thing from more experienced buyers.

Thanks!

Comments

• drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,727
    Why not order from amazon.fr and just cancel the order if [email protected] come through first ?
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    edited December 2011
    ive already ordered one of those from amazon.fr and it arrived fine, ordered a second one, and almost immediately after ordering they revised the dates forward so itll be here next week
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM IrelandMember Posts: 990
    edited December 2011
    Why not order from amazon.fr and just cancel the order if [email protected] come through first ?
    I was just a bit speculative as to whether or not Amazon had the set in stock, given that it wouldn't ship for 1-2 months - and if it was out of stock, would I have better luck sticking with [email protected] - if that makes any sense. Also, as I mentioned, I see no way of cancelling an order on [email protected] I blind??

Edit: Sorry, I think I misread your post...you mean cancel the Amazon order if [email protected] comes through first? Yeah I guess I could do that, though the bakery seems to ship immediately so I think that could well be dispatched while my [email protected] order is still processing.

@Si_Dorking_Surrey_UK cheers for that, sounds good!
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,382
    What amazon.fr price did u get ? I see 41eu each on both at the moment ......
    edited December 2011
    yes, +20percent off if you spend over 50, added at the checkout
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM IrelandMember Posts: 990
    Sorted this out, thanks guys :)

I decided to order from Amazon.fr, and not five minutes later, I had a shipping confirmation from [email protected]! I pondered on what to do, because the Toy Shop was still coming up as arriving between January 4th and January 30th on Amazon. I was going to cancel the whole order from Amazon, but given that I will want to get the bakery next year anyway, I thought I might as well retain that part of the order.

So now I'm getting 10199 from [email protected], and 10216 from Amazon. I'm paying a bit more, but I'll have both sets before Christmas, so it's worth it in my eyes.
    edited December 2011
    No discount code required for a.fr ?
    nope..try it
    Bit hard to get thru a.fr on mobile, will try at home shortly
  • streekerstreeker FranceMember Posts: 299
    edited December 2011
    There's no discount code needed, the 15% additional discount is automatic at checkout. This promo ends today. Only the bakery is still eligible, the toy shop no longer qualifies. Amazon.fr took out a whole swath of eligible sets today.
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    boo! I was just thinking I might bite on this, having got as far as check out the other day. well I'm sure my credit card is pleased, but I bet I'll be kicking myself next year when this is worth £80+
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    ^ credit cards are pleased to be used, it's the bank accounts needed to fund them that are sad to be empty :p
  • mnbvcmnbvc Member Posts: 142
    You guys are costing me a fortune! I need to stop logging on here! :D I was umming and ahhing about Winter Village Bakery, but when I saw the Train Station for a great price too, I couldn't resist.
  • SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534
    Looks like the 15% off is gone...
    I tipped a friend about it and he cannot get it, and I tried myself...same problem...
  • SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534
    Looks like the 15% off is gone...
    I tipped a friend about it and he cannot get it, and I tried myself...same problem...
    ok sorry, my mistake, it was on a product that was not on the list...apologies...

• streekerstreeker FranceMember Posts: 299
    edited December 2011
    ^It was probably on the list yesterday.
  • allmybricksallmybricks Member Posts: 156
    I blew this one... I was watching 10199 on Amazon (US) the past few days and I could have sworn there was 999+ in stock. I was going to pickup a few for Winter MOCs, but missed out!
  • StuBoyStuBoy New ZealandMember Posts: 623
    I've just been bitten by the Winter VIllage bug, and am looking to get the Toy Shop before its gone for good. I'm in New Zealand though, so its not that easy to find one for a reasonable price (can't find any in stores). I might check out Amazon.fr, otherwise it'll have to be Bricklink.

But what a great theme this is! Can't believe I've waited so long to get in on it.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,404
    I have noticed that Amazon gooses their stock levels sometimes, the GE had less than 20 in stock the other day with (more on the way) and it still allowed 999 in the shopping cart. Of course a few days later they did get more, so maybe that is why?
  • allmybricksallmybricks Member Posts: 156
    Interesting theory LFT... I bet that's it... maybe some kind of incoming inventory field in their database.