Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What are you building right now?

Comments

• BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    edited October 2014
    A year after picking it up, I finally built my haunted house over the past few nights (seems like a popular project right now). So happy I have a copy of this set.
    cheshirecat
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 852
    Ucs Tumbler
    GothamConstructionCoAndor
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,052
    King's Castle
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,708
    Started building a new wing for Arkham Asylum. Trying a new method of just building a first draft using whatever is on hand and then later correcting colors and part types via Bricklink.
    GothamConstructionCo
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 746
    Built Santa's Workshop and the first Xmas freebie this afternoon. I found it very enjoyable and think it is taking the WV theme back to its roots.
    ^do the two of them fit snugly together without much modification?
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 797
    edited October 2014
    Picked up a copy of Sunshine Harvest yesterday at a Lego exhibition, feeling extremely awkward as an adult male holding it with lots of little girls around, and built it that night. It was my first ever Friends set too, and I think I'll be getting more of them. If I don't feel too self-conscious, that is.
    Andorcarlq
  • DaraghDaragh IrelandMember Posts: 363
    About 80% through #42030, first large Technic set in years and it is great. I am leaving it for tonight as I think I went wrong somewhere, hopefully not too far back!
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 746
    @Bumblepants‌ not really, unfortunately. For now I've parked the freebie behind the right hand side oh the workshop itself. It kind of marks out where the back wall would be.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    Building #10212. Have the two side wings left to do. Can't wait to have the whole thing set up.
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    edited October 2014
    I´m building Republic Frigate. There´s still a lot to build, I´ve not even finished the first bag yet.
  • Wicksy80Wicksy80 Northern IrelandMember Posts: 535
    In process of building Ghost Train with modifications to use PF. Hopefully build Vampire Castle before Friday for it to loop around.
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844

Hi TheBrickladd, I did this too…a few years back. I bought a large shed from Home Depot, and converted it into my Lego Brickstruct studio. I went all out. I poured a concrete foundation to set it on, and ran electrical, insulated, paneled, painted, built shelves, etc. Took me around 8 months start to finish. Talk about a great Man Cave. I could go in and work for hours, leave a mess, and lock the door and leave without having to worry about things going missing. (kids and all) You can't see it from the first two shots, but just to the right of picture 2 is a window, with pull down shades, and the wall I'm up against, behind me , also had a window and roof had a skylight, so it wasn't too dark. Unfortunately, I could not take it with me when I moved…just everything inside it. Here is a shot from a few feet inside:

and another angle showing some of my benches / shelves.

and one more, now you can see one of the windows and my drafting chair.

@KevBrickstruct‌

So sorry for the delayed reply I have been mentally busy.

That's very similar indeed. I will be custom building the shed now on a concrete foundation. I didn't think mine will be as big as yours due to lack of space but should be enough for me for now until we love which won't be for a few years.

I have dug it all out and getting ready to do the base now.

I will make a proper post or link off to my website when it's done!

• arl100arl100 Member Posts: 35
    In the process of ordering parts to modify #75038 into Obi-Wan's dark red/grey version. Already built and modified a normal #75038 into a more accurate yellow/dark grey version for Anakin.
    edited October 2014
    I'm now building Umbaran MCH. It's nice to build something smaller after a few big sets.
  • ThirdBuckEyeThirdBuckEye Member Posts: 44
    Trying to build a few waterfalls using blue and light blue bricks also adding transparent 1x1 sloped tiles. It's been rough so far because they haven't turned out like I would like. But hey I have plenty of bricks!!
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    Not really building yet but disassembling. Picked up a #10030 tonight missing a few small bits but none of the expensive parts other than no plaque and no manual. Taking apart all those small pieces sucks.
  • BrickmanBrickman Ol' Brick SquareMember Posts: 42
    A large scale Ford flathead V8 with moving pistons, valves, etc :) Is currently being made out of real LEGO, so far I have the oil pan done. Definably need to buy more blue tiles.
    AndorGothamConstructionCorancorbait
    UCS R2-D2
    Andor
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 266
    8070 Super Car.
    Found a set at retail price yesterday in my favorite Mom&Pop Toy store.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,159
    Just built an other brand set (bought on the cheap - very cheap - for the lights in the set, which are this brands USP) and can safely say they are not worth the RRP. Happy enough to have paid £10 for the lights, but the sets design is very poor, virtually no SNOT, a wire in the way of a door and very incomplete looking.

Now to figure out the best way to make the parts i wanted into a DDR machine!
    joel4motion
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,159
    Aahhh, little chima legends beast set built to compensate.
  • nathanurinkonathanurinko Member Posts: 2
    About to start battle of endor, looks like a lot of fun!!! Hoping for a chrome darth vader, as it is unopened, wish me luck.
    Andor
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,139
    ^May the Schwartz be with you :)
    Converted the black/dark green building from Diagon Alley into a half-modular over the weekend using only spare parts. It is far from perfect but the exterior is good enough to fit with the rest of the street.
    sidersdd
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432

Converted the black/dark green building from Diagon Alley into a half-modular over the weekend using only spare parts. It is far from perfect but the exterior is good enough to fit with the rest of the street.

I'd be interested in seeing what you did here as I was planing on doing something similar in the next month or so.
    Sure. I have several projects all stacked up waiting to be photographed. I keep putting it off because my camera is lousy and my lighting and skills are even worse. I should just do it anyway though.
  • gelkstergelkster MN, USAMember Posts: 433
    Got together what pieces I already have to build Fort Legoredo, now just waiting on my Bricklink order- 2/3 the cost of which is brown log bricks & walls. It's only 5 hrs away, so anytime now...

Also, still finding surprises in my last LEGO haul...the legs for #7250 Clone Scout Walker were already assembled, so I finished the build.
    I must say that I am super happy that Lego puts the parts in numbered bags instead of just placing them in the bags sorta randomly.

Its very time consuming sorting everything first. Even more time being lazy lol
  • Poisso3Poisso3 Member Posts: 196
    Finally picked up #10220. This should be fun to build in the morning.
    Built the Milano from #76021. Really enjoyed the build and love the ship itself. Used a few stickers from my #5002145 rocket raccoon poly to give it some character
  • DaraghDaragh IrelandMember Posts: 363
    #8043 the most expensive set I ever bought. Collected it tonight and tore straight into it. The build is great so far, more complex than I expected and very clever. Loving it.
    Finished Fort Legoredo, went faster than I thought. My kids love it. Soon we pull parts & begin construction on Gold City Junction. Then that'll be all for our Western sets.
    Just finished making what I could of the captain America TRU canada build, I just need those darn star tiles
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    Rebuilding all my super cars, just finished the last one : #8448 Super Street Sensation/Convertible build. While being now 20 years old, my favorite is still #8880.

Bottom Right #8653 Enzo Ferrari is filling the void until I can get a #956 or #853 (PM me if you have one to spare ;-)
    DrmnezAndor
    My boys seemed to lose interest in our newly-built Westen theme almost the moment I finished. Now waiting on an exchanged part to build #6082 Fire Breathing Fortress, which will likely raise their interest in the Castle theme once again. FBF got good reviews, but I'm not seeing it yet.
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    Getting work on 2 mosaics going. 2250 pearl gold 1x1 so far lol
    rancorbaitLegoboycarlqThirdBuckEye
  • CoyotelilyCoyotelily God's Own County, UKMember Posts: 656
    @jadedanc‌ i'd love to have a go at mosaics, is there any software you use or do you do it free hand?
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,403
    I'm currently trying to build an LMS 2-6-4 Stanier class steam engine.

It is proving rather a challenge to fit all the PF elements into it and still get it looking reasonably good. I don't think it's an insurmountable challenge, but it's definitely a much bigger challenge than my last engine (which I've almost finished but haven't shown to anyone yet)
    I got my Snowman seasonal set today and I think I'm gonna build it very soon. I found the comic in the back of the box funny and now looking forward to the build.
    Andor
  • The_Sly_FoxThe_Sly_Fox Member Posts: 42
    edited November 2014
    @Coyotelily
    I did a mosaic of my niece last year. I simply uploaded a photo I took on my phone. I then pixelated it on my PC. I used LunaPic, if I remember correctly. After that I simply used some baseplates and thousands of 1x1 round plates.
    ThirdBuckEye
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,467
    The Research Institute. :)
  • BrickmanBrickman Ol' Brick SquareMember Posts: 42
    edited November 2014
    Finished my Flathead V8. Even made a 4 speed transmission to go with it. Two big motors for smooth RPM, etc. Time to make some videos :)

Then my next project is that I want the 5571 Black Cat big Rig, but it's way too expensive. Soooo I'll build me one :D Except it will be red.

ThirdBuckEyeGothamConstructionCocarlq
  • ThirdBuckEyeThirdBuckEye Member Posts: 44

@Coyotelily
    I did a mosaic of my niece last year. I simply uploaded a photo I took on my phone. I then pixelated it on my PC. I used LunaPic, if I remember correctly. After that I simply used some baseplates and thousands of 1x1 round plates.

Do u have any pictures? I would like to do a mosaic of my family. How many baseplates did you use?
  • 123appleman123appleman Member Posts: 3
    Trying to find all the pieces to rebuild Tower Raid.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    Finished rebuilding all the winter sets to join #10245, Santa's Workshop. Still fits on four 48x48 this year.
    JenniBumblepantsBrickDancerDrmnezjadedancAndorThirdBuckEyecarlqjpcz
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 797
    Currently building my recently acquired Grand Emporium. I have to say that it is rather repetitive, but an impressive build nonetheless.

I noticed that the individual floors don't join together with tiles with studs on ends like the other modulars, and instead, they just get placed on one another with bricks in certain positions to hold them in place. Mine definitely feels a bit loose. did anyone replace the tiles?
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,403
    Right, I've actually got my latest train to run! To say it's been a nightmare to package all the PF into it is an understatement. I've based it on the LMS 2-6-4 Fowler Class, rather than the Stanier Class that I previously stated (the main difference is a lower tender).

It's not finished yet, so there are a couple of colours wrong, and a few small details needing added, but it works! I really wasn't sure if it would, or if it would try to rip the motor from the mountings. As it was, it did the latter at first, but after a little tweak it works fine. :)

PeteMGothamConstructionCocarlqmonkeysidersdd
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,086
    jadedanc said:

Getting work on 2 mosaics going. 2250 pearl gold 1x1 so far lol

Thats going to be a beautiful EGA! Have you done your own service?

Oh-Rah!