Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

R2-D2 #10225 has missing bags

starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341
edited November 2014 in Collecting
i bought about two sets of R2-D2 #10225 last month in US. both of these sets have #7 bag missing.

Comments

• rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    What's the production number (the code on one of the sticker seals)?
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,967
    How many bags does r2 normally have?
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    edited November 2014
    @Graphite posted this in the "How Many Bags" thread back in 2012 so credit goes to him.

#10225 R2-D2

3 instruction books
    sticker sheet
    loose plaque plate
    2x #1 bags
    2x #2 bags
    2x #3 bags
    1x #4 bags
    1x #5 bags
    2x #6 bags
    1x #7 bags
    1x #8 bags
    2x #9 bags
    1x #10 bags
    tamamahm
  • starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341
    rocao said:

What's the production number (the code on one of the sticker seals)?

36R4
  • Bluefairy_56Bluefairy_56 Member Posts: 320
    On my R2D2 all the bags were accounted for.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,804
    Ahhhhh, 39r1. Memories.

"My wife has been helping me sort the fire brigade 10197 which is missing 100+ pieces!! She has hit the wall"
    Oops.jpg 440.7K
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    I had all the bags. Where did you buy the set? I bought mine from TRU (Finland).
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I haven't purchased that set yet. But my FB had all those missing pieces too. You win some, you lose some. LEGO makes mistakes..(too many in my experience). Yet I still buy. Shame on me.

I did want to pick up R2 before it retires...
  • BillybrownBillybrown UKMember Posts: 748
    I have a few R2 D2's and I think a couple of different batch numbers, so will be weighing them.
    edited November 2014
    I have an R2 D2 sealed in box weighing 2551 gram for a batch code 34S4
    edited November 2014
    batch 27S4 weighs 2552 grams, but havnt come across a 36R4 amoungst my stuff yet to compare with
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,265
    I'll see if I can pull out the box to my R2 that I did the box inventory above on to see what its batch number is.
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    Legoboy said:

Ahhhhh, 39r1. Memories. />

been there (I think, didn't know it was a notorious issue) my Fire Brigade had a bag for an entirely different set in it, was that what others experienced as well?
  • Bluefairy_56Bluefairy_56 Member Posts: 320

Legoboy said:

Ahhhhh, 39r1. Memories. />

been there (I think, didn't know it was a notorious issue) my Fire Brigade had a bag for an entirely different set in it, was that what others experienced as well?
    Nope. All the bags were for the FB. Lucky you.
  • starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341
    edited November 2014
    i bought them from the lego Shop @ home. weight of both these sets are 5lb 7.8oz .
  • BrewBrew New Mexico (It's an actual state in the US)Member Posts: 182
    ^That's 2489g for those who prefer the metric system and want to compare to @Billybrown 's number.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    Legoboy said:

Ahhhhh, 39r1. Memories.

Yep...been there myself. TLG was very good about shipping out the missing parts; however, it took awhile to arrive from overseas as I recall.
  • The_Sly_FoxThe_Sly_Fox Member Posts: 42
    Over the years I have had thousands of Lego sets. I have never ever had so much as a missing piece.
  • mountebankmountebank Member Posts: 1,237
    edited November 2014
    It seems that posters in the US refer to seal codes having R in them and the ones I've looked at especially here in the UK have S in them. I guess R and S refer to Americas and European based factories. Is that correct?