Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Benny spaceship 70816 for $80 at Walmart.

DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
Saw this at fbtb.com. Went over there and look it said $99 still but when I scanned it show $80. Pretty decent price for it. Figured I would post it.
Thanos75

Comments

• tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,985
    Not sure how I sent you a PM instead of posting. Trying again...

Thanks!! It is not the biggest discount, but enough to entice me for now. I just am not seeing this set dropping to 30% or more, but who knows.

As a fyi, the arctic outpost also seems discounted to around $75. That is still not enough for me to bite

• mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    tamamahm said:

As a fyi, the arctic outpost also seems discounted to around $75. That is still not enough for me to bite

If you're talking about the Arctic Base Camp then $75 is actually a pretty good deal. This set seems like it might be popular this Christmas thus being hard to find in a month or so.
  • Ladder19JTKLadder19JTK Hudson ValleyMember Posts: 221
    Both of the items will be available from WM.com beginning next week for the same prices listed above.......
    TXLegoguy
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    thanks @doubledbrick, the spaceship was on my wanted list
    edited November 2014
    mathew said:

tamamahm said:

If you're talking about the Arctic Base Camp then $75 is actually a pretty good deal. This set seems like it might be popular this Christmas thus being hard to find in a month or so.
    Thanks, I did not bother Google the name.

Yes, for those that resell (or want the set) the discount is reasonable. I do not, and there is only mild interest from my son (this not knowing the name exactly), so for my personal case the discount is simply not enough to make it interesting.
    Benny's spaceship... Different story. ;-)
  • starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341
    cheapest could be had from TRU if you can find for $99.99. at least till today you can get the brick-october set. and 10% using the TRU card. $90 (after 10%) -(brickoktober set)19.99=$70.01

few months ago with TRU 20%-25% off coupon + thursday 10% off this could be had for about $68-$70 after tax.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,473
    Thank you for the heads up. Ill wait for Amazon to price match for both
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,291
    I might price match at Target with Redcard for a wee bit extra off.
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    Thanks, was waiting for any sort discount on this. Not chancing waiting to see if it turns up for cheaper elsewhere down the line. This was a true must-have for me. Well, in a LEGO sort of way. Not life or death or anything.
    pharmjod
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    Odindusk said:

Thanks, was waiting for any sort discount on this. Not chancing waiting to see if it turns up for cheaper elsewhere down the line. This was a true must-have for me. Well, in a LEGO sort of way. Not life or death or anything.

Benny's Spaceship is probably my favorite build ever. They really got the flow of the construction down with this one. The set itself is kind of odd to display or even play with though. It's really big and kind of flimsy. It's not going to break in half but I've already lost one of the small rocket thrusters and it could use some landing gear (the bottom of the ship is really rough). Amazing parts pack though for Classic Space fans. If I had the money I would pick up another at this price just to part out.
    Natebw
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    ^

Very much grew up on classic space. I've been just dying to get my hands on this one. I had to balance my desire for this set against my stubborn policy of not paying full retail for LEGO.
  • NatebwNatebw Tampa BayMember Posts: 339
    Like others, I have been waiting for Benny's and this price drop means that the time is right.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Is this pretty much an in-store YMMV thing? I'm not seeing it show up as $80 on the website (or the set even show up in the mobile app for that matter)
    FBTB has a link. Walmart has a 'Lego Build Your Bundle' thing going on. So you must first find that and then select the Spaceship and the total is $80. There were some other decent deals in there too.
    Did some more digging. The $80 price comes from the holiday toy book, which kicks in Nov 9th. A few other deals listed as well. https://blackfriday.com/stores/walmart/flyers/toy-book/page-11
    Odindusk
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    iccarus said:

Did some more digging. The $80 price comes from the holiday toy book, which kicks in Nov 9th. A few other deals listed as well. https://blackfriday.com/stores/walmart/flyers/toy-book/page-11

Umm... Then it must be an early thing people are finding since I just scored one at 80 tonight at wm! And did you try actually going to the store and scanning the set? According to what I'm hearing, its ONLY being found in store and by price checking at a kiosk and isn't supposed to hit the online site for a few days
    I'm not denying it works. It might just be a pricing error in the system that made the sale start sooner than expected/intended. Still a great price on this set and worth picking up.
  • g3mang3man Member Posts: 15
    LEGO 70816 is now showing as $80 at Walmart.com
    Amazon & Target have not yet price-matched
    iccarus said:

I'm not denying it works. It might just be a pricing error in the system that made the sale start sooner than expected/intended. Still a great price on this set and worth picking up.

Eh. I doubt it was a pricing error. The change was done on multiple sets, and there was signage on the sets to state it was a roll-back. We've seen on occasion with big box stores were certain items go online earlier in the store than online sales.

• RonyarRonyar Member Posts: 373
    I just tried the link from amazon uk listed on the front page, and with shipping you can get this set for a touch under $75 delivered.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-LEGO-Movie-70816-Spaceship/dp/B00IQNIQ1S/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
    Not sure how returns would work if it came damaged, but still a bit cheaper than Walmart.
  • nkx1nkx1 Member Posts: 719
    ^Looks like the Amazon UK supply is exhausted (not seeing it from Amazon direct). Like Bumblepants stated above, maybe I'll use the Target Red Card to get 5% off $80 (helps ease the tax here in CA).
    Price matched with Redcard at Target today. Asked if the coupon from the toybook worked. Cashier tried it and it wouldn't scan because of all the exclusions on the back. She announced that was stupid to have all those exclusions and knocked an extra $10 off. So I was out the door with one Spaceship and two bags of -70% Snickers and M&Ms for $75 total. Quite pleased.
    nkx1BuriedinBricksRonyarjasorLegoKip
    g3man said:

LEGO 70816 is now showing as $80 at Walmart.com
    Amazon & Target have not yet price-matched

Interesting that Amazon.com (US) happened to be out of stock of Benny's Spaceship when this became official.
    Was this on sale briefly and then sold out, or has this set been out of stock for some time now?
  • juggles7juggles7 United StatesMember Posts: 452
    In late October, Amazon dropped the price on it from 95 to 87.99, and on or around November 1, it went out of stock. That's from the camelcamelcamel website
  • ChgoMattChgoMatt USAMember Posts: 108
    I found these items listed with price rollbacks on walmart.com:

LEGO Super Heroes Batman: Man-Bat Attack Play Set 19.97/16.00
    LEGO Super Heroes Captain America vs. Hydra Play Set 19.97/14.97
    LEGO Star Wars Pre Vizsla's Mandalorian Fighter Play Set 49.98/44.97
    LEGO Movie Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! 99.99/80.00
    LEGO Creator Treehouse Play Set 29.97/23.99
    LEGO Super Heroes Doc Ock Truck Heist Play Set 19.97/14.97
    LEGO Star Wars The Phantom 24.97/19.88
    LEGO City Police Prisoner Transporter Building Set 24.97/18.74
    LEGO Ninjago Overborg Attack Play Set 19.97/15.29
    LEGO Super Heroes Batman: The Joker Steam Roller Play Set 49.97/44.88
    LEGO Chima Razar CHI Raider Play Set 39.96/34.97
    LEGO City Police High Speed Police Chase Building Set 19.97/17.97
    LEGO Creator Turbo Quad Building Set 24.97/19.99
    LEGO Chima Whirling Vines Play Set 11.97/10.19

If you missed it you can still get:

LEGO Lone Ranger Silver Mine Shootout Play Set 64.99
    jasormadforLEGOthenos
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 372
    The Arctic base camp #60036 is $74.99
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 772
    I ended up picking up a Bennys Spaceship from B & N for $72 plus got the free $10 gift card.
  • RealmwatcherRealmwatcher Member Posts: 14
    I found this at my local Walmart about a week ago. Wasted no time putting it on layaway for myself
  • BrickapolisBrickapolis Member Posts: 11
    @scotty12‌ B&N as in Barnes and Noble? If so, how might I ask?
    Yes, Barnes and Noble. I had a couple 20% coupons sent to me in the mail last month. B & N also had another 20% coupon that ran from Friday thru Sunday. I seem to get them every month now. So you get 20% for the coupon plus 10% for membership and if you purchase a $75 B& N gift card you get a $10 gift card for free(your just not able to use the $10 gift card until Dec. 26) and your able to use the $75 card you purchased right away.
    $100x20%off = $80 x 10%off = $72 plus a free $10 gift card
    I have not bothered trying Barnes, since their coupons started stipulating Lego are excluded back in August. Mileage seems to vary, according to posts as to whether stores follow through on that. I did not check the physical coupons mailed to my house, though, to see if the stipulation was on those as well.
    ^ I was able to use the physical coupons mailed to my house...no questions asked. I took it to the dvd/cd checkout counter in the back. I ended up getting a #60051 High Speed Passenger Train for $106 as well....wasn't sure I'd find a better deal before x-mas.
    In case anyone still needs one of these I noticed Target dropped the price on the shelf to $79.99 when I was there today
  • bethemonkeybethemonkey Member Posts: 16
    Got Two for $59 + tax each up here in Canada.
    krklint