Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Brickset Builders Guild - share your MOCs here!

Comments

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,238
    Another smashingly clever idea @vitreolum‌
    klatu003
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    @Vitreolum - LOL. I love it! XoD
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    Thanks. For some reason I keep sticking with the cantina for crossovers.
    I cant wait to see the Cloud Cuckoo Land Cantina :-P
    Lego_Star
  • zipsforbananaszipsforbananas WalesMember Posts: 250
    That is fantastic! And we all know who's going to draw first... ;)
  • TechnicNickTechnicNick Berkshire, UKMember Posts: 277
    And I suddenly can't quite remember if I've shown this here before - my apologies if you're getting a sense of deja vu...
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,938
    I've seen it somewhere before, either here or MOCpages, but it's still just excellent. I've seen quite a few cars-with-some-features on the 'Pages, but never anything that goes all the way like this one. Mind blowing detail, seriously.

@vitreolum‌ My favourite detail is the Yoda-shaman at the top. Don't know why, but it is...

I've seen it somewhere before, either here or MOCpages, but it's still just excellent. I've seen quite a few cars-with-some-features on the 'Pages, but never anything that goes all the way like this one. Mind blowing detail, seriously.

Thanks @plasmodium, it's been up on MocPages and Flickr since I built it, and I think it's appeared on a few blogs as well.
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,384
    @TechnicNick‌
    Wow! Your Deux Chevaux is stunning! It may not be the first classic car or Citroën (probably for me it would be the DS or the SM) that comes to my mind, but it definitely is one of the most detailed and well executed cars in Lego I have seen pictures of.

It would not surprise me if a lot of people who are into collecting Lego car sets (such as the VW camper van, the Mini, and the Beetle) would love to add this one to their collection. Have you ever thought of putting it on the Lego Ideas site?
    Plus I think there are a lot of Citroën enthusiasts who are not necessarily into Lego but who would love your Lego MOC.
    TechnicNick
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,384
    Totally off-topic but the body of a Citroën Méhari is made of ABS plastic, just like Lego.
    @TechnicNick‌
    You would not by accident have also turned that car into a Lego model?
    TechnicNick

Totally off-topic but the body of a Citroën Méhari is made of ABS plastic, just like Lego.
    @TechnicNick‌
    You would not by accident have also turned that car into a Lego model?

Thanks @TheBigLegoski, as a long time Citroen fan, I knew that. There's a car that screams for lego-izing! Other Cits I've done before this one include a DS, Kegresse and a Traction Avant. An SM is on the to-do list...

• CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,280
    @TechnicNick - Do you have to break down your fantastic MOCs for parts, or do you have an entire garage of models of famous cars? I would love to see a photo of them all lined up if you have kept them together.
    plasmodium

@TechnicNick - Do you have to break down your fantastic MOCs for parts, or do you have an entire garage of models of famous cars? I would love to see a photo of them all lined up if you have kept them together.

I can keep several together at a time, so they tend to stay built for a few months, at least. Thanks @CapnRex101 I'll do a group photo soon.
    CapnRex101
  • ITS_TeamITS_Team Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

we are the ITS - Image Tweaking System - Team and participating in the "Zenon Challenge 2014". Our team comes from the University of Applied Sciences in Salzburg and we have built an 2D Image Plotter that places 1x1 round stones on a 31x31 matrix to visualize logos and images.

This was our first project with an EV3 brick and our first lego project at all. We built this machine out of the blue without any experience and helper tools. It was very very difficult and hard work to get the system to the needed level of precision and hope you enjoy the outcome :-)

Please check the link for further information about our project...
    zenon-challenge.com/teams/show/Team/detail/its_image_tweaking_system.html

...and enjoy our video!
    youtube.com/watch?v=zucwctM1Az0

Feel free to ask us if you have questions to our system!

If you like our project please support us in the ongoing voting challenge between 28.10.2014 and 18.11.2014. Everyday a vote is possible. (see the link to the information)

Your Image Tweaking System Team
    plasmodiumrancorbaitChrisbstmbobabricksLegoManiacc
    edited November 2014
    Had an evening by myself last night so did a little bit of a preliminary build for something much larger I've got planned. Got a load of parts ordered on bricklink, but it's going to be while before I have anything more substantial for it.

I'm quite pleased with how the lighting worked (that was a bit of an experiment) but I definitely need to get my proper camera charged and working again!
    GothamConstructionCorancorbaitvitreolumChrisbstmBumblepantsGalactussnowhitie
    @ITS_Team‌ - very clever!
    @Shib‌ ...are those Fabuland legs coming up through the soil?! I dread to think what Fabuland zombies are like...
    Shib
    They might be...one of my brick link orders might be a load of badly damaged fabuland figures...the idea came from seeing one with the eye print very badly rubbed away giving a whitted out eye look that just screamed Zombie. I've got a little bit of a daft story line for a few builds...just need to see how time and parts work out for me...
    Chrisbstm
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,821
    So my daughter is doing The Romans at school at the moment. The half term challenge for all class members was to build a Roman Fort out of whatever they want. Naturally we did Lego! Just need to add a few more figs, which we are cobbling together from other figures now rather than the expensive Romans!

cheshirecatbrickedinGothamConstructionCoTechnicNickjackybrickGalactussnowhitie
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Very nice and I'm not sure you need many/any more figures, its looking great already. If I had one comment it would be that the chimney doesn't look very Roman.
    Very good-looking! I used Lego for a couple of school projects (in 12th grade!).

Maybe you should add a few indomitable Gauls? ;-)
    richo
    Nice. One place I lived had an old (non-functioning) Massey Ferguson tractor (must have been about the same vintage as your Ford) in the playground for kids to play on. I (and my siblings and many other kids) had lots of fun with it.
    Natebwrancorbait
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,493
    That is a creative use for the separator.
    Unless the ship is for display only, when actually building the Ironfly you will need to stabilize the connections to the brick separators.
    Venunder said:

That is a creative use for the separator.
    Unless the ship is for display only, when actually building the Ironfly you will need to stabilize the connections to the brick separators.

@Venunder - Thanks!

I'm not sure I get all of what you're saying... If you're thinking its a digital model, its not. I did actually build it :o)
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,493
    ^ Sorry at first glance I did think it was computer generated.
    I just can't see these photoshopped? images as real brick constructions, unless I copy them and enlarge them.
    Do the separators keep falling off when you swoosh the ship?
    Venunder said:

^ Sorry at first glance I did think it was computer generated.
    I just can't see these photoshopped? images as real brick constructions, unless I copy them and enlarge them.
    Do the separators keep falling off when you swoosh the ship?

Yeah, I did edit it with Gimp.

No, the separators stay on fine, but its not very sturdy overall!
    here's the original unaltered photo:
    jackybrickTheBigLegoskiGalactus
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,096
    I guess I’m done with this guy! I designed it on LDD several months ago and ordered the parts that I thought I needed. After getting started, I found all kinds of things I didn’t like about the construction and had a get additional parts. The biggest challenge was the roof. Originally, I had designed an octagon roof put was not happy with the results. The end result is 16 sided but looks conical. I'm not 100% sure I like the added 1x10 LGB plates that I used to cover up the roof seams. It looks pretty good without them but there are more gaps. One thing that will change is the chrome elbow spout. There are a few grey ones (expensive) on Bricklink. Inspired by Vitreolum's excellent vignettes, I added some landscaping. Anybody catch the nod to a classic Disney film?
    rancorbaitAndorTheBigLegoskiTechnicNickbluedragonEKSamGalactuscrazycarl

The Fiddler

Would be distinctly un-pleased with one of these on my roof.
    zipsforbananasrancorbaitTheBigLegoskiTechnicNickGothamConstructionCoeightbrickvitreolumJenniricecake
    I forgot to add the reference photo:

@plasmodium - LOL.

"Nicknamed the Fiddler, on account of its crablike body and having one weapon significantly larger than the other."

Not because it plays music :oP

:o)
    AndorTheBigLegoski
  • chrisb46chrisb46 Member Posts: 9
    This isn't a MOC (yet) but something I'd like suggestions on ways to evolve as this is my first embryonic MOC idea. I'd like to build up a mountains / activity scene and I've started out with 31025, adding a workshop based on 40106 and some accessories from 41030.

It clearly needs a bigger mountain and I'd also like to get a forest in there, give it more variation in height, and add some campers / a tent / a campervan / people doing mountain / outdoorsy activities. So suggestions for sets to add to it - especially a good way to build a small forest - are all welcome!

Full size here.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions - you can see the sets I've identified (plus some other stuff I want that is completely unrelated!) on my wanted page.
    rancorbaitAndor
  • jackybrickjackybrick Member Posts: 48
    edited November 2014
    @chrisb46‌
    Well, in the case of forest/trees, there are many tutorials around the internet.
    It also depends on, if you want to ’BrickLink’ or ’PaB’ some parts, or you just rely on the existing sets.
    Here are some links for the tree tutorials that I find useful:
    Text and pics:
    ’Falworth Tree’
    Post Oak Tree
    Fir Tree
    Videos:
    Pine Tree
    Oak Tree
    aimlesspursuitsklatu003
    @jackybrick‌ thanks, that's a big help - I was somewhat overwhelmed by all the info out there that's a good starting point. Guess I will be needing a LOT of leaves if I want even a small forest.
  • jackybrickjackybrick Member Posts: 48
    @chrisb46
    Yes, but there is yet another way how to build a satisfying LEGO tree, that I tried once, when I was building a little LOTR vignette- Frodo waiting for Gandalf under the tree, reading a book (,if you are familiar with that...) and I managed to build a really nice looking tree (,at least IMO) using only parts like
    Hinge Plate 1X2 Upper/Lower
    Roof Tile 1X2/45°
    Plate 1X3
    Left Plate 2X3 W/Angle
    But the consumption of these was also rather high :-) and sadly, I doubt that I will find any good-enough picture of it to post here for you to have a look at...
    Andor
    I can imagine that made a lovely vignette. Given I'm just back from the dark ages wih a small collection, maybe I should be thinking smaller, and looking to build vignettes along this theme that I can build up into a diorama.
    Andor
  • AndorAndor United StatesMember Posts: 252
    Wow! That is amazing. How long does take you to build your MOCs @vitreolum‌?
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,280
    ^ That's a Mondrian if ever I saw one :o)
    klatu003markarm919AdzbadboyGothamConstructionCoEKSam
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    Andor said:

Wow! That is amazing. How long does take you to build your MOCs @vitreolum‌?

Thanks, depends on the moc, this one took about 5 hours in total,
    Andor
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    I haven't posted anything here for a while, so I thought I'd share my most popular entry for the Bionicle Battle For the Golden Mask Competition running on Eurobricks: Spidrion the Skull King.

Spidrion the Skull King
    vitreolumbluedragonBumblepantsAndoraimlesspursuitsbrickedinTechnicNickGothamConstructionCoEKSam
  • zipsforbananaszipsforbananas WalesMember Posts: 250
    Things I particularly love about @vitreolum‌'s latest:
    The hinges making lumps in the walls
    The swords making hinges on the door
    And especially the minifigure legs making the cross shaped window. Genius!
    klatu003
    klatu003 said:

Stormtroopers at the Friends Jungle Cafe

@CapnRex101 - "I've gotta make things right"...

;oP
  • Solfami75Solfami75 Member Posts: 4
    Just a simple chess I make
    TechnicNickrancorbaitEKSamzipsforbananasbrickedinGothamConstructionCovitreolumTheBigLegoski
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,242
    ^ Cool. Is that queen having an affair with the Jester? They look a little to close =)
    Solfami75
  • KantSpellKantSpell Member Posts: 22
    edited November 2014
    imageHi
    I'm new around here. Some of you guys build some amazing stuff
    These are a couple I've done recently.

32 Ford Hot Rod

http://www.bricksetforum.com/utility/thumbnail/13645/~cf/FileUpload/30/86979db3c6e17136bd5951b664ee70.jpg

Space ship based on the look of an early 50's custom car

http://www.bricksetforum.com/utility/thumbnail/13643/~cf/FileUpload/ea/d2a4fc6babb976991c44af5c7c2da7.jpg

and a Rocket Powered Segway

http://www.bricksetforum.com/utility/thumbnail/13644/~cf/FileUpload/46/477bbfa74876d486892d35206511ac.jpg

Let me know what you think. Or support them and see more pics on the Ideas site.

32 Ford https://ideas.lego.com/projects/61131

Space Rod https://ideas.lego.com/projects/83000

Segway https://ideas.lego.com/projects/61126
    plasmodiumbrickedinrancorbaitEKSamklatu003The_Mad_Vulcan