Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Amazon Visa Card Random sale

thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 444
First off, Amazon has a 1 time use coupon for 25% off select toy items if you use your Chase Amazon Visa, $50 max discount. TYS25ARC is the coupon.

I found two LEGO sets that it worked on, the Ewok Village and Mindstorms EV3. It's $50 off either, so $199.99 or $299.99 plus tax, or 20% and 14% respectively.

Again, it's a super restrictive coupon (i.e. you need the card) but if you have one and are in the market... although mindstorms can be shipped from the UK for about the same price (less with taxes). I will probably just buy what I was going to (Disney infinity 2) but I thought I'd pass it along.

canon03bluedragonmargotlordzarakEKSamspicemindoldtodd33

Comments

• DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    Also works on Dolphin Cruisers, and some of the Juniors sets like the batcave. One time use only, so choose wisely.

Here's the full list
    thenos
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,110
    it's not 27%, but 20% off an exclusive is nothing to shake a stick at. thanks!
  • goshe7goshe7 Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 515
    ^ the common man has to appreciate 20% off an exclusive.
    dougtsAndor
  • nkx1nkx1 Member Posts: 719
    How are you able to discern which sets it works on? Trial and error?
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    Thanks, I bought an Ewok Village. There wasn't a surcharge for the paper bag it ships in, either :p
    LegoKip
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,308
    nkx1 said:

How are you able to discern which sets it works on? Trial and error?

@DadsAFOL posted the link to the list
    nkx1
  • bluedragonbluedragon PortugalMember Posts: 506
    I bought a Village as well. Applied amazon rewards points so it ended up being $130 odd. Was waiting for a good opportunity to get it and I guess this was it-thanks!
  • spicemindspicemind Member Posts: 17
    Thank you. Placed an order for the Ewok Village!
  • starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341

I bought a Village as well. Applied amazon rewards points so it ended up being $130 odd. Was waiting for a good opportunity to get it and I guess this was it-thanks!

its better to use the rewards points for statement credit since (its 1->1) and use the card to purchase that way you maximize on the points earned.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,653
    Thank you very much! I never thought I would buy that set.
    ^^ I thought the 100 points to $1 only applied for shopping on amazon and the conversion was less advantageous for statement credit. Thanks for pointing that out! I just lost $2.40...
  • herekittykittyherekittykitty Member Posts: 122
    I got a $70 gift card for opening the amazon credit card, so $145 with tax for an Ewok Village. Color me happy!
    juggles7
  • Corwin12Corwin12 Member Posts: 30
    I did not see set 70145 Chima Maula's Ice Mammoth on the list from the link that DadsAFOL posted; however, it is also part of the promotion:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J4S6Y8G/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    My Ewok Village arrived today and I'm happy to report it came in a shipping box with a lot of padding inside. I'm unhappy to report that part of that padding was a Jumbo box of Pampers.
    Andor
  • lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    Ditto. Nice big box and not in an envelope. But no Pampers in mine.
    Andor
  • herekittykittyherekittykitty Member Posts: 122
    Pampers would be better than a bag of ice picks, I suppose.

Ours came today too, but I haven't opened it yet (children around). The box looked sturdy at least. We're building it though so it doesn't matter too much. Well, we're building it in like a year once my youngest stops walking off with "his guys" to "change their clothes." I found Buzz Lightyear in a Darth Vader helmet the other day.
  • nkx1nkx1 Member Posts: 719
    ^^So you're unhappy about having to buy pampers, or you randomly received pampers? Just curious.
    Andor
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 444
    ^^ that' just wrong. Zerg is Vader, Buzz is Luke.
    herekittykitty
    Got mine yesterday. Box was big but not well padded so I've got some corner damage. It is for me though- no problem.
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    edited November 2014
    It would be great if they used pampers for packing, then maybe i could afford some more legos.
    Andor
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,653
    I received my Ewok Village yesterday. It came in a box well packed and no damage.